Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:07:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I convert my bitcoin to Ethereum?  (Read 5776 times)
Hamphser

Activity: 2534
Merit: 331

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:16:16 PM

There are a lot of coins to put your investment to. Ethereum is one promising altcoin that you can lean on. It is on your verdict if you wanted to turn it to bitcoin. But I think bitcoin is more promising than Ethereum.
Both coins are good and if you do have the money,why not invest on both coins? These coins are promising and i cant really compare these two since they are on different platform which i cant see any competitions on here. Prices of bitcoin as of now is dropping same as ETH too which we should see as the best time to buy cheaper coins because later on prices would really recover.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:39:40 PM

There are a lot of coins to put your investment to. Ethereum is one promising altcoin that you can lean on. It is on your verdict if you wanted to turn it to bitcoin. But I think bitcoin is more promising than Ethereum.
Both coins are good and if you do have the money,why not invest on both coins? These coins are promising and i cant really compare these two since they are on different platform which i cant see any competitions on here. Prices of bitcoin as of now is dropping same as ETH too which we should see as the best time to buy cheaper coins because later on prices would really recover.
Simple he want to ask us if have a case you just can choose one of them, what coin is your choice? Ethereum or Bitcoin? For me, I like Ethereum than Bitcoin because I love ICO market, it helps me making profits better than trading Bitcoin/Altcoin many much. Cool

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
blacktux88

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 07:20:12 PM

I would exchange part of the bitcoins in ETH and invest them in icos

thanks tux

AdamCooper

Activity: 74

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:28:38 PM

I would definately not trade bitcoin for ethereum, or for any other crypto currency. Potential for profit is too good to pass up.

Everyday I'm HODLing.
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:56:21 PM

I think converting a fraction of your Bitcoin to Ethereum would be good idea as there is potential in Ethereum.Investing in both coins would be profit able as both coins have grown like anything this year ethereum from $9 to $390 and bitcoins from $900 to $4800.It is clear that bitcoins are better but underestimating ethereum might cause you to regret in future.And also that both coins price have dropped it is best time to buy them.
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:03:52 PM

No, you should never do that, it is too risky.. I only exchanged 50% of my funds to ethereum. I am keeping only 10% in btc, and the other 40% is diversified in different coins that i trust so much.
Ethereum is probably one of the best cryptos that are on the market right now, but you can not convert it all to this one, doesnt matter how good it looks, what is gonna happen to you if ethereum dropps to $100 suddenly?

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
dennyd999

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:09:17 PM

Now rate BTC/ETH is good to invest in my opinion. If you look at weekly charts it is in downtrend and chances that it will recover or even make a new ATH on Metropolis is big. Offcourse if no more bad news willl come.

So, just invest 50% not all your BTC. Keep look at promising ICOs , some of them are hot and could give even more.
bongiu

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:20:51 PM

I personally like BTC and BTC-based altcoins such as Litecoin or BCH for example, they're more stable and have more growth potential than ETH-based altcoins AND TOKENS.
Hamphser

Activity: 2534
Merit: 331

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:15:16 AM

Simple he want to ask us if have a case you just can choose one of them, what coin is your choice? Ethereum or Bitcoin? For me, I like Ethereum than Bitcoin because I love ICO market, it helps me making profits better than trading Bitcoin/Altcoin many much. Cool
If i do really need to choose then i would still always go for Bitcoin and theres no doubt on that.It might not have the same money earning opportunity compared to ETH but I do always see its foundation for longer terms which i do really see on Bitcoin as of now.Just like what i said if i do have the money to spend on, i would still put money on ETH because i can really see its potential either for long term or short tradings.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Sarah08

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:10:03 PM

In my opinion, i will say no. Because bitcoin is still very good in its status today, even though that it is decreasing and shrinking in terms of amount but the users are still there and investing, because in any time bitcoin can still increase and rise, if there are still many users there are big possibilities that it can increase big.
1cak

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:32:50 PM

No, I think isn't a good idea when you convert bitcoin into ethereum, it will only decrease its value only (again, this is just my opinion). I think bitcoin still dominates and everything is affected by the bitcoin price movement
catlovedog

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:31:59 PM

diversify, the best advice in stoks and the best in crypto.
bohr

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:49:57 AM

This is not worth doing. Bitcoin has always been and remains the best crypto currency for investment, especially in the long term. And at any time, despite the fluctuations in its price. Anyway bitcoin in the future brings a significant profit from-0a appreciation rate. In the etherium, you can transfer bitcoin only for the performance of specific transactions or transactions, since this is also a good and promising coin.

+1

Ethereum saw a massive rise, even faster than Bitcoin at some points, but it doesn't mean you should start using it over Bitcoin anytime soon. BTC is still king and always has been. Until something else much, much better comes along it will stay that way.
Nothing that is better has come along and if things keep going in this direction then I think bitcoin is going to get such an advantage that even if something was created that was better than bitcoin I have my doubts that it will overcome bitcoin since at that time bitcoin will have such a huge user base and loyalty from people all over the world that this new coin will hold no chance against bitcoin.
veraoktav127

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:04:55 AM

Converting Bitcoins to Ethereum might cause you to make a good profit in short-term, if you are lucky. But I thing it is not a good idea. Bitcoin is becoming more well-known day by day and the best thing you can do is just hold any BTC you have.

Yes..it's not good idea, ETH convert to Bitcoin and convert to cash

PHOENEX EXCHANGE                       
                               ● Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ●                               
TELEGRAMREDDITREDDITMEDIUMFACEBOOK   ◣WHITEPAPER   
duybuom2010

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:27:58 AM

I will do it if I'm you, especially all the Bitcoins you have. Bitcoin has more potential. And it's easy for you to make a profit from ETh
skylark001

Activity: 228

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 11:32:31 AM

It depends upon person to person.in short it may be done but in long term it is not good for conversion.so it depends upon individual to individual.

Marco Ambrusini

Merit: 105

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:56:56 PM

Branch investment is very positive and secure
Its not advisable to keep all your eggs in one basket.
Diversify .
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:19:18 PM

When investing, I’m a big fan of diversification of portfolios. I believe that both Ethereum and Bitcoin offer value, albeit in different ways.

Even though Ethereum is positioning itself to become a large platform, the fact that Bitcoin is so well known makes it the first place where people invest.
I would say that diversifying is actually best when investing but, however, I don't think trading your bitcoins for ethereum is worth it. Bitcoin is already a big cryptocurrency itself, if you are intending to loose on your investment, trade your bitcoins for ethereum. I have nothing against ethereum but however, I just think that its not worth being traded with bitcoin. What more do you want? Bitcoin is getting recognised from everywhere in the world, it's most valueable than a lot of currencies. Why don't you just HOLD and HOPE?

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:16:52 PM

When investing, I’m a big fan of diversification of portfolios. I believe that both Ethereum and Bitcoin offer value, albeit in different ways.

Even though Ethereum is positioning itself to become a large platform, the fact that Bitcoin is so well known makes it the first place where people invest.
I would say that diversifying is actually best when investing but, however, I don't think trading your bitcoins for ethereum is worth it. Bitcoin is already a big cryptocurrency itself, if you are intending to loose on your investment, trade your bitcoins for ethereum. I have nothing against ethereum but however, I just think that its not worth being traded with bitcoin. What more do you want? Bitcoin is getting recognised from everywhere in the world, it's most valueable than a lot of currencies. Why don't you just HOLD and HOPE?
You have bitcoins in your wallet want to convert it into ETH. My opinion doesn't do it. To compare ETH, the bitcoins has more volume, and it is more popularised all over the world. Who will enter this cryptocurrency world they first invest in bitcoins. I know in future the ETH price also increase, but bitcoins will give you more profit then ETH. Which you will choose it is left to you.
bohr

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:03:41 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2017, 05:35:16 PM by bohr

No, you should never do that, it is too risky.. I only exchanged 50% of my funds to ethereum. I am keeping only 10% in btc, and the other 40% is diversified in different coins that i trust so much.
Ethereum is probably one of the best cryptos that are on the market right now, but you can not convert it all to this one, doesnt matter how good it looks, what is gonna happen to you if ethereum dropps to $100 suddenly?

Your holdings of eth are too low and your holdings of bitcoin too high, even if you like Ethereum better you need to have a good amount of bitcoin after all we never know when it is going to skyrocket again and when that happens all your other investments are going to suffer and are going to go down when compared to bitcoin, and you need bitcoin to counter that tendency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: