Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:35:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What major factors affect bitcoin price?  (Read 1800 times)
cakra

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:18:04 PM

Bitcoin is still a relatively small market compared to the actual potential it can achieve, so it does not require a large amount of money to drive up or down market prices.
When demand for bitcoin increases, prices increase and as demand falls, prices fall.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:11:14 PM

Bitcoin is volatile and its price can get fluctuated a lot with the external and internal factors. External factors will include Investors, Fund raiser projects, Pumping groups etc while on the other hand Internal factor includes development on the blockchain technology, hard forks etc. The former is very important because investment is what drives the price of bitcoin up and down. With simple correlation, bitcoin is directly proportional to money invested into the bitcoin, if it is more per 24 hours then the price will start moving upward and vice versa. The later, development in blockchain is important because it makes bitcoin more easier to use or work with and due to that more investors are attracted towards it. So overall bitcoin is viable with these main factors according to me.

Wah, so it is not only influenced by demand and supply factors. Even from systems and investors also have a big effect on bitcoin prices. Besides that the amount of bitcoin is limited and is now a bone of contention.

Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:49:55 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2017, 02:00:26 AM by Gameroid

Bitcoin is volatile and its price can get fluctuated a lot with the external and internal factors. External factors will include Investors, Fund raiser projects, Pumping groups etc while on the other hand Internal factor includes development on the blockchain technology, hard forks etc. The former is very important because investment is what drives the price of bitcoin up and down. With simple correlation, bitcoin is directly proportional to money invested into the bitcoin, if it is more per 24 hours then the price will start moving upward and vice versa. The later, development in blockchain is important because it makes bitcoin more easier to use or work with and due to that more investors are attracted towards it. So overall bitcoin is viable with these main factors according to me.

Wah, so it is not only influenced by demand and supply factors. Even from systems and investors also have a big effect on bitcoin prices. Besides that the amount of bitcoin is limited and is now a bone of contention.
to me i think that the interest of the people is the major factor which is influencing the price of bitcoin. in fact people are still interested in bitcoin and they are still trying to invest more money in bitcoin therefore there are more chances that the price of bitcoin will continue increasing for a long time.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:40:28 PM

News is the most important factor weather hard fork is going to happen or any major price increase has occured or any billionaire tweeting about that he is planning to invest. If that happens people will be aware that price will increase because he is investing so it will cause a demand effect
chichan13

Activity: 180

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:55:08 PM

I am a total newbie to this forum and don't know very much about crypto currencies.

What are major factors affecting bitcoin (or any other crypto currency) price? Is this mostly supply and demand, do other factors (difficulty of mining, hash rate, etc) play significant role in bitcoins price?
I think the major factor affecting the price of bitcoin to change is the fluctuation of supply and demand of bitcoin on online market. In addition to that, I think the number of people who have it is also the reason because some of them are still holding their bitcoin and I think they will sell it when the price is high.
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:56:33 PM

The rise of Bitcoin is connected with people who buy. And if demand is high, it will naturally increase and if the demand falls automatically, the price that traders want is likely to happen for traders to buy cheaply and wait for price increases and sell expensive. So it's up and down. And it will only increase if there are good improvements to be laid out. As it is now due to bitcoins split the bitcoins nearly 2x increased to its normal price during the first month of the year. So it's really the reason I've come to know
eleah24

Activity: 113

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:58:52 AM

With what as far as I know, one major factor that affects bitcoin price are the investors. Well if major investors give big investments then there will be big fund for bitcoin but if there were just few amounts that were invested bitcoin price would go down. But it's only from what I know. I'm not really sure if that really is a factor. Please let me know whether I'm correct or not. Thank you Smiley

Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:51:18 PM

Currently there are positive news about bitcoin all over world which create more demand for it, and since the demand has become so high the holders becomes skeptical about whether to sell   or not and if we are to sell it should be on the higher side. That is to say, the demand for Bitcoin is higher than the supply of Bitcoin and that makes it price to go up.
There are many major factors are affect bitcoin. BTC mining and number of digital currencies. These are main reason for demand the bitcoin, lot of invester are buying the bitcoin due to increase the value of bitcoin. Many of the problems are create only the demand of bitcoin. Seller also affect the these types of problem.
BeerPanda

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:17:14 AM

Bitcoin is still a relatively small market compared to the actual potential it can achieve, so it does not require a large amount of money to drive up or down market prices.
When demand for bitcoin increases, prices increase and as demand falls, prices fall.
good point! But why do you think like that
zais

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:41:11 AM

I am a total newbie to this forum and don't know very much about crypto currencies.

What are major factors affecting bitcoin (or any other crypto currency) price? Is this mostly supply and demand, do other factors (difficulty of mining, hash rate, etc) play significant role in bitcoins price?
Bitcoin prices are determined by demand and supply. As demand for bitcoin increases, prices increase and as demand falls, prices fall. Bitcoin is already limited in number and new bitcoin is made with predictable levels
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:25:47 PM

I think the most important factor which influence the price of Bitcoin is the popularity and acceptance of Bitcoin. The more popular Bitcoin becomes, the more it's demand will increase and a high demand means a higher value.
More number of altcoins can also influence the price of Bitcoin. More altcoins simply means more competetion which can affect the prove of Bitcoin.
kondor1030

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 12:30:58 PM

Government regulations and bans have big influence on the short term price. Big adoption news do the opposite.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:34:25 PM

News is one big factor in my opinion that can affect bitcoin prices. and for example today there is hardfork news we can see how the bitcoin price movement. very crazy
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:48:15 PM

Yes as all people have been telling, the demand and supply have a direct affect on the bitcoin price. When you have a limited stock (the fact that there are only 21 million bitcoins and no more can be generated) the value automatically increases.
With increase in popularity of bitcoins the number of investors are increasing which affects the market price.
Also the value of dollar also has a direct influence on the value of the bitcoins.
Redanim

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:23:47 PM

Bitcoin rate and other currencies on specialized exchanges are formed on the basis of supply and demand, as it should be to any similar asset.However, due to the comparatively low total capitalization of bitcoin, the mass exchange rate of the crypto currency is heavily influenced by mass panic and major players.
anelenaniku

Activity: 136

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:25:29 PM

How many people ask for bitcoin vs how many miners create blocks.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:42:56 AM

How many people ask for bitcoin vs how many miners create blocks.
The factors that affect the cost of bitcoins are very various. Some of them are moderate yet very relentless, such as the gradually rising supply and demand curve.

Others are sentimental and violent, like the speculative trade, which influences the trading of bitcoins each day. Each time a government releases official statements about the regulation of digital currencies, the cost of bitcoin is ordinarily affected.
sirkings0003

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:14:54 AM

Bitcoin has a lot of influencers. One major bitcoin price influencer that works magic is media news about cryptocurrency. It can make a $20,000 worth of crypto to crash to $10,000 in 1 hour. It can still make a 50 cent worth crypto to rise to $10 in 1 hour.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
komu

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:31:40 AM

Supply and demand is one of the factors affecting the price of bitcoin, national ban and social media reports may affect the price of bitcoin.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:05:46 AM

The two major factors affecting bitcoin is demand and supply. More and more people are beginning to see the benefits and potentials of bitcoin and as such more investors are coming in but those holding bitcoin are unwilling to sell. This makes investors offer higher prices and thus increase in price
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: