Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:46:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade by yourself! Avoid middleman! Ripple -Buying/selling XRP-Noob guide  (Read 5943 times)
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:54:53 PM

bump. people read the OP.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 11:22:35 AM

I placed an Order but it didn't appear in the Order Book even after hours (although showed in My Orders) - also for the Last Trade it always says n/a after all other fields have values (this has occurred every time that I have tried to use this Trade tab).

Does the trading engine actually work at all?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
mah87 (OP)
Donator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:32:07 AM

I placed an Order but it didn't appear in the Order Book even after hours (although showed in My Orders) - also for the Last Trade it always says n/a after all other fields have values (this has occurred every time that I have tried to use this Trade tab).

Does the trading engine actually work at all?

Try to place the order again. It happens some bugs sometimes (still beta version). Try again, it should be written "orderaccepted" or "order refused" (because of no fund for example).

Let me know if you still have some problem i'll do my best to help you;
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 11:46:00 AM

Try to place the order again. It happens some bugs sometimes (still beta version). Try again, it should be written "orderaccepted" or "order refused" (because of no fund for example).

Tried twice - both times it said "Order Accepted" but both times did not show up in the Order Book (even after hours).

Will try again tomorrow maybe but this is looking like about the most buggy trading engine I've ever seen (should not be called "beta" but "alpha" I think when very simple trade orders do not show up). Sad

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:49:05 AM

Tried twice - both times it said "Order Accepted" but both times did not show up in the Order Book (even after hours).

Will try again tomorrow maybe but this is looking like about the most buggy trading engine I've ever seen (should not be called "beta" but "alpha" I think when very simple trade orders do not show up). Sad

You need to look in "My Order".
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 11:53:25 AM

It showed up in "My Order" as stated - but not in the Order Book - are you telling me that your own orders don't show up in the Order Book?

In any case at the time I placed the order it should have been (at least partially) processed (as the XRP price was actually lower than the current Bid at the time) - but instead after hours My Order was still there but no trade and nothing showing up in the Order Book.

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:57:42 AM

It showed up in "My Order" as stated - but not in the Order Book - are you telling me that your own orders don't show up in the Order Book?

In any case at the time I placed the order it should have been (at least partially) processed (as the XRP price was actually lower than the current Bid at the time) - but instead after hours My Order was still there but no trade and nothing showing up in the Order Book.

Tell me the order you passed and your balance please
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 12:04:53 PM

I cancelled both orders (so they won't be there now) and I'd rather not give out exact amounts publicly (if you are working for OpenCoin then I'm sure you can work that out anyway).

I will try again and see how it goes - just to clarify one important point though should *my order* appear in the Order Book or not?

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 12:10:35 PM

I cancelled both orders (so they won't be there now) and I'd rather not give out exact amounts publicly (if you are working for OpenCoin then I'm sure you can work that out anyway).

I will try again and see how it goes - just to clarify one important point though should *my order* appear in the Order Book or not?

your order appears in order book yes.

I'm asking the amount for a reason. For example you may want to buy some XRP

Actually the best XRP offer (on bitstamp gateway) is 88 for an amount of 457$. If you pass an order asking 90 it won't be exchange and you'd have to wait that someone is willing to sell his xrp for that price.

A reason your order is not appearing clearly on the order book is that you put the same price than someone else, so your order is added to a previous order.

I don't know if it helps.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 12:17:34 PM

Selling XRP for BTC - the XRP per BTC price was 7900 and no order at that value showed up in the Order Book at all.

Now of course that price wouldn't be likely to be filled which is why I will probably just wait a while before deciding whether or not to place another such order - I can understand orders at a price being combined but that is not what I saw at all.

(am pretty sure it is no fault with your instructions btw)

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 12:48:18 PM

Selling XRP for BTC - the XRP per BTC price was 7900 and no order at that value showed up in the Order Book at all.

Now of course that price wouldn't be likely to be filled which is why I will probably just wait a while before deciding whether or not to place another such order - I can understand orders at a price being combined but that is not what I saw at all.

(am pretty sure it is no fault with your instructions btw)

it may appears on "7,899.99999999" order. Or maybe it's a display problem. But I'm pretty sure this would be working.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 12:53:04 PM

it may appears on "7,899.99999999" order. Or maybe it's a display problem. But I'm pretty sure this would be working.

I will check carefully next time I place an order (but I can assure you that there was no order even as close as to 10 XRP within 7900 to the ones I had placed which I did twice a few hours between).

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 04:51:37 AM

Indeed - it had changed to 7899.99999999 and now a reasonable portion of the order has been filled (seems my second "cancel" didn't actually occur so the order was still there today but that could be due to a poor internet connection so am not claiming any bug in regards to that).

Next step will be to get the BTC out from Bitstamp!

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 08:09:42 AM

Indeed - it had changed to 7899.99999999 and now a reasonable portion of the order has been filled (seems my second "cancel" didn't actually occur so the order was still there today but that could be due to a poor internet connection so am not claiming any bug in regards to that).

Next step will be to get the BTC out from Bitstamp!

glad to hear you came through those step.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 12:08:48 PM

glad to hear you came through those step.

And BTC came through a few hours back - all in all pretty smooth apart from the trading software in Ripple itself (they need to do a *lot* of work on that).

Thanks for your the helpful instructions!

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: