Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:59:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Virtual Mining Corp Pre-Orders  (Read 5473 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 10:28:34 PM

The prototype itself signifies that the design works, and most (if not all) bugs encountered won't kill the company's future.

It is only rational to produce a proof of concept....that not even a simulation could provide.

Still, the pricing is... suspicious.

What is suspicious about our pricing?

Given the equipment you are showing, it is very low.

Kudos for answering the "questions" in this thread in a very neutral, yet informative manner.

I have a few others, if you don't mind:
-why use 50 BTC MAGMA PCI extender boxes? Cheaper (way cheaper) solutions exist.
-why use dual CPU motherboards (when a Raspberry Pi would suffice)?
-why with mixed PCI/PCI-E connectors?
-why use PCI-E and not USB?
-where will you source the Spartan 6?
-why only 20 "prototypes"? Avalon chips are cheap and "readily" available.
-why such a low count on the second batch? Even Avalon started with 300.
-given the previous will not fund your R&D, how do you finance the project?
-do you plan a reseller program?
-do you plan an affiliates program?
-do you plan on mining yourselves?
-why?
-why no company information on the website? (business reg., address, etc)

Thank you.

-why use 50 BTC MAGMA PCI extender boxes? Cheaper (way cheaper) solutions exist.

We will be looking for the best extender and the best price.  Specifications are subject to
change.

-why use dual CPU motherboards (when a Raspberry Pi would suffice)?

We are doing a lot more that you know about at this point. (Bigger plans for the system and the bitcoin network)

-why with mixed PCI/PCI-E connectors?

I like what else is on the board.

-why use PCI-E and not USB?

Datacenter compatable

-where will you source the Spartan 6?

Don't know yet.

-why only 20 "prototypes"? Avalon chips are cheap and "readily" available.

This is what we think we can produce by the end of August.

-why such a low count on the second batch? Even Avalon started with 300.

Again, just what we feel we can scale our manufacturing up to.

-given the previous will not fund your R&D, how do you finance the project?

You don't that it will not fund our R&D.

-do you plan a reseller program?

Good idea.

-do you plan an affiliates program?

Another good idea?

-do you plan on mining yourselves?

We have a mining cooperative on bitfunder.com you can check it out here: https://bitfunder.com/asset/AMC
-why?
We like mining too.

-why no company information on the website? (business reg., address, etc)

Had to get ready for Bitcoin 2013, we will be adding to to the Web Site all that information.

We are a Delaware corporation.

I hope i answered you questions, if not PM me or make another post.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 10:31:29 PM

@ KS

Do you know of any cheaper examples?

Not yet, but I will looking into it.  If someone orders the extender case and we change we will
reduce the price and refund the difference between the retail prices of each box.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 10:32:56 PM

Avalon use saprtan xc6slx16-2ftg256c what cost 25$ at digikey.

We have bigger plans for the CPU.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 10:36:20 PM

@ KS

Do you know of any cheaper examples?

One other this is that we will be working to modify the case to provide the power requirement required for
the 16 mining cards it the system and the required power cables.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 10:39:34 PM

Virtual Mining Corporation is now taking pre-orders for its
Fast-Hash-80 80 GH/s Bitcoin Mining Machine.

www.virtualminingcorp.com

Hey, Ken, How's it going?

Will give you a buzz sometime this week between Dr's appointments.  I'd lke to come down in the next few weeks if I can line up a driver as health issues currently prevent me from driving long distances but there is a vintage car in your area  a buddy wanst to look at also, so I could kill two birds with one stone, as it were.

When I know what my schedule will be I'll call you and we can maybe set up a time for a cuppa and discussion!

And now for the rest of the story..........................

I have no financial interest in VMC or its affiliates, nor do I represent them in any way.  What I do have is over 25 years of real-world business experience and over 10 years of online business experience and know the difference getween a scam and  a good business with great potential; VMC is not a scam and the VMC operation is indeed a good operation with great potential.

Because of the emails and phone conversations I have had with VMC, I am absolutely confident that VMC will produce an effective and affordable product and will do so in a timely and customer-satisfying manner.  When I complete a couple of real-world business deals I intend to order equipment from VMC, so I wll be putting my money where my keyboard is.

At any rate, my considered opinon is that when it comes to doing businness with VMC, you can do business with coinfidence.

My $.02.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:50:36 PM

Date Registered: May 03, 2013, 10:55:57 PM

Respectfully, we're going to need a bit more hard evidence than your opinion.

I'm a big fan of competition in consumer mining devices as much as the next guy. Lets see how this shakes out, but with all the scams floating around, I hope you can appreciate some more solid information will be required before gaining the trust of the community.

Announcing a 28nm product is a huge red flag given the tremendous monetary requirements to profitably produce such a product at this time.

At any rate, my considered opinon is that when it comes to doing businness with VMC, you can do business with coinfidence.
My $.02.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 11:05:44 PM

Date Registered: May 03, 2013, 10:55:57 PM

Respectfully, we're going to need a bit more hard evidence than your opinion.

I'm a big fan of competition in consumer mining devices as much as the next guy. Lets see how this shakes out, but with all the scams floating around, I hope you can appreciate some more solid information will be required before gaining the trust of the community.

Announcing a 28nm product is a huge red flag given the tremendous monetary requirements to profitably produce such a product at this time.

My $.02.

Thank you for your reply and I completely understand your position, especially considering that you may have less than happy dealings with other companies and appreciate that you are keeping an open mind on this.

I will stand by my first post on this matter and look forward to the veracity of VMC becoming well established as a leader in the field.

Corporations For Crypto
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 11:47:35 PM

Will give you a buzz sometime this week between Dr's appointments.  I'd lke to come down in the next few weeks if I can line up a driver as health issues currently prevent me from driving long distances but there is a vintage car in your area  a buddy wanst to look at also, so I could kill two birds with one stone, as it were.

When I know what my schedule will be I'll call you and we can maybe set up a time for a cuppa and discussion!

I have no financial interest in VMC or its affiliates, nor do I represent them in any way.  What I do have is over 25 years of real-world business experience and over 10 years of online business experience and know the difference getween a scam and  a good business with great potential; VMC is not a scam and the VMC operation is indeed a good operation with great potential.

Because of the emails and phone conversations I have had with VMC, I am absolutely confident that VMC will produce an effective and affordable product and will do so in a timely and customer-satisfying manner.  When I complete a couple of real-world business deals I intend to order equipment from VMC, so I wll be putting my money where my keyboard is.

My $.02.

Yes, come on down and I will take you to lunch at one of my Favorites places, Jimm's Steak House, it used to be a Steak & Ale, Jimm used to be the manager.

LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 12:46:29 AM

Will give you a buzz sometime this week between Dr's appointments.  I'd lke to come down in the next few weeks if I can line up a driver as health issues currently prevent me from driving long distances but there is a vintage car in your area  a buddy wanst to look at also, so I could kill two birds with one stone, as it were.

I have no financial interest in VMC or its affiliates, nor do I represent them in any way.  What I do have is over 25 years of real-world business experience and over 10 years of online business experience and know the difference getween a scam and  a good business with great potential; VMC is not a scam and the VMC operation is indeed a good operation with great potential.

Because of the emails and phone conversations I have had with VMC, I am absolutely confident that VMC will produce an effective and affordable product and will do so in a timely and customer-satisfying manner.  When I complete a couple of real-world business deals I intend to order equipment from VMC, so I wll be putting my money where my keyboard is.

My $.02.

Yes, come on down and I will take you to lunch at one of my Favorites places, Jimm's Steak House, it used to be a Steak & Ale, Jimm used to be the manager.

I'll sure do my best to make it!

Corporations For Crypto
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 02:50:30 AM

Looking forward to meeting you.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:59:34 AM

Do I get a discount if I help you find cheaper sources?

http://www.cyclone.com/products/expansion_backplanes/index.php
http://www.cyclone.com/products/expansion_systems/index.php
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 04:24:49 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2013, 04:51:11 AM by kslaughter

Yes, I will make you a good deal for your help.  Of course, they are 20% off thru the 21st.

KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:39:53 PM

pffff Smiley
KS

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:43:19 PM

Yes, I will make you a good deal for your help.  Of course, they are 20% off thru the 21st.

Is there a technical requirement for using PCI-E instead of PCI? (PCI expansion is much much cheaper)

How high are the modules? (you could use PCI -> PCI-E adapters in a 4U chassis and still save wrt Magma - or buy only the backplanes and expansion adapters)

Dell has a very interesting chassis too.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 03:22:34 AM

Is there a technical requirement for using PCI-E instead of PCI? (PCI expansion is much much cheaper)

How high are the modules? (you could use PCI -> PCI-E adapters in a 4U chassis and still save wrt Magma - or buy only the backplanes and expansion adapters)

PCIe motherboards with required number of slots are more available.

We are looking into the cyclone's above.
KS

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:16:00 AM

PCIe motherboards with required number of slots are more available.

We are looking into the cyclone's above.

You can easily find PCI boards for 1/4th the price of the MAGMA, including housing. It goes down to about 1/10th if you mix and match PCI and PCI-E and limit yourselves to about 9 slots expansions. There are also 2 and 4 PCI-E expansion boxes that are pretty cheap, but heat venting might be an issue (small boxes). What's the planned TDP for the modules?

If power is an issue and you need to design your own enclosure, you can always source the backplane + adapter only from MAGMA, which is about 40% of the full enclosure price AFAIK. Add about 800USD for a custom enclosure (less if more units) and about 200-300 for a 1500W PSU Gold/Platinum and you're still at 50-60% of the initial MAGMA price.

The Dell option might be useful for a rush order or prototype testing, depending on availability on their end. Nothing to customize, just PnP. I believe that with 3600W you should have enough power Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: