Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:54:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Not Declaring Bitcoin Income  (Read 7459 times)
anselchild

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:34:10 AM

Once your revenue department found out that you are not declaring your income from your bitcoin then they might go after you for that. It should be included on your tax return.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jazz21

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:57:46 AM

Unless you convert your Bitcoin into fiat and transfer it to your bank. Government isn't involved at all. You are taxed on the gain you made that are calculated through fiat amount. Nobody is interested in your Bitcoin movement over the internet.
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:02:24 AM

Once your revenue department found out that you are not declaring your income from your bitcoin then they might go after you for that. It should be included on your tax return.

Possibly. Because you can't hide much if your government is already concerned about it and has given you permission to use it without any regulations, and if they find out you are earning it but not paying any tax or something for it, they will surely come for you and you might have to pay a penalty for doing that. In my country, the government has not yet known about bitcoin and that is why there is no tension like that for us right now. We may face this situation in future when the government will start noticing the spread of bitcoin in the country.
eCrypto

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:39:16 PM

Exchange are taking fee from bitcoin
Miles123

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:27:25 PM

Bitcoin can be your source of income in your daily life. Bitcoin has a big value that sustain your everyday needs. Bitcoin can really help us in our financial needs. Here in my country you should pay a fee of getting the money at the store, but there is no paying of tax here because Bitcoin is not known here.
bitcoinvamp

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:04:57 PM

Here in my country which is now an upcoming tiger economy (though we are still classified as a third-world country), we are free to participate in Bitcoin both buying and selling as the government is treating Bitcoin just like any other foreiign money.

However, I am sure that only a very, very small fraction of us are declaring our Bitcoin income. It seems to me that the government is not that interested to get strict with individuals as long as they can tax the Bitcoin exchange provider for the service rendered.

I am then wondering the situation with other countries. Can your government really be able to track if you never declared gains made from Bitcoin transactions?

There is no certain way to track the bitcoins you own unless you register in the country's specific bitcoin based wallet and give them your bank details for
transferring the bitcoins into country's money and saving it in the bank account.
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:15:02 PM

Here in my country we have a wallet that have permit in the government but i think we dont have tax if the topic or related in bitcoin transaction because i dont pay tax,i think they authorizing bitcoin here as a business so the owner of the wallet have tax but the user of the wallet dont have tax

kkent

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:19:21 PM

Not declaring bitcoin income
It is a virtual currency created by a person and put on the floor
It helps us earn money but does not mean to be declared Undecided Undecided Undecided

Legally speaking you absolutely have to declare Bitcoin income. Income is income, and most countries technically would require you to declare drug dealing income as well.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:09:02 AM

IMO investing bitcoin just same as investing on gold so,
Have you declare gold income ?

I don't think so !

Since bitcoin have another advantage that can be work like fiat doesn't mean it can be act like fiat's rule / policy
wjchong

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 03:15:27 AM

Bitcoin is new, it will take time for all the countries to make some strict rules for all countries especially for any third-word country.

BTC BTC MY SAFE HOUSE :- A home that can protect your wealth and life of your families during disaster. BTC
BigTeeths

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:23:50 AM

As long as they are not going to sue me if I did not do that then I won't. There are still only a few people knows about crypto and bitcoin and I'm also not worried because my government take many years before they make an action.
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:31:15 AM

Here in my country which is now an upcoming tiger economy (though we are still classified as a third-world country), we are free to participate in Bitcoin both buying and selling as the government is treating Bitcoin just like any other foreiign money.

However, I am sure that only a very, very small fraction of us are declaring our Bitcoin income. It seems to me that the government is not that interested to get strict with individuals as long as they can tax the Bitcoin exchange provider for the service rendered.

I am then wondering the situation with other countries. Can your government really be able to track if you never declared gains made from Bitcoin transactions?
I have already heard some rumors that my country would have the plan on regulating bitcoin and this would really be a bad thing for me since I'm a tax evader and I don't like to pay up taxes related on my bitcoin earnings knowing that government do impose 12% tax and that's too much. Imagine you do have 1 btc and they will get 0.12 on that one which is too much.
Manyara

Activity: 92

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 10:38:45 AM

There is no law on BTC taxation here and I am not aware of the plans that the government has on this. It just depends on an individual. If you want to declare your source of wealth and pay taxes for your income, then you can. What will people in regions where Bitcoin has been banned do? Will they pay tax for income gotten from trading BTC? No they will not.

For all the latest Cryptocurrency and blockchain news visit www.coinweez.com Join coinweez telegram community https://t.me/joinchat/E4QgYhDAXeum7azNK8JRuw Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/coinweez Like the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/coinweezofficial/
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:40:10 AM

I have already heard some rumors that my country would have the plan on regulating bitcoin and this would really be a bad thing for me since I'm a tax evader and I don't like to pay up taxes related on my bitcoin earnings knowing that government do impose 12% tax and that's too much. Imagine you do have 1 btc and they will get 0.12 on that one which is too much.
How did they imposed taxed in not physical money what is their basis?
How they do tracked the transactions of every bitcoin earners?
They consider how many people are using bitcoin? What blockchain they used to collect taxed from all bitcoin earners?
I do not think government can make a law in digital currency no one can regulates bitcoin, government only support bitcoin and they cant earn money for the people who earn bitcoin even it is fully adopted by their government.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Habakkuk77

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:27:18 AM

We cannot deny that governments has also knowledge and idea about bitcoin. There some agencies under the government who is responsible for tracing any illegal transactions online such as FBI.
However, they could not impose tax or declare bitcoin income unless they will have control and manage on bitcoin.

[
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:32:57 AM

12% tax is extremely low, a country can't work well with so low taxation. In my country it would be taxed as income, so if I were to sell let's say 10 BTC, I would get taxed at 40 or 45%.
IAMYOURLEADER

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:40:29 AM

As far as I know, my fellow citizens here in my country are free to earn, buy and sell bitcoin and not declaring our  income will not charge us any case by our government.
BlasterS

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:17:16 PM

It is not true that bitcoin will not declare or consider as alternative source of income. To be honest bitcoin provide options on how to earn income in most convenient and easiet way. 
They make the life of everyone more easier than before so you must consider to invest with it.  Bitcoin will make your life more suceesful in future.
Abubakaradam

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:43:29 PM

It is not true that bitcoin will not declare or consider as alternative source of income. To be honest bitcoin provide options on how to earn income in most convenient and easiet way. 
They make the life of everyone more easier than before so you must consider to invest with it.  Bitcoin will make your life more suceesful in future.

That's right bitcoin makes it easy for us to work and have income so the best option is beinvestment in bitcoin.
Pusarbumi

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:22:24 PM

Bitcoin has made it easier for people to earn money in other countries and bring it to their own country. is not that a good thing as a cooperation between countries.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: