Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:14:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: next bitcoin fork in Nov?  (Read 4735 times)
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:00:40 PM

Im part of a local group and the most of them are scared, because even without we being able to see there is a war under bitcoins, miners are trying to force others to follow, and people does believe we will have another fork and those one will be deeply and more powerful, and might split followers and supporters, that scared me a bit since bitcoin for me its unique and works because we all wanna and use it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yuettse

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:21:43 PM

Forking is same as printing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 09:30:39 PM

At first sight it looks like.

Guess there is initial additional fight value, but this is lost by split and losing reputation before or after the split.

I'd say with a better governance and consensus process bitcoin would be way higher as a combined fork price yet.

Reputation and growth are price driver at first place for a coin that wants to be store of value no1.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:25:47 PM

Is there any possibility of a consensus decision?
Irdina

Activity: 502
Merit: 100

TheFutbolCoin

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:41:58 PM

The fork that will happen in november will not affect the bitcoin price, the first fork in August did affect the bitcoin price, but that's because of a negative issue, so many people panic, and sell its bitcoin, panic sell that keeps the bitcoin price down.

Just because the previous chain split didn't seem to have any negative consequences, doesn't automatically mean we'll be walking out unharmed once again. Bitcoin Cash has only the support of a few malicious miners, while the 2MB hard fork is something the majority of the miners have agreed on - that's a clear and important difference. In other words, things will get far more serious this time. It's funny how people were getting more and more nervous as the 1st of August date was approaching, but now don't seem to see the importance of this November event. Roll Eyes
that is what we are expecting that in next fork again there will be no such effect on bitcoin and its community, I think that people will give no preyority to fork, but they will continue trading bitcoin  hopefully that even in November the price of bitcoin will continue increasing for a long long time.
Yes I agree, at this time many people are not afraid to face the novel fork in november, not like before the crowd panicked, and I also think bitcoin will get better and the price goes up

▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀          T h e F u t b o l C o i n     [    App Store    ] [   Google Play   ]          ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀        WHITEPAPER    |    TEAM    |    TWITTER    |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK        ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
marky89

Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:15:02 PM

The fork that will happen in november will not affect the bitcoin price, the first fork in August did affect the bitcoin price, but that's because of a negative issue, so many people panic, and sell its bitcoin, panic sell that keeps the bitcoin price down.

Just because the previous chain split didn't seem to have any negative consequences, doesn't automatically mean we'll be walking out unharmed once again. Bitcoin Cash has only the support of a few malicious miners, while the 2MB hard fork is something the majority of the miners have agreed on - that's a clear and important difference. In other words, things will get far more serious this time. It's funny how people were getting more and more nervous as the 1st of August date was approaching, but now don't seem to see the importance of this November event. Roll Eyes

Like past fork threats and FUD, it's impossible to tell what will happen. It does seem that the November fork is more of a threat to BTC than the BCH fork. But Core's firm stance against Segwit2x, and some backtracking from Bitfury and Bitgo have me wondering if maybe the hard fork will be delayed, if not entirely abandoned.

Then again, if the Bitcoin Cash drama taught us anything, it's that forkers would be wise to launch their fork and attempt to succeed on the open market, rather than trying to win an all-or-nothing battle of public opinion before the fact (like XT or BU). If you have significant money to initially prop up the markets and market the coin, it has a much better chance of succeeding than bitching on social media for two years with some miner signalling.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Nevis

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:19:36 PM

No there will be no fork, it is settled

Are you sure about that? Where is your source?

Last I heard they were still discussing a possible fork. At this point given how much the price is increasing it seems like it would not hurt the markets, at least. I guess we shall wait and see.
Some people are talking about another possible fork but not in this year or so,yeah its possible to have another fork but they will not do it since it was already settled lately like what he said.So next fork will happen in maybe ayear or so
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:31:39 PM

It seems to me that investors are no longer afraid of the news that the fork will soon be there. We have already experienced this.
It seems to me that in November bitcoin will become even stronger. Or maybe we'll see another coin that will separate from the bitcoin chain

In markets, you know what they say about the crowd, right? They're usually wrong. Everyone was worried about the August fork. It was pretty much a non-event (although we may see a longer term effect from BCH pulling investors and future investors away from BTC, just as we've seen with altcoins).

Here, the crowd now seems to expect a non-event, or even a boon for BTC, since the August fork coincided with a price rise. Maybe it's prudent to expect that the opposite might happen. A contrarian trader would be ready for this scenario. Tongue
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:17:40 AM

The November fork is backed by the vast majority of miners, and many major services (Coinbase, Bitgo, etc). It has way more support than BCH, and more users probably support it, too.

Its not fork though, most Bitcoin economy agreed to change Bitcoin consensus rules from 1MB to 2MB, so it is planned Bitcoin update. Whether the old 1MB chain going to be even functional is a question, if yes, there might be new altcoin then.

Did "most of the Bitcoin economy" really agree? Show the list of exchanges. How do you know that we won't see a split, with exchanges offering customers a choice between the two forks? How do you know what users really support?

It's not a planned update. The economy has never been based around the "btc1" development team; it's based around Core. Most of the economy runs Core. Core never agreed to Segwit2x and they actively oppose it.

If, say, 99% of miners mine the Segwit2x chain, then the legacy chain might need to be hard forked. Then yeah, we'll have multiple new altcoins.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:27:51 AM

Like past fork threats and FUD, it's impossible to tell what will happen. It does seem that the November fork is more of a threat to BTC than the BCH fork. But Core's firm stance against Segwit2x, and some backtracking from Bitfury and Bitgo have me wondering if maybe the hard fork will be delayed, if not entirely abandoned.
That's what I am actually hoping for, but we simply can't discard the fact that the major share of the hash power is coming from malicious miners that aren't thinking about how they can prevent Bitcoin from suffering any sort of damage, but just want to see themselves move forward, financially speaking. Segwit itself makes their 2MB hard fork obsolete since the transaction size in general will shrink significantly, and thus allow more transactions to be processed, and that without actually needing to go beyond current 1MB cap.

Then again, if the Bitcoin Cash drama taught us anything, it's that forkers would be wise to launch their fork and attempt to succeed on the open market, rather than trying to win an all-or-nothing battle of public opinion before the fact (like XT or BU). If you have significant money to initially prop up the markets and market the coin, it has a much better chance of succeeding than bitching on social media for two years with some miner signalling.
That's my thought too. Miners should just fork off, and shape that fork into what they think their version of Bitcoin should look like - this market offers basically any entity the freedom to do so. That being said, I am quite sure that they very well understand that whatever fork they come up with, it won't be a viable long term plan. Even if we look into the altcoin part of the market, split coins have never really done well. It's just a short term money tree for those behind these forks, and from there they will just try to initiate another fork if they think it's beneficial in financial terms. In that regard, I wouldn't be surprised to see another fork take place ultimately.
pepoaly007

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:52:42 AM

I think nothing will happen in November, and if something happens, the bitcoin will drop slightly to get back up again, so do not worry about the split.
Adbitco

Activity: 1414
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 12:16:23 PM

One hard fork already happened and bitcoincash was made. Noticed any change?
I mean did it affect bitcoin badly in any possible way? Absolutely not.

At this point, it doesn't really matter anymore. Let them create more and more useless altcoins which exist only for trading.

And where did you actually read that? Because it doesn't make sense. They didn't even see whether BCC is successful or not. It should take time.
Correct, we will surely be seeing lots of fud, panic, bad rumors about bitcoin in the event of possible coming fork which some say might occur in coming November but just like it couldn't harm bitcoin in the past this one won't be able to do that too. Prices may or may not drop but that's something we really have to wait and watch

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
nakata90

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 12:27:10 PM

This news will make a huge impact for money Bitcoin, investors will be very worried about that, under which the price of the coins of other technology will be affected very badly. But I still hope Bitcoin will pass all, although I still worry about this adverse information. Cry

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▀███████▀
  ▀███▀
           ▄███▄
         ▄███████▄
         ▀███████▀
           ▀███▀
  ▄███▄
▄███████▄
▀███████▀
  ▀███▀
K O I N P R O.
TRADE CRYPTO AND STOCK CFD WITH BITCOIN
[

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
     ▄█████░░█░░█████▄
  ▄██████░░░░░░░██████▄
 ███████░░░░░░░░░███████
▐███████████████████████▌
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▐███████░░░███░░░███████▌
 ███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀
      ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

.NO KYC

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
       ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ████████░░░██░░░███████
  ▐████████░░░█░░░████████▌
  █████████░░░░░░██████████
  █████████░░░█░░░█████████
  ▐████████░░░██░░░███████▌
   ████████░░░███░░░██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

.EARN KOI

███
                  ▄▄█▄▄        ███████
                  █          ███████████
                  █████        ███████
                      █        ███████
                  ▀▀█▀▀        ███████
                               ███████
                █████████      ███████
                               ███████
               █████████       ▂▂▂▂
                               ▂▂▂▂
                █████████      ▂▂▂▂

. 100x LEVERAGE

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
           ▄███░░█████████░░███▄
          ████░█████████████░████
         ▐███░██████▀▀▀██████░███▌
         ███░█████▀░░░░░░▀▀███░███
         ███░█████▄░░░░░░▄▄███░███
         ▐███░██████▄▄▄██████░███▌
          ████░█████████████░████
           ▀███░░██░░░░░██░░███▀
            ▀█▀▄███████████▄▀█▀
               ░▀▀████████▀▀░

.SUPER FAST
].
UNIQUE DOUBLE-UP
CONTRACT

Supreemo

Activity: 443
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:32:53 PM

that is what we are expecting that in next fork again there will be no such effect on bitcoin and its community, I think that people will give no preyority to fork, but they will continue trading bitcoin  hopefully that even in November the price of bitcoin will continue increasing for a long long time.
Yes I agree, at this time many people are not afraid to face the novel fork in november, not like before the crowd panicked, and I also think bitcoin will get better and the price goes up
,is this already for sure? If this is true then its a big news, even if this is true or not I don't think it can affect tge price of bitcoin on the market , lets not assume very much, we might not also know what is going to happen this comig november, and consider the people having bitcoins, or what should they do, maybe it could also lead to a bigger impact in the market.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:38:04 PM

Not exactly, premines and ICO's are what is actually the same as printing money, but forking is more complex. With forks, people who gain the most are whales, but they are usually concerned about privacy and safety, so they prefer to wait instead of dumping their forked coins asap. And to have a successful fork with some value, you need to build community support for it, by spreading information about it on blogs and social media and pumping its price after it's launched.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Lanatsa

Activity: 2814
Merit: 648

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:42:22 PM

,is this already for sure? If this is true then its a big news, even if this is true or not I don't think it can affect tge price of bitcoin on the market , lets not assume very much, we might not also know what is going to happen this comig november, and consider the people having bitcoins, or what should they do, maybe it could also lead to a bigger impact in the market.
Still cant be sure because we might able to see on the situation just like what happen on before August 1 event which we do see the price dips on bitcoin and it might happen again on this upcoming possible fork on this November but well im still ready and i do have some funds to buy bitcoin if those dips would happen again because im sure price would really goes up again.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:57:45 PM

This are also the times that altcoins will be super dump again and bitcoin will conquer again the marketcap if another segwit will happen in november. Bitcoin will be unstoppable in the upcoming year.

drachman

Merit: 252

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:57:58 PM

The fork did not affected the price but the possibility of segwit and segwit2x not been compatible but this was fixed no one cared about the bitcoin cash fork, but the next fork that comes is going to have a deep effect on bitcoin.
manchester93

Activity: 251
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:02:46 AM

This is what repeated forks (where the network splits and both networks remain viable) will look like to the investing public. Two slightly different cryptocurrencies splitting, then minting coins on both forks at twice the original rate. That looks exactly like money printing.

Granted, decentralized currencies don't have the authority of fiat, so the market could kill off unpopular forks. But it's possible that many, many forks resulting in many network splits could survive. And that means a lot more than 21 million "bitcoins" (depending how you choose to define them) in circulation.
Irdina

Activity: 502
Merit: 100

TheFutbolCoin

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:48:46 AM

Still cant be sure because we might able to see on the situation just like what happen on before August 1 event which we do see the price dips on bitcoin and it might happen again on this upcoming possible fork on this November but well im still ready and i do have some funds to buy bitcoin if those dips would happen again because im sure price would really goes up again.
It seems that bitcoin is hard to go down again like in early August, but we just wait and follow the process .. all can't be ascertained and no one knows what the impact is .. This might be the second surprise bitcoin.

▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀          T h e F u t b o l C o i n     [    App Store    ] [   Google Play   ]          ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀        WHITEPAPER    |    TEAM    |    TWITTER    |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK        ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: