Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:15:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragonchain Token Sale  (Read 64333 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Magic_Dragons

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:55:17 PM

Dragon Challenge - Using your Magic 8-Ball or other method answer the following question by choosing A B or C.

When Dragons (DRGN Tokens) hit the open market which one of the following statements will be true?

A. Dragons will flop and end up at .50 which will be about Waltonchain Market Cap.

B. Dragons will rise to $150 and challenge Ethereum.

C. Dragons will fly right past The Moon and make Bitcoin look like Dogecoin.

The correct answer is C.

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:08:18 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you consider A. to be a flop then I will do 20 flops in the pool and smile on each one.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
jumita

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:12:38 AM

Dragon Challenge - Using your Magic 8-Ball or other method answer the following question by choosing A B or C.

When Dragons (DRGN Tokens) hit the open market which one of the following statements will be true?

A. Dragons will flop and end up at .50 which will be about Waltonchain Market Cap.

The correct answer is C.

I choose B :p
super55

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:44:45 AM

I would like to pick B & C.....but it will be hard to compete against Ethereum and Bitcoin when DragonChain is using Ethereum token.
Because as i understand, you still need to use Ethereum to pay for the fee every time you transfers your DragonChain tokens.  Undecided

So basically DragonChain is helping to increasing the Ethereum price higher, because you need to use Ethereum to transfer your DragonChain token Shocked

DragonChain is a big project & with big visions...so it make more sense to used our own coins in the future.
Hope the DragonChain Development Team have a plans to replace our current ERC20 token in the future, in my opinions.

Dopert

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:48:36 AM

The correct answer is C.

A. My insite was very wrong about this project
B. The market admits that ETH is unstaible and unrelaible. Like earlier facts, like trading spikes, gready initiaters behind it, no token limet, etc.
C. Damm i am lucky
Raakkoni

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:38:28 AM

For Magic_Dragons little speculation:

Even the first option A would be really good as an investment, since it would mean about 10x profit. I wouldn't really call that a "flop".

I think options B & C are not very realistic. Btw because the amount of Dragons (433,494,437), their price "only" has to be around $79,3 to pass current ETH market cap ($34,344,039,818). $150 would already be almost double of what ETH is now.

At this point since the public project hasn't really even started I think it's not realistic to expect Dragonchain to suddenly challenge well established and backed coinmarketcaps #2 currency. That being said, if Dragonchain will do really well and DRGN will end up in the top 10 of coinmarketcap, the price needed would be around ~$5 per token. I consider myself extremely lucky if that happens.

Of course I am very willing to be surprised  Cool
szzc895l

Activity: 147

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:47:24 AM

I would like to pick B & C.....but it will be hard to compete against Ethereum and Bitcoin when DragonChain is using Ethereum token.
Because as i understand, you still need to use Ethereum to pay for the fee every time you transfers your DragonChain tokens.  Undecided

So basically DragonChain is helping to increasing the Ethereum price higher, because you need to use Ethereum to transfer your DragonChain token Shocked

DragonChain is a big project & with big visions...so it make more sense to used our own coins in the future.
Hope the DragonChain Development Team have a plans to replace our current ERC20 token in the future, in my opinions.

What I don't think the situation is bad, after all, Ethereum intelligent of the contract to build the token a lot, they all have their own corresponding value, this in the early stages of the project development can provide great convenience, of course, if it have their own independent blockchain will be more good.
jumita

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:15:49 PM

They will.. they just used eth to obtain the invest.
Magic_Dragons

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:12:36 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 05:17:03 PM by Magic_Dragons

For Magic_Dragons little speculation:

Even the first option A would be really good as an investment, since it would mean about 10x profit. I wouldn't really call that a "flop".

I think options B & C are not very realistic. Btw because the amount of Dragons (433,494,437), their price "only" has to be around $79,3 to pass current ETH market cap ($34,344,039,818). $150 would already be almost double of what ETH is now.

At this point since the public project hasn't really even started I think it's not realistic to expect Dragonchain to suddenly challenge well established and backed coinmarketcaps #2 currency. That being said, if Dragonchain will do really well and DRGN will end up in the top 10 of coinmarketcap, the price needed would be around ~$5 per token. I consider myself extremely lucky if that happens.

Of course I am very willing to be surprised  Cool

I think you will be surprised  Smiley  I did my calculations using 238,000,000 (circulating) not 433,000,000 (max supply)

What is the difference between "Circulating Supply", "Total Supply", and "Max Supply"?

Circulating Supply is the best approximation of the number of coins that are circulating in the market and in the general public's hands and is used in calculating Market Cap.

Total Supply is the total amount of coins in existence right now (minus any coins that have been verifiably burned).

Max Supply the best approximation of the maximum amount of coins that will ever exist in the lifetime of the cryptocurrency.

I really see Dragonchain as the Apple of Blockchain Tech, so I think we are all in for a wild ride. I'm not sure if it's worth .05 .50 $1.00 $10.00 or $100, but I remember when Apple was $14.00 and Bitcoin was $1.00 and all of my friends just laughed at both of them. I didn't listen to anyone this time... I went all-in on Dragons!

I do plan on using my Dragons to help fund some of the Dragonchain Incubator Projects. Every project so far looks awesome. I also love the fact that you can be sure anything Dragonchain gets involved with will be 100% legit. No over-hyped b.s. ICO's that are sure to fail like most ICO's on this site.

/===-_---~~~~~~~~~------____
                                                |===-~___                _,-'
                 -==\\                         `//~\\   ~~~~`---.___.-~~
             ______-==|                         | |  \\           _-~`
       __--~~~  ,-/-==\\                        | |   `\        ,'
    _-~       /'    |  \\                      / /      \      /
  .'        /       |   \\                   /' /        \   /'
 /  ____  /         |    \`\.__/-~~ ~ \ _ _/'  /          \/'
/-'~    ~~~~~---__  |     ~-/~         ( )   /'        _--~`
                  \_|      /        _)   ;  ),   __--~~
                    '~~--_/      _-~/-  / \   '-~ \
                   {\__--_/}    / \\_>- )<__\      \
                   /'   (_/  _-~  | |__>--<__|      |
                  |0  0 _/) )-~     | |__>--<__|      |
                  / /~ ,_/       / /__>---<__/      |  
                 o o _//        /-~_>---<__-~      /
                 (^(~          /~_>---<__-      _-~              
                ,/|           /__>--<__/     _-~                
             ,//('(          |__>--<__|     /                  .----_
            ( ( '))          |__>--<__|    |                 /' _---_~\
         `-)) )) (           |__>--<__|    |               /'  /     ~\`\
        ,/,'//( (             \__>--<__\    \            /'  //        ||
      ,( ( ((, ))              ~-__>--<_~-_  ~--____---~' _/'/        /'
    `~/  )` ) ,/|                 ~-_~>--<_/-__       __-~ _/
  ._-~//( )/ )) `                    ~~-'_/_/ /~~~~~~~__--~
   ;'( ')/ ,)(                              ~~~~~~~~~~
  ' ') '( (/
    '   '  `  

Go Dragons Go!!!

plen

Activity: 121
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:14:44 PM

Dragonchain Twitter posted this link to a CNN article had a mention of them.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/20/investing/bitcoin-prices/index.html

Holmes added that more startup companies are also looking to raise money through so-called initial coin offerings - the sale of digital currencies to investors instead of stock. That should lead to a further rise in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

Dragonchain, a crytpocurrency startup originally backed by Disney (DIS), has held an ICO. Filecoin, a cloud storage company, raised more than $250 million earlier this year from an ICO -- the biggest ever.

High volume trader? Get up to $500 matched deposit at the Beaxy Exchange! | Canadians get $10 free when you deposit and buy $100 worth of cryptocurrency at Netcoins!
AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:14:56 AM

They will.. they just used eth to obtain the invest.

Is that confirmed?  And how would such a swap even work since the Dragon tokens are on ETH wallets and the future Dragon coins would be on it's own blockchain with it's own wallet?
Raakkoni

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:48:36 PM

Is that confirmed?  And how would such a swap even work since the Dragon tokens are on ETH wallets and the future Dragon coins would be on it's own blockchain with it's own wallet?

I think so far the best answer for this topic can be found from page 8 of this thread from DragCommDavey (Who seems to be a member of Dragonchain team)

We are planning to provide a peg to ETH much like we do now to BTC - to provide security in L5 of the consensus process.
We will be running Ethereum nodes in order to accept and transfer Dragons as well.
There will be technical details to work out on how to handle node to node vs human UI interaction, but for the time being, Dragons will live on the Ethereum chain and be used from there.

We could consider a swap later, but that's not a concern right now.
moonshot77

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:59:27 PM

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but this seems crazy to me. When Dragonchain launches, what value will Dragons running on Ethereum have? I'm not sure what providing a peg to ETH means. If the value of the technology is on Dragon's own blockchain, and if using the ERC20 version requires extra effort, then demand is going to move toward Dragonchain. How can the developers maintain a peg if demand for the ERC20 token is falling? And why would I buy an ERC20 Dragon now if there's the possibility that at some point in the future Dragonchain launches and my ERC20 Dragon becomes obsolete and/or less valuable?

Again, maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if that's the case can someone set me straight?
Magic_Dragons

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:46:17 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 07:02:03 PM by Magic_Dragons

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but this seems crazy to me. When Dragonchain launches, what value will Dragons running on Ethereum have? I'm not sure what providing a peg to ETH means. If the value of the technology is on Dragon's own blockchain, and if using the ERC20 version requires extra effort, then demand is going to move toward Dragonchain. How can the developers maintain a peg if demand for the ERC20 token is falling? And why would I buy an ERC20 Dragon now if there's the possibility that at some point in the future Dragonchain launches and my ERC20 Dragon becomes obsolete and/or less valuable?

Again, maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if that's the case can someone set me straight?

Dragons are not a currency like Bitcoin, they are Tokens to access The Dragonchain Platform / Ecosystem. It doesn't matter that they are ERC20 Tokens and the price is not pegged to anything other than market demand. I saw the post were the Mod for this thread said something like that, like it was pegged to ETH or something. He didn't mean price, so I don't get what he meant by that.

It's pretty complicated at first, but there are some great videos on YouTube that explain everything.

Basically, anyone that wants to use the Dragonchain Platform will have to buy Dragon (DRGN) Tokens to do so. Let's say you want to use one of their Smart Contracts... you can't pay in Bitcoin, you can only pay with Dragons.

The more people who want to use Dragonchain, the higher the DRGN price should go. The real important thing is something Joe Roets said in one of the videos... NOBODY will be able to pay with ANYTHING other than DRAGONS.

Sure, you could walk into Dragonchain HQ with a shopping cart full of cash and they will accept it. But before they will do any work for you or let you invest in one of their projects, the cash will be converted to Dragons at a price that is ABOVE market price.

Dragons really are magical, you can do all kinds of cool things with them. After a day or two of reading and watching videos everyone should be able to understand what Dragons are. You will see that Dragons will actually be quite valuable to a lot of different people for a lot of different reasons.

I'm personally interested in what ideas Dragonchain has hidden in their Magic Vault. I really get the feeling once this whole thing gets rolling, Dragonchain will start announcing things and everyone will be freaking out. Like, Holy Cow... that's what these guys are up to! There are sooooooooooooo many smart people involved with Dragonchain, I'm sure what we are seeing now is just the tip of the iceberg.

Go Dragons Go!!!

zlerp

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:33:53 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you consider A. to be a flop then I will do 20 flops in the pool and smile on each one.

you good sir are a logical one... I like your head haha.

I obviously want to hit Pluto (it's a planet, ask Jerry) but with a current ICO eval of $0.08 per DRGN, I would be completely ok if it opened at A haha!

I see a lot of potential with this project, probably one of my favorite ICOs to date. kinda want to Fast Forward a year and see where were at...

See you in a year!
ponampanday

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:50:35 PM

I have invested in dragonchain as like all of you. I have trust team will bring some good news soon
Magic_Dragons

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:26:32 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 11:38:50 PM by Magic_Dragons

I was just thinking of how to explain Dragon Tokens to someone just finding this thread and I think I found it.

Imagine going to a Carnival, but instead of a Carnival where you spend money, it's a Carnival where you make money.

You walk up to the ticket window, hand the cashier $20 and you receive 20 Tokens. Now, are the Tokens worthless? No they are not. They allow you to get on the rides you want and to buy food and drinks. In the case of Dragonchain, Dragon Tokens let you access their platform.

Now imagine... you walk up to the window and all the tickets are sold-out. That's where we are now. Are the tokens only worth $20? Remember, at The Dragonchain Carnival, we make money off of the tokens not just spend them. What if I can make $60 inside the Carnival with my $20 in Dragons? Am I going to sell them for $21? No way.

As people start to hear about this Magic Dragonchain Carnival and all rush to the ticket booth, what happens? Sure, some people sell them for $21, but most people know that is a foolish thing to do. You HOLD your Dragons until the value you get for selling them in the market is greater than using them inside The Dragonchain Carnival.

Another thing to remember about The Dragonchain Carnival, the value of a Dragon can be $1 or $100.00, it DOES NOT MATTER!

If a smart contact inside The Dragonchain Carnival is $100. It doesn't matter to someone on the outside if it works out to be 100 Dragons or 1 Dragon. It's still $100 to them either way.

To the people who buy Dragons early, it's a great deal. They can basically get all their work done for free just from the profit on Dragons. If you are holding them to sell, the sky is the limit. It only depends on the price the other investors are willing to sell for. I say if you want to sell them for 10 cents, be my guest. Dragons ARE NOT Dogecoins.

Sure, when Dragonchain starts releasing more tokens the price could move down. But if everyone is on the same page there would be no reason for it to go down.

Also, as they keep introducing new ideas and projects, the value of a Dragon can only go one way... UP!

Dragons are very valuable if you think about it... you can sell 'em if you wish, but don't come crying to me when people start to realize the Power of Dragons!!!

Go Dragons Go!!!

moonshot77

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:37:07 AM

Dragons are not a currency like Bitcoin, they are Tokens to access The Dragonchain Platform / Ecosystem. It doesn't matter that they are ERC20 Tokens and the price is not pegged to anything other than market demand. I saw the post were the Mod for this thread said something like that, like it was pegged to ETH or something. He didn't mean price, so I don't get what he meant by that.

It's pretty complicated at first, but there are some great videos on YouTube that explain everything.

Basically, anyone that wants to use the Dragonchain Platform will have to buy Dragon (DRGN) Tokens to do so. Let's say you want to use one of their Smart Contracts... you can't pay in Bitcoin, you can only pay with Dragons.

The more people who want to use Dragonchain, the higher the DRGN price should go. The real important thing is something Joe Roets said in one of the videos... NOBODY will be able to pay with ANYTHING other than DRAGONS.

Sure, you could walk into Dragonchain HQ with a shopping cart full of cash and they will accept it. But before they will do any work for you or let you invest in one of their projects, the cash will be converted to Dragons at a price that is ABOVE market price.

Dragons really are magical, you can do all kinds of cool things with them. After a day or two of reading and watching videos everyone should be able to understand what Dragons are. You will see that Dragons will actually be quite valuable to a lot of different people for a lot of different reasons.

I'm personally interested in what ideas Dragonchain has hidden in their Magic Vault. I really get the feeling once this whole thing gets rolling, Dragonchain will start announcing things and everyone will be freaking out. Like, Holy Cow... that's what these guys are up to! There are sooooooooooooo many smart people involved with Dragonchain, I'm sure what we are seeing now is just the tip of the iceberg.

Go Dragons Go!!!

Thanks very much for your thoughtful reply. Do I understand correctly, then, that the DRGN token will be the only method of payment in the future? In other words, when the Dragonchain platform launches, there won't be another coin or token on that platform that can be used to pay for services on it, at launch or any point in the future, correct?
Magic_Dragons

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:14:40 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2017, 01:28:54 AM by Magic_Dragons

Joe Roets did say that Dragons are the only way to access The Dragonchain Platform / Ecosystem.

As far as the future, that I can't say...

Joe does seem like someone that if you were to loan him $20 he'd give you $40 back, so I'm not worried  Smiley

You can watch the video here on YouTube 112 Webinar QA w Joe Roets and Eileen... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8T_y7IntE
ilsshort

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:47:57 PM

Is there approximate figure on profiits since founding?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: