Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:33:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get Bitcoin Cash from many wallet/software/services with BTC.com  (Read 2308 times)
neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 02:56:10 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 03:35:01 PM by neutraLTC

How to recover Bitcoin Cash from your other wallets with BTC.com

If you are a BTC.com wallet owner, you most likely don’t have to do anything, since you already have a BCC wallet. If you were using wallets compatible with this tool (such as blockchain.info or mycelium) then you can follow the steps below to recover your BCC into your BTC.com wallet.

Example: Extract BCC from your Blockchain.info wallet

1. Log in or sign up at bcc-wallet.btc.com to access our Bitcoin Cash wallet in your desktop’s browser.

2. Click on “Settings” and then under the Tools section you’ll find a tool to let you “Import external wallets”.

3. Enter your other wallet’s recovery phrase in the pop up window.

For Blockchain.info it is a 12 word recovery phrase on a PDF that you should have received when you were making your account. (If you do not find it, go to Settings → Security in your blokcchain.info wallet and click “Backup Phrase”.)

4. Hit “Next”. The tool will now search for positive balances in your wallet.

5. If you have Bitcoin Cash in your wallet, click “Send” and you are all set! Your Bitcoin Cash will instantly appear in your BTC.com Bitcoin Cash wallet.

Note: This will not affect your Bitcoin balance in your Blockchain.info wallet. However, if you prefer, you can also import your Bitcoin with the above functionality. Simply log in to our Bitcoin wallet at wallet.btc.com and repeat the process.

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 03:35:37 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 03:48:21 PM by neutraLTC

link to blog post: https://blog.btc.com/how-to-recover-your-trapped-bitcoin-cash-from-other-wallets-24b929543f26

btcbb

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 02:40:59 PM

Link to article about BCC recovery and instructions in Russian: https://vc.ru/n/btc-cash-recovery
neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 12:31:41 PM

Coindesk article about BitcoinCash tool:

https://www.coindesk.com/couldnt-claim-your-bitcoin-cash-btc-com-now-has-a-tool-for-that/

neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 02:44:17 PM

Bitcoin Cash wallet now available for Android and iOS users!

neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 04:38:11 PM

this recovery tool now works with the Jaxx Wallet, recover your bitcoin cash right now!

jackyqiubao

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:09:21 PM

If you are a BTC.com wallet owner, you most likely don’t have to do anything, since you already have a BCC wallet. If you were using wallets compatible with this tool (such as blockchain.info or mycelium) then you can follow the steps below to recover your BCC into your BTC.com wallet.

1. Log in or sign up at bcc-wallet.btc.com to access our Bitcoin Cash wallet in your desktop’s browser.

2. Click on “Settings” and then under the Tools section you’ll find a tool to let you “Import external wallets”.

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1200/1*BeU8XVQNymW_AmmajY7sqA.png

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1200/1*uvDo9BQ09YSSISaYafVygg.png

For Blockchain.info it is a 12 word recovery phrase on a PDF that you should have received when you were making your account. (If you do not find it, go to Settings → Security in your blokcchain.info wallet and click “Backup Phrase”.)

5. If you have Bitcoin Cash in your wallet, click “Send” and you are all set! Your Bitcoin Cash will instantly appear in your BTC.com Bitcoin Cash wallet.

Note: This will not affect your Bitcoin balance in your Blockchain.info wallet. However, if you prefer, you can also import your Bitcoin with the above functionality. Simply log in to our Bitcoin wallet at wallet.btc.com and repeat the process.

I had some issue on this approach. I have a bitcoin address in blockchain.info, which has around 1.3 BTC in it before 8/1. I transferred all of BTC in blockchain.info wallet to my local bitcoin core wallet. And claimed bitcoin cash in a new laptop with bitcoin abc wallet with wallet.dat from my bitcoin core wallet. I can only find the bitcoin cash before 8/1. That make sense. And I tried to build a new bitcoin cash wallet to import my blockchain.info wallet addresss (which has around 1.3 btc before 8/1) private key to it, but cannot find any bitcoin cash for this blockchain.info wallet address. I registered a new wallet in btc.com and followed the steps you mentioned to import my blockchain.info wallet private key, but only can find  0.19493230 BCC. Did I do anything wrong?
Thanks!
jackyqiubao

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:19:41 PM

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1200/1*BeU8XVQNymW_AmmajY7sqA.png

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1200/1*uvDo9BQ09YSSISaYafVygg.png

I had some issue on this approach. I have a bitcoin address in blockchain.info, which has around 1.3 BTC in it before 8/1. I transferred all of BTC in blockchain.info wallet to my local bitcoin core wallet. And claimed bitcoin cash in a new laptop with bitcoin abc wallet with wallet.dat from my bitcoin core wallet. I can only find the bitcoin cash before 8/1. That make sense. And I tried to build a new bitcoin cash wallet to import my blockchain.info wallet addresss (which has around 1.3 btc before 8/1) private key to it, but cannot find any bitcoin cash for this blockchain.info wallet address. I registered a new wallet in btc.com and followed the steps you mentioned to import my blockchain.info wallet private key, but only can find  0.19493230 BCC. Did I do anything wrong?
Thanks!
Hi Anyone can help on it? I can find I have 1.31 BCC for this address through bitcoin exploer:
http://blockdozer.com/insight/address/1GdxDLcweTcTvn5yzNHCjMd2a8tWxKzkdt
But only can find  0.19493230 BCC through the tool of BTC.com. Any suggestion on it?
Thanks!
hariettebenson

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:33:15 PM

Much much easier with coinomi desk wallet. BTC https://www.coinomiwallet.org/ BTC if you have your seed or private key.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: