Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:26:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin core team join bitcoin cash team if the value keeps rising?  (Read 1426 times)
ChainSmoker

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:39:15 PM

Let me say it for the 100000000 time . If BTC die there will be no value for any cryptocurrency . Goodluck convince someone that you want to cash out with BCC hahahah Cheesy . Goodluck try to convince any entity in the world to take cryptocurrency for real anymore . We have cryptocurrency because we have BTC and the moment BTC die all will fall with it. I am speaking about value .

Anyway people behind BCC can try as hard as they can there is already big players behind BTC that will never let it die and it is really too late to try that now .  
Agreed!People behind this shitcash coin have hired paid trolls to repetitively attack users who post some sense on r/btc  Grin
No matter what Bcash achieve it will always be a pump and dump altcoin

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cashodler

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:58:20 PM

Let me say it for the 100000000 time . If BTC die there will be no value for any cryptocurrency . Goodluck convince someone that you want to cash out with BCC hahahah Cheesy . Goodluck try to convince any entity in the world to take cryptocurrency for real anymore . We have cryptocurrency because we have BTC and the moment BTC die all will fall with it. I am speaking about value .

Anyway people behind BCC can try as hard as they can there is already big players behind BTC that will never let it die and it is really too late to try that now .  
Agreed!People behind this shitcash coin have hired paid trolls to repetitively attack users who post some sense on r/btc  Grin

Please enlighten me on Bcash... I know only that it's coming 2018 and it's a fork of Zcash, will it be successful?

If you mean Bitcoin Cash, use either BCC/XBC or just Bitcoin Cash.

I know this is blockstream fud forum, but...
ChainSmoker

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:01:46 PM

Agreed!People behind this shitcash coin have hired paid trolls to repetitively attack users who post some sense on r/btc  Grin

Please enlighten me on Bcash... I know only that it's coming 2018 and it's a fork of Zcash, will it be successful?

If you mean Bitcoin Cash, use either BCC/XBC or just Bitcoin Cash.

I know this is blockstream fud forum, but...
I ain't calling that shitcash 'bitcoin cash'.You BCH or Shitcash supporters should be ashamed of yourself for stealing bitcoin's name.Can't come up with something original huh?and it ain't BCC too. BCC is bitconnect coin you know or don't?How it feels to steal the name of one coin(bitcoin) and ticker symbol BCC of another coin(bitconnect coin) at the same time? rofl

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
romani245

Activity: 267
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:27:06 PM

Since BCH was explicitly created to dispose of Core, do you think they'd be welcome if they came a knocking? I rather doubt it.

I think it's a bit more complex than that. I think the "anti-Core" position is a selling point to a particular niche of the community that wants cheaper fees as a supposed means to accelerate adoption.

It's more about ASICBoost, IMO. I suspect they've been pouring R&D into it for a long time, and this is another effort to bear the fruits of that.
speaktome

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:39:06 PM

Will bitcoin core team join bitcoin cash team if the value keeps rising?

Of course not. They are against hard forks in general, and especially ones without wide community support. They would continue supporting legacy Bitcoin no matter what happens with Bitcoin Cash. I remember Greg Maxwell said recently that if a significant split happened and the corporate hard forked version of "Bitcoin" overtook the legacy chain, that he would rather launch an altcoin than work on the hard forked version.
It´s a very remote possibility of that happening but both have very different visions and that same gives the guideline to suppose that they cann´t be joined together and then as time passes these differences could become more marked,can even bring with it  new changes to the code that previously it was not even thought that they should be carried out,because for example,there is always someone who is looking for an optimization and then the other team will not want to stay behind of the other.

▄██████████▄
           ▄██████████████▄
          █████▀      ▀█████
         ████▀          ▀████
         ▀▀▀   ▄██████▄   ███▌
     ▄▄████   ▐████████▌  ████  ▄▄
   ▄████████   ▀██████▀   ███▌ ████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀      ▐█▌     ▀▀▀  ▀█████
 ████▀          ▄█████▄          ▀████
████   ▄█████▄▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█████▄   ███▌
███▌  ▐███████▌   ███   ▐███████▌  ▐██▌
████   ▀█████▀    ▀███   ▀█████▀   ███▌
 ████▄         ▄█▄ ▀███▄         ▄████
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀▀████████▀▀       ▀▀████████▀▀
BitCloud  BTDX
A new type of decentralized currency
Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin
▬▬▬    • Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    ▬▬▬
ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter  Github  Slack

Sirius receive address:SQusssg3DRrKrEHW26c2skEDYCG7vrj11z
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:46:09 PM

Where ever Bitcoin is the core team will be, Bitcoin cash is not Bitcoin, tell me who exactly forked BCH? because every body is still the same in the network of miners, not only BTC hash power didn't decrease it even increased, so this whole split thingy is still very confusing for me.
The value if keeps rising the only thing you could expect is a massive dump by holders, there are still more than 14M BCH to be dumped and I'm sure many of them are holding to see much higher prices because if some body starts dumping while price is sub $1000 then he'll end up with a sub $100 price before selling more than 200K coins.

🖤😏
romani245

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:40:31 AM

The value if keeps rising the only thing you could expect is a massive dump by holders, there are still more than 14M BCH to be dumped and I'm sure many of them are holding to see much higher prices because if some body starts dumping while price is sub $1000 then he'll end up with a sub $100 price before selling more than 200K coins.

What makes you think the entire supply of BCH will be dumped on exchanges? Only a tiny amount (1-3%?) of the total BTC supply is traded on exchanges; I don't see any reason to assume that so much more of the BCH supply would be traded on exchanges, especially if you think everyone is holding for higher prices. That's the same mentality that helps to drive BTC price up, isn't it? Seems unlikely that it will dump then... Tongue
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:56:41 AM

It simply won't happen. There is much at stake here. You are talking about the core team. They would move to pump BTC more but not to shift to BCH's team. Miners may do that though as they are looking at profitability and other considerations. But never the core team.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:05:30 PM

What makes you think the entire supply of BCH will be dumped on exchanges? Only a tiny amount (1-3%?) of the total BTC supply is traded on exchanges; I don't see any reason to assume that so much more of the BCH supply would be traded on exchanges, especially if you think everyone is holding for higher prices. That's the same mentality that helps to drive BTC price up, isn't it? Seems unlikely that it will dump then... Tongue

You don't need to dump the entire supply. It is in fact impossible. Count in all satoshi keys, and that's like 1 million BCH that will not move, then count all the lost private keys, that's probably near a million already too, then count everyone that cannot be bothered to risk losing their BTC in the process of accessing their BCH.. I wonder how much that is. Then just consider the % of people that are too lazy to get the BCH because the process not only risky but annoying...

A lot of BCH will not move, but all you need is to fill the buy order books, and plenty of whales have enough BTC (therefore BCH) to fill the buy orderbooks and crash BCH into the ground at any time.
Crypto_New

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:24:03 PM

no, it seems impossible. They have their own team of highly professionals. And we know they have different missions,
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:45:35 PM

I don't think that bitcoin would even need support from bitcoin cash because bitcoin is a strong coin. It's name is world wide know by crypto currency users and they consider it as their core coin. So, I don't think that they would even say "Yes" if btc cash  would even offer their help.
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:23:11 PM

If I remember correctly I think one of the developers said that if segwit in bitcoin was not activated he will move to litecoin and I think most devs probably have the same idea, if bitcoin cash won the war then the core team is not going to join bitcoin cash team they are just going to move on to litecoin or to do other things with their time.

The entire bitcoin core team has been contributing to litecoin for years. Just take a look at some of the contributors at the github.

https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/graphs/contributors

Admittedly, a lot of that is indirectly. Even luke-jr has 279 commits. I'm sure he enjoys that  Roll Eyes

romani245

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:37:54 PM

You don't need to dump the entire supply. It is in fact impossible. Count in all satoshi keys, and that's like 1 million BCH that will not move, then count all the lost private keys, that's probably near a million already too, then count everyone that cannot be bothered to risk losing their BTC in the process of accessing their BCH.. I wonder how much that is. Then just consider the % of people that are too lazy to get the BCH because the process not only risky but annoying...

A lot of BCH will not move, but all you need is to fill the buy order books, and plenty of whales have enough BTC (therefore BCH) to fill the buy orderbooks and crash BCH into the ground at any time.

This logic goes both ways. The fact is that, like BTC, most of the BCH supply will not move. Absorbing 1-3% of the BCH supply at < 0.08 BCH/BTC is not all that much for a couple bitcoin whales like Roger Ver. That's why BCH doubled in price overnight. It can be easily manipulated because it is illiquid, just like BTC.

Sure, BTC whales could crash it. But if they are rational, they want to maximize the possible gains they can extract from BCH, too. So they are better off waiting to see if it will continue upwards.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:05:42 PM

This logic goes both ways. The fact is that, like BTC, most of the BCH supply will not move. Absorbing 1-3% of the BCH supply at < 0.08 BCH/BTC is not all that much for a couple bitcoin whales like Roger Ver. That's why BCH doubled in price overnight. It can be easily manipulated because it is illiquid, just like BTC.

Sure, BTC whales could crash it. But if they are rational, they want to maximize the possible gains they can extract from BCH, too. So they are better off waiting to see if it will continue upwards.

Roger Ver is nothing compared to the BTC whales which must have near to 1 million BTC put together.
Now, on BCH camp, what whales are willing to sell their BTC for BCH (other than Roger Ver... and I doubt he is doing this other than temporal pump and dumping)

BCH has no whale support, it is a pretty much dead coin as soon as whales start dumping heavily.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:32:50 AM

Agreed, the miners are completely underestimating the value of trust, if the trust in bitcoin is lost because it fails then no one is going to trust cryptocurrencies ever again, and all of them will die and the vision of satoshi of creating a currency not backed by any government will die.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: