Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:52:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What should be done about Chartbuddy in the wall observer thread?
It should be deactivated - 30 (21.9%)
Nothing - 67 (48.9%)
It should have it's own thread - 37 (27%)
Other (describe in thread) - 3 (2.2%)
Total Voters: 137

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Chartbuddy  (Read 2114 times)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 04:59:19 PM

It's a bot, it won't get offended if you put it in your ignore list.

That isn't what this is about IMO, people like to post the walls. The bot took their jobs and does it on a way some people can't even understand.

feel free to post wall pics from mtgox of btccharts thos 2D charts are easier to read and better looking.

i'm sure no one minds seeing more charts in the charts thread more charts  in the charts thread more charts!

A dedicated thread where only charts are allowed would be nice too

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 07:55:12 PM

Current iteration of chart buddy posts information that is largely useless.

I voted the bot should be deactivated, however my intention here is that the bot operator would voluntarily make this choice. We as a community do not have the right to strong arm our friendly neighborhood bot operator, unless there are some ground rules that the bot is breaking.

It's useful to me. Sometimes I want to see how did the orderbook evolved while I wasn't looking, and the bot produces that exact information. I can go to its profile and see its posts, and pinpoint any particular moment in time. Can even find out when my orders went through.

As I said before, if you don't find it useful, go ahead and ignore it.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2130

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:01:06 PM

I agreed to be bound by this poll but the results are currently looking a bit confusing. Most people are saying to leave ChartBuddy as-is but the sum of those voting for deactivation and those who want it in its own thread is almost equal (Though still slightly less) than the leave-it-alone vote. Since the do-nothing votes are ahead even with that accounted for, I'll leave it for now but I'll try and work out a way to rephrase the poll to find the best way forward. But in the meantime, please remember that the ignore button is there.

One thing I can possibly do is add some options that people can set to control how Chartbuddy displays stuff. He would still post to the thread every hour but people could say whether they want the big chart every 4 hours, daily, smaller whatever and just get small placeholder images every hour.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: