Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:47:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Theymos's list of altcoins with some technical merit  (Read 33254 times)
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:55:29 AM

Interesting read. I hope you add your review of Siacoin and other file storage crypto platforms out there.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:45:19 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2017, 03:28:58 PM by Traxo

interesting post. I am interested in his investigation of byteball. I think byteball has a lot new features that are very useful.

Byteball has the following flaws:

Quote from: Github Gist
  • Centralized consensus:
  • Liveness risk:
  • Unscalable transaction fees:
  • Inadequate validation insecurity:
  • Limited scaling:
  • Not real-time confirmation:

Possibly due to the IOTA devs sharing similar concerns, IOTA's software currently relies on centralized checkpointing.

No. "Checkpointing" is done to protect against 34% attacks which would be conducted by dudes publishing Bible on Bitcoin blockchain. Just wait for IOTA network to become larger.

IOTA can't function without its centralized Coordinator servers.
The excuse that we should prove it won't work without Coordinator is a delaying tactic of the scam.
They have been challenged to disprove that it's not entirely worthless, and refuse/delay to do so.
While they delay awarding ICO tokens, presumably so that insiders can cash out before the pump & dump scam collapses.

Warning: something new will be launched soon that is so far superior that it is going to make both of these highly inferior DAG coins clearly worthless.
               Both in terms of technology clearly stated (and challenges they will not meet) and also verifiable market adoption that will be orders-of-magnitude greater.

SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:24:43 PM

interesting post. I am interested in his investigation of byteball. I think byteball has a lot new features that are very useful.

Byteball has the following flaws:

Quote from: Github Gist
  • Centralized consensus:
  • Liveness risk:
  • Unscalable transaction fees:
  • Inadequate validation insecurity:
  • Limited scaling:
  • Not real-time confirmation:

No. "Checkpointing" is done to protect against 34% attacks which would be conducted by dudes publishing Bible on Bitcoin blockchain. Just wait for IOTA network to become larger.

IOTA can't function without its centralized Coordinator servers.
The excuse that we should prove it won't work without Coordinator is a delaying tactic of the scam.
They have been challenged to disprove that it's not entirely worthless, and refuse/delay to do so.
While they delay awarding ICO tokens, presumably so that insiders can cash out before the pump & dump scam collapses.

Warning: something new will be launched soon that is so far superior that it is going to make both of these highly inferior DAG coins clearly worthless.
               Both in terms of technology clearly stated (and challenges they will not meet) and also verifiable market adoption that will be orders-of-magnitude greater.

I would wait to release a better coin. Otherwise the IOTA people will just steal your ideas and claim as their own, since they have connections to other companies, and massive amount of shills, a new coin would not be able to compete. Your new coin would just solve their problems, while they would reap the rewards. Just wait until it dies, when the partners start looking for new partners.

IOTA is specified so poorly, they can tomorrow release an entirely new coin and their fanbois and money would not care or notice. IOTA is selling an idea, not a product, the buyers think they are buying a slice of "IoT crypto market", see how many times the buyers had to re-"claim" their tokens, and how many were scammed out of their "tokens" by that process.

Can you imagine, "Ugh, we have a new idea and a process to claim the bitcoins you own, so all your bitcoins from before are worthless, but you can email the founders to claim your new bitcoins". People swallow that.
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:30:38 PM

From 0 to 100 you give just 1 to ETH?

That is what we call "being a maximalist" lol. Boy are those people gonna be surprised, funny how most of them still... well, let's not get into that, wrong thread I guess.

I agree the ETH maximalists will be surprised when their rag-tag shitcoin just collapses and stops working entirely
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:52:04 PM

From 0 to 100 you give just 1 to ETH?

That is what we call "being a maximalist" lol. Boy are those people gonna be surprised, funny how most of them still... well, let's not get into that, wrong thread I guess.

I agree the ETH maximalists will be surprised when their rag-tag shitcoin just collapses and stops working entirely
Never gonna happen.
Traxo

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:48:14 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2017, 04:01:48 PM by Traxo

I would wait to release a better coin. Otherwise the IOTA people will just steal your ideas and claim as their own, since they have connections to other companies, and massive amount of shills, a new coin would not be able to compete. Your new coin would just solve their problems, while they would reap the rewards. Just wait until it dies, when the partners start looking for new partners.

I've been told “they” (it's not my project) will open source the clients, apps, but initially not the “full node”, until their adoption lead is insurmountable.
Because presumably every PoS blockchain such as NEO, Qtum, NEM, Lisk, ETH, etc might want to copy the technology,
although it is dubious whether those other blockchains want to give up their oligarchy control by implementing a technology which renders monopolization of 51% the stake irrelevant.
The expectation is the verifiable onboarding will rocket quickly beyond any BS these scams can prove about their adoption.
If successful, the real ecosystem adoption will render their superfluous partnerships (with “iOScum, Doggle, Suckerbook, Microsordid, ThermosTalk, etc.”) irrelevant, since
the intent is to disintermediate all of them including “Redditard, Githobo, and every other centralized walled garden on the Internet”.

Never gonna happen.

Agreed. PoS requires an oligarchy to be able to function.
An oligarchy controlled coin can't fail technologically, unless the oligarchy is somehow destroyed.
Vitalik can continue to rollback the chain every time it is attacked.

Yet this is no guarantee that ETH and PoS oligarchy tokens won't die in the market.

vane91

Activity: 133
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:15:53 PM

I would say that namecoin is nº2 in security after bitcoin and nº1 fighting against censorship. That has to be some merit.

Can't be pumped because of the long release schedule and lack of FIAT>NMC exchanges thought.

It's been consistently the least profitable coin to mine, since the merge mine, however hashrate in the future may surpass btc thanks to stupid bitcoin clones that steal miners from btc.

Insticator

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:01:14 PM

Interesting read. I hope you add your review of Siacoin and other file storage crypto platforms out there.

Yee siacoin and burst can mine thru storage it dpends on how large your hard drive capacity was.

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITAR
Traxo

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:46:45 PM

Dash is technological nonsense and a masternode scam.
It only functions as obfuscated proof-of-stake because it's an oligarchy.

Aki4real

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:19:26 AM

*throws away leftover popcorn*

Looks like Theymos abandoned this thread?
Kfostava

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:05:14 PM

What about Skycoin?
nial

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:51:54 AM

Just heard about it, seems like a really good project
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:15:40 PM

After watching the Golem project, it has a potential to create a multitasking activity specially in rendering. I have also tried rendering and it take hours for a simple render. But I think it would have a problem of trust on how to deliver the goods which are right to its services. Hope the Project will gain more attention specially today which have already going to moon.

2Block

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:21:30 AM

I think Theymos must have overlooked the ZCOIN info. Maybe mistook it for a different coin? I don't think the he intended this to be a "Pump my current holdings" thread, but why list a coin and not research it? The fact that he has been around for a LOT longer than me, I give him the benefit of the doubt. It appears he has taken his discussions to Reddit, so this thread will prob not be updated.
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:46:11 AM

I wonder if the iota points should be changed to -998, since they attempted to make their own hash function, digital signature scheme, and made newbie mistakes in both, or even worse wilfully injected backdoors?
Aki4real

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:12:05 AM

What about Karmo for charity (opakeco.org)?
Or do all crypto projects based on ethereum get the same score
kakusnice

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:03:32 AM

my 2 hidden gems that will have monumental gains in the next 12 months are Bitbay and Blocknet.

Good to see them on the list. I know once you look into them you will see how undervalued they are! especially Bitbay! You will me taken back by how undervalued it is
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:50:11 PM

in more than 5 years Which altcoins will make you a millionare ?
cryptothinker

Activity: 65

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:41:43 PM

[...]
I don't know at this point whether technical merit actually helps the price at all, but it might
[...]
Sometimes I also had my doubts. What happens is that there is a huge number of sh*tcoins out there, with new ones being produced every day... That obfuscates good projects, and slows down innovation in the cryptocurrency space.

But in due time the market will do its job...

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
finpunk

Activity: 98
Merit: 37

Technologies Designed to Liberate the World

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 03:15:51 PM

Very cool you mentioned our project at ZenCash...would be happy to discuss any of the technical details or our business strategy and future plans with anyone anytime.

FYI, i'm one of the co-founders, so obviously biased, but we're doing really cool things that do merit consideration:

-first coin to integrate TLS into the protocol for e2e encryption
-implementing e2e encrypted network called "secure nodes" that we pay part of block rewards
-first zk-SNARK coin to build dedicated private messaging services (integrated into wallet and a stand alone version)
-funding academic R&D to anonymize network propagation (DANDELION++)
-implementing a protocol-level game theoretic treasury model that significantly improves on the Dash version

That's just the start. We have a pipeline of R&D, including a major protocol overhaul, domain fronting, IPFS integration, and major usability improvements and partnerships.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: