Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 01:15:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I convert my bitcoin to Ethereum?  (Read 5776 times)
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:31:47 PM

Ethereum is very fashionable now, but as soon as a better platform appears for smart contracts, it may shrink quite a lot.
There are several platforms like ETH already and at the moment it does not seem like they are going to surpass Ethereum any time soon, in a way something similar to what happens in bitcoin is happening with Ethereum, it has an advantage for being the first coin to offer smart contracts and as such that advantage is not going to disappear that easily just because a new coin can do the same.
hehemon

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:11:14 AM

Converting your bitcoin to ethereum is a big mistake, but if you are lucky, it'll get to good profit in short term.
_MrTuyul404

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:16:34 AM

Bitcoin and ethereum are 2 coins that have enormous potential for the future
So I think all you have to do is buy ethereum using money instead of the way you exchange your bitcoin for ethereum. After that, holding bitcoin and ethereum for the long term is the best way to make money Wink

deadmousehat

Activity: 1974
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:20:58 AM

Many pros and cons because we don't know what happens in the future.
If you want to convert your bitcoin, I recommend to convert just a few percent.
Ethereum and Bitcoin have good potential in future. Holding both is the best way.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:34:10 AM

When investing, I’m a big fan of diversification of portfolios. I believe that both Ethereum and Bitcoin offer value, albeit in different ways.

Even though Ethereum is positioning itself to become a large platform, the fact that Bitcoin is so well known makes it the first place where people invest.

Not likely, I have tried this and I don't feel good because with the bitcoins that I had before I could buy now more ethereum.

I'm saying this because the exchange rate has been decreased too much and it's not the same as before and you will lose.
I think it is precisely because of the fact that now you can buy more ETH with your BTC that makes it more attractive to make the purchase, if at some point the price of bitcoin gets lower and the price of ETH keeps strong you could easily now use your Eth to buy bitcoin and get even more in return, and even if that does not happen ETH is a good coin to hold so it is not like you are holding a shit coin.
NJB18

Activity: 663
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:05:21 AM

When investing, I’m a big fan of diversification of portfolios. I believe that both Ethereum and Bitcoin offer value, albeit in different ways.

Even though Ethereum is positioning itself to become a large platform, the fact that Bitcoin is so well known makes it the first place where people invest.

You are right. Diversify your portfolio. There is no need to get confused as to whether Etherium is better than Bitcoin or the other way around. Definitely, it is wisest to just invest on both. Bitcoin is the top among all so there is no question about BTC investment. ETH for me comes in second so the argument is the same. No need to make a fuss as to which to choose.
aidit45@gmail.com

Activity: 1554
Merit: 255

payMe - P2E

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:44:48 AM

I think it is optionally, depending on your needs, if youare a trader may be it is very helpful but you must be has strong techniques and analysis....

▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀▀▄
                       ▄▄███████████████  ▄   █       ▄           ▄
                    ▄███████████████████  █   █      ▐██         ██▌
                  ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄  ▀ ▄▀     ▐████       ████▌
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄      ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄   ██████     ██████         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████▄  █▀ ██████████████   ████    ████   ▐███████   ███████▌     ▄███████████▄
████▀     ▀███▄   ████▀     ▀████    ████  ████   ▐███  ████ ████  ███▌   ▄████▄▄▄▄▄█████
████       ████   ███▌       ████     ████████    ███▌   ███████   ▐███   ███████████████
████▄     ▄███▀   ████▄     ▄████      ██████    ▐███     █████     ███▌  ▀███▄      ▄▄
█████████████▀     ██████████████       ████    ▐███▌      ███      ▐███▌   ▀██████████▀
████  ▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀      ████     ▀▀▀▀        █        ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀
████                                  ████
████                                 ████

►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Golegard

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:04:19 AM

It is better to have it both, bitcoin is widely known all over the world and even out of this earth had known this. Ethereum is the best altcoin and I will keep on eye on this then I will invest my money there. My goals are to make more money with bitcoins and other altcoins. These two crytpocoins will compete in the coinmarketcap and we will see which is the best coins for holding.

Kuchiyose

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:30:25 AM

I think it is optionally, depending on your needs, if youare a trader may be it is very helpful but you must be has strong techniques and analysis....

I seem to agree, because this must have a mature technique to try it out and you have to be sure. Wink
My opinion.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:52:09 AM

I seem to agree, because this must have a mature technique to try it out and you have to be sure. Wink
My opinion.
every moves that you will do inside trading must be calculated correctly as market moves strongly and without enough knowledge and understanding
will bring your portfolio down, if you got some good info and analysis then go and try to switch but keep in mind that the bullish movement of btc will
bring down eth value in some point.
Pasutinmeur

Activity: 302

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:01:50 AM

Converting your bitcoin to ethereum is a big mistake, but if you are lucky, it'll get to good profit in short term.
It shouldn't be considered as a big mistake if you can see the future of ethereum will have become pos token and that makes there will be no more inflation in the market and the amount of ethereum will have limited by the way. It looks very good thing in my mind

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
dewanaga
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:08:22 AM

My opinion.
every moves that you will do inside trading must be calculated correctly as market moves strongly and without enough knowledge and understanding
will bring your portfolio down, if you got some good info and analysis then go and try to switch but keep in mind that the bullish movement of btc will
bring down eth value in some point.
if you really want to move your bitcoin to ethereum if the price of ethereum in usd is still stable its okay,  Smiley
if it is inversely proportional to the risk  Smiley
Bastime

Activity: 519

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:19:45 AM

If only you can predict that Bitcoin value will go down at the same time Ethereum will rise up but I don't think everyone does. It's all speculations and predictions with luck.
In behalf of most BTC users out there, don't do it and you are entering into a bigger risks than you thought.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Ahimoth

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:41:11 AM

Don't choose between the two as these two are promising.
Our coins always fluctuate so we should be used to this. Like when we see it's crashing just calm down and for sure after this there will a sure pump. This is always the trend so better sit and relax. Just hold your eth and btc and wait for the rise and a sure profit.
wildflower18

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:53:15 AM

If only you can predict that Bitcoin value will go down at the same time Ethereum will rise up but I don't think everyone does. It's all speculations and predictions with luck.
In behalf of most BTC users out there, don't do it and you are entering into a bigger risks than you thought.
Bitcoin and ethereum are both offer a huge profit. Might as well invest in these two as this is the most top cryptocurrency to invest. Yes speculation and might get lose if you convert btc to ethereum. So I prefer investing in btc and ethereum.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
sumit513

Activity: 161

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:00:25 AM

If you still want to convert then convert half of your bitcoins.
fedoralite

Activity: 548
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:10:57 AM

Bitcoin and ethereum are both offer a huge profit. Might as well invest in these two as this is the most top cryptocurrency to invest. Yes speculation and might get lose if you convert btc to ethereum. So I prefer investing in btc and ethereum.

But we can't compare it for now on how bitcoins could give as the huge profit since the price of each coin for now is so expensive and I can rather say that its truly better to stake with bitcoins for a while since the 5000$ target is nearly to come. But if you got an expandable pocket then go grab some ETH and for sure you can earn with both of these coins.
Haesoo

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:08:08 AM

It shouldn't be considered as a big mistake if you can see the future of ethereum will have become pos token and that makes there will be no more inflation in the market and the amount of ethereum will have limited by the way. It looks very good thing in my mind

But the sad thing is nobody can tell what can really happen.
Op, if you really feel like that you want to sell your  btc then sell it, but make sure you profited enough. But if you really wanna lose then go, you can buy back again but the price now is really high so think of it many times for you not to regret.
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:22:24 AM

Hey you know that bitcoin is the most famous crypto currency in this time and it is well known to all. It has a great value and it will be increasing. Just hold your bitcoin and watch the price. On the other side Ethereum has more popular for ico platform. I think it has also a great chance and a bright future. You can convert some of your btc to eth and rest of your btc for holding.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:33:30 AM

Coveting your bitcoin to ethereum should be based on how you analysis both coins and if there are fundamental reason why you want to do so. Bitcoin is performing very well now and you should not just because of most comment from forecasters to sell your bitcoin for ethereum. Though ethereum is not doing very bad now but it is not as good as bitcoin in term of profitability, reliability and strength.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: