Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:59:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BurstIQ (BIQ)💚 💢 💚 ▐ A Marketplace for Health Data & Services▐ 💚 💢 💚  (Read 22239 times)
brian.jackson

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:24:05 PM

Check out our mention on Politico

http://www.politico.com/tipsheets/morning-ehealth/2017/09/19/va-may-be-ibm-watsons-last-big-hope-222356

THE LATEST HOT FAD TO COME TO HEALTH CARE IT: So a new trend is hitting health care, and we regret to inform you it involves buzzwords. (In this case, “blockchain” and “initial coin offerings.”) An “initial coin offering” is similar to an initial public offering, as the name suggests. However, unlike an IPO — where companies take money in exchange for equity — there’s a twist. In an initial coin offering, the company still takes money — but exchanges services instead. Think of it as a presale. We count now two companies (LitraCoin and BurstIQ) exploring the idea in connection to health IT — specifically EHRs.

BurstIQ Token Sale Page
https://biq.burstiq.com
BurstIQ (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

http://www.burstiq.com

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 08:57:37 PM

BIQ Token Public Pre Sales are officially open!

Visit us at https://biq.burstiq.com

brian.jackson

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:04:19 PM

BurstIQ in another national publication!

How 3 Local Tech Gurus Are Solving National Health Problems

http://www.5280.com/2017/05/3-local-tech-gurus-solving-national-health-problems/
toyo87

Activity: 738

Follow on Twitter @realToyoTheo

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:58:09 PM

What is the time frame of the ICO?

🧬⛓Blockchain ENTHUSIAST and EVANGELIST🎊. Crypto Investor💻, Miner🧰, Trader👨‍💻. Project Ambassadors👨‍💼, Community Manager👥, Blogger🥳 & MORE.
brian.jackson

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:14:48 PM

What is the time frame of the ICO?
Pre Sales are this week till the 26th and then the actual crowdfund starts next Tuesday.
brian.jackson

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:07:22 PM

Day 2 of Pre Sales are active.  There are just under 600M of the original 700M available.  Really excited and amazed on how many people are interested in the BIQ token.

Thanks everyone
brian.jackson

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:26:42 AM

Another great pre sales day.  Thanks again everyone.   Grin
brian.jackson

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:27:24 PM

Day 3 of Pre Sales.  Really excited on the sale is going so far.
BurstIQcorpdev

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:36:54 PM

Good going guys! Looking forward to the public sale.

What is BurstIQ’s long term roadmap and vision?

Will you guys expand the platform to other fields than health, and if yes which other industries you see BurstIQ could make a difference in as well as get traction?

Hi coin@coin! Thanks for your question. We have a pretty simple vision: we want to make the world a healthier place. And we believe that if people can access their own data, understand it, and use it make their own little part of the world a healthier place, that we’ll eventually make the whole world a healthier place.

In terms of our roadmap, our first priority is to grow the ecosystem – bigtime. We’ve been heads-down in development mode for the last two years, and during that time, we partnered with a number of large business customers to validate the platform and make sure the core capabilities were sound. Now that the platform is operational, we’re ready to grow. Our next big development milestone is to add the consumer interface, so that people can start going onto the platform and controlling their own data. That's why we're doing this BiQ token sale. The BiQ token will be the currency for all transactions on the BiQ Ecosystem, from data queries to buying products and services to donating data for research. By offering BiQ tokens now at a discount, we can start building a community of early adopters for when the BiQ Ecosystem launches in early 2018.

Regarding other industries, the short answer is yes. The BurstIQ platform can manage any kind of data, not just what we typically think of as health data. Over time, we expect to expand the scope of the platform to include water, finance, energy, community, education, and even some verticals that have yet to exist. We're starting with health because we feel the need is the greatest in this industry, but we are already talking with players in other industries about possible partnerships.
namorthesu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:56:20 AM

BurstIQ allows you to work with large data sets, which is of particular value to the insurance industry and research in the field of medicine.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:00:23 PM

Hi everybody!

Very interesting platform - got my attention because of the S&C-article btw:
https://www.smithandcrown.com/sale/burstiq-tokensale-blockchain-hosted-medical-record-storage-health-marketplace/

I have a couple of questions:

Blockchain:

How I understand it so far there won't be inflation of the token, right?  

What will be the incentive to secure the underlying Blockchain/Burstchain?

Will it be a truly decentralized system or more like a private Blockchain?  

Will the project, at least the Blockchain, be Open Source?

Business-model:

I understand the basics of the economical system of the platform, and I like it - but what is the business model of the company behind?

Regarding the Token Sale:

Is there any source to keep track of the sale, about how much already was sold etc.?

Is there a minimum cap?

What would happen with unsold tokens in case the crowdsale would not be sold out?

Would be great to get answers on my question. I really like the idea and I have not much doubt about the expertise of the team. What I'm a bit critical about is the lack of deeper infos. The legal documents seem to be longer than the whitepaper - obviously you have very good lawyers! ;-)  

Best regards,
tempus

minaruja

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:34:17 PM

Day 2 of Pre Sales are active.  There are just under 600M of the original 700M available.  Really excited and amazed on how many people are interested in the BIQ token.

Can you back up this claim? The BiQCrowdsale address on Etherscan only appears to have received ~36 ETH.
brian.jackson

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 05:38:06 PM

Can you back up this claim? The BiQCrowdsale address on Etherscan only appears to have received ~36 ETH.

We have retained Cooley as our legal team throughout this process.  Because of some the legal concerns during pre sales, the majority of the pre sales have been done through a SAFT agreement.  These agreements and contracts are not a normal crowdsale Ethereum smart contract sale.  We started the sale with 700M tokens and have removed around a 100M tokens from the public crowdsale for the SAFT agreements.  So you are correct that these sales will not show up in the public Ethereum contract address.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:39:23 AM

Hi everybody!

https://www.smithandcrown.com/sale/burstiq-tokensale-blockchain-hosted-medical-record-storage-health-marketplace/

Blockchain:

Business-model:

I understand the basics of the economical system of the platform, and I like it - but what is the business model of the company behind?

Is there any source to keep track of the sale, about how much already was sold etc.?

Is there a minimum cap?

What would happen with unsold tokens in case the crowdsale would not be sold out?

Would be great to get answers on my question. I really like the idea and I have not much doubt about the expertise of the team. What I'm a bit critical about is the lack of deeper infos. The legal documents seem to be longer than the whitepaper - obviously you have very good lawyers! ;-)  

Best regards,
tempus

Usually, when it's hard to get answers on questions within 2 days, there are 3 possible scenarios:

1) A team doesn't have enough time.
2) A team doesn't believe it's necessary.
3) A team believes answering on certain questions would do more harm than good

I believe you'll understand that it's not possible for me to buy into the pre-sale and/or crowdfunding without having answers on those questions. In case those answers were already given somewhere, links to those sources would also be fine.
brian.jackson

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:11:36 PM

Usually, when it's hard to get answers on questions within 2 days, there are 3 possible scenarios:

I believe you'll understand that it's not possible for me to buy into the pre-sale and/or crowdfunding without having answers on those questions. In case those answers were already given somewhere, links to those sources would also be fine.

Or 4, our team has been traveling down to Nashville for a Healthcare Blockchain summit.  Sorry for the delayed response, will get to your answers here shortly.  We absolutely believe answering all questions is important.

Our CEO, is one of the speakers at this summit.  DISTRIBUTED: HEALTH 2017

https://health.distributed.com/
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:46:31 PM

Or 4, our team has been traveling down to Nashville for a Healthcare Blockchain summit.  Sorry for the delayed response, will get to your answers here shortly.  We absolutely believe answering all questions is important.

Our CEO, is one of the speakers at this summit.  DISTRIBUTED: HEALTH 2017

https://health.distributed.com/

Okay, thank you!

P.S.: I consider 4 as 1, but with given reason - additional thank you for that Smiley
BurstIQcorpdev

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:25:24 PM

Hi everybody!

Blockchain:

Business-model:

Is there a minimum cap?

Best regards,
tempus

Hi tempus,
I apologize for the delay. As Brian noted, we are in Nashville for the Distributed Health conference. I'll try to answer your questions one by one:

Blockchain:

The token’s valuation is based on supply-and-demand as generated on the Platform and exchanges.  There will be no artificial inflation of the token itself by BurstIQ.    

The incentive for securing the Platform is dictated in the permission blockchain arena by legal and ethical enforcement.  If you a a more specific question we will try to answer.

Currently the platform is a permissioned blockchain (private distribution).  As the platform evolves and the other encryption techniques are productionalized (see white paper), the plan is to allow for non-permissioned (public distribution) of the Burstchain.  

Currently, the source code is not open source.  However, we are evaluating some options around open sourcing parts of the Platform.

Business-model:

Our business model has two primary revenue sources for the company: BurstIQ takes a small percentage on all BiQ transactions on the platform, and we have strategic partnerships (co-development, marketing and/or distribution) with revenue sharing or royalty provisions.  In terms of our roadmap, our first priority is to grow the ecosystem – bigtime. We’ve been heads-down in development mode for the last two years, and during that time, we partnered with a number of large business customers to validate the platform and make sure the core capabilities were sound. Now that the platform is operational, we’re ready to grow. Our next big development milestone is to add the consumer interface, so that people can start going onto the platform and controlling their own data. That's why we're doing this BiQ token sale. The BiQ token will be the currency for all transactions on the BiQ Ecosystem, from data queries to buying products and services to donating data for research. By offering BiQ tokens now at a discount, we can start building a community of early adopters for when the BiQ Ecosystem launches in early 2018.

For the public crowdsale, yes we plan to have a tracking system of tokens sold and goals obtained.  We have not released info about our pre sales at this time.

Is there a minimum cap?
We did not set a minimum cap.

The unsold tokens would be placed back into the BurstIQ pool for a possible use at a later date.

As for the legal, yes we have retained Cooley for our legal team and I would agree they are very long, but we are following the advice or our legal team.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
BurstIQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 05:06:27 PM

BurstIQ is currently at DISTRIBUTED: HEALTH 2017 in Nashville

We are one of the sponsors at the event as well as our CEO is one of the speakers.

Please take a look at https://health.distributed.com/

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:19:27 PM

Hi tempus,
I apologize for the delay. As Brian noted, we are in Nashville for the Distributed Health conference. I'll try to answer your questions one by one:

Blockchain:

The token’s valuation is based on supply-and-demand as generated on the Platform and exchanges.  There will be no artificial inflation of the token itself by BurstIQ.    

The incentive for securing the Platform is dictated in the permission blockchain arena by legal and ethical enforcement.  If you a a more specific question we will try to answer.

Currently the platform is a permissioned blockchain (private distribution).  As the platform evolves and the other encryption techniques are productionalized (see white paper), the plan is to allow for non-permissioned (public distribution) of the Burstchain.  

Currently, the source code is not open source.  However, we are evaluating some options around open sourcing parts of the Platform.

Business-model:

Our business model has two primary revenue sources for the company: BurstIQ takes a small percentage on all BiQ transactions on the platform, and we have strategic partnerships (co-development, marketing and/or distribution) with revenue sharing or royalty provisions.  In terms of our roadmap, our first priority is to grow the ecosystem – bigtime. We’ve been heads-down in development mode for the last two years, and during that time, we partnered with a number of large business customers to validate the platform and make sure the core capabilities were sound. Now that the platform is operational, we’re ready to grow. Our next big development milestone is to add the consumer interface, so that people can start going onto the platform and controlling their own data. That's why we're doing this BiQ token sale. The BiQ token will be the currency for all transactions on the BiQ Ecosystem, from data queries to buying products and services to donating data for research. By offering BiQ tokens now at a discount, we can start building a community of early adopters for when the BiQ Ecosystem launches in early 2018.

For the public crowdsale, yes we plan to have a tracking system of tokens sold and goals obtained.  We have not released info about our pre sales at this time.

Is there a minimum cap?
We did not set a minimum cap.

The unsold tokens would be placed back into the BurstIQ pool for a possible use at a later date.

As for the legal, yes we have retained Cooley for our legal team and I would agree they are very long, but we are following the advice or our legal team.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Many thanks for the reply and no need to apologize. Very understandable that there is a lack of time if you guys are on a conference.

To clarify my question regarding "incentive to secure the blockchain" - it's meant economically. The Bitcoin-protocol pays BTC to the miners. Other blockchains have similar designs. I understand that it will not start as a decentralized system, so it's not a topic for now. But since you say that it's a goal to decentralize the system and that there will be no inflation of that kind, I don't understand how to pay those who would run and secure a decentralized blockchain.  

Why I asked those questions in general is because: This project could very well turn out as a pearl between all the crap that is hyped up in this space. It doesn't get much attention until now, what is not a contra for me personally. Usually I try to find projects I believe to see longterm potential in, while being under the radar of a majority.

But, my concern is: You say that there is no minimum-cap, what would mean in worst case that you might get much less than anticipated and needed. Let's say, as extreme scenario: Only $3 millions. That would be a limitation of possibilities. You also say that the crowdfunding won't be a decision about the total supply - all what won't be sold will go back to the company. The total supply multiplied with ICO-price is not cheap. I don't even say it's not justified - hard to ever make such estimations and your project is obviously farer developed than a lot of others that only start as concepts. But it's at least a consideration that you'll need additional crowdfunding rounds or maybe to sell on an exchange once/if your token gets listed. Result would be pressure on the price.

While I like a lot about this project, that is something that makes it a bit unpredictable.

Is there any Plan B in case that you don't reach something like a minimum goal and how to proceed in such a case? I'm sure that you know pretty well what you need for certain scenarios from "at least" to "best case".

Btw, what I said about the legal documents wasn't meant critical. Actually I see that as a sign of professionalism, even if scary ;-)
BurstIQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 07:24:25 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2017, 08:47:39 PM by BurstIQ

Good day everyone!

EQUITIES: "BurstIQ believes that people should own their data and should be the ones to decide who sees it, how much and when they see it and what they're entitled to do with it. The company calls this the Health Singularity and its technology platform was built explicitly to leverage blockchain to become the primary marketplace that powers this."

Checkout the rest of the article here, and don't forget to join our crowdsale!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: