Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:50:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XtraBytes really becoming the platform to rule all.  (Read 4439 times)
fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:28:32 AM

How much you think XBY will be after the september marketing rally or should I sell now?

Price predictions are difficult in the crypto-space, as I'm sure you know.  XBY is still very much under the radar.  It is not traded on any major exchange.  Price has quite a bit of way to go to breach the all-time-high, but I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you sold now. 

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ContrivedShark

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:12:04 AM

It has such a bad name... It is what put me off buying ants.
After the rebrand it boomed.

This has a lot of potential. Just needs some good marketing!
stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:05:16 AM

Hello ECB, these are all fair points and could certainly lead to an investor taking pause. Nonetheless I feel XBY is a platform with compelling potential.  I invested in XBY because of

1. Deep management bench - I have participated in the slack channel for several platforms including Droxne, Reddcoin, Zencash. The team has a deeper management and technical bench than many existing projects and practically all recent ICOs. Some of the management and technical team slack names are Borzalom, CCRevolution, Vanfly. jcpbs, bikerlezn,

2. Low market cap versus competing smart contract platforms - other platforms including ETH ($27.7B), Lisk ($242M), Stratis ($525M)  have much higher market caps by a factor of 20x or more. The low market capitalization on an absolute and relative basis is a margin of safety in the crypto space, which is truly volatile when compared to other assets such as equities or commodities

3. Uniqueness of the business model - XBY is based on Proof of Signature, this is a unique consensus method for protecting securing the network /processing transactions and fundametlly different than Proof of Work, Proof of Stake, Proof of Importance (e.g. NEM), Directed Acrylic Graphs (e.g. Byteballs) or Byzantine Fault Tolerance (NEO)

Needless to say there is risk in any technology investment whether its Teledyne, Amazon or XBY. If you wait to buy, you could get a lower price if there is a crypto wide market selloff or pay a higher price once investors bid up the valuation for a proven technology.

Upping this post. Great content and info about XBY.
Fatoshi (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:17:52 AM

Haha you choose projects on their name? How normal a word is Etherum...or Google...NEO is a name from the Matrix. Lol

ANTSHARES was a bad name cause it made you think it was something to do with stock market on the internet. In the end names dont matter and the tech is all that matters. Top 20.coins are there cause they are innovative and useful not cause of marketing and names.lol
cedlemercier

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:21:58 AM

REMINDER TO JOIN THE XTRABYTES TEST-NET

Head to our Slack and speak to Rule144 to get involved!
Steemit post with more info on what the Testnet is and how it benefits XTRABYTES
cedlemercier

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:23:59 AM

REMINDER TO JOIN THE XTRABYTES TEST-NET

Head to our Slack and speak to Rule144 to get involved!
Steemit post with more info on what the Testnet is and how it benefits XTRABYTES
ContrivedShark

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:35:26 AM

Haha you choose projects on their name? How normal a word is Etherum...or Google...NEO is a name from the Matrix. Lol

ANTSHARES was a bad name cause it made you think it was something to do with stock market on the internet. In the end names dont matter and the tech is all that matters. Top 20.coins are there cause they are innovative and useful not cause of marketing and names.lol

You have to admit XtraBytes is probably the worst named coin in the top 200!  I don't think neo would be at the market cap it is at now without the rebrand and marketing.

Anyway, I am advising to ignore the name as it would put a lot of people off.

And yes, I did not bother reading up on it until recently as it sounded like a crappy coin.
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:53:27 PM

I agree, that xtrabytes doesn't sound that great. However, rebranding is a lot simpler than having a cool name but no technology. Since the technology is solid, I think it's a good investment.

cedlemercier

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:08:37 PM

The main objectives of the test are:

1. Test networks capacity to handle load. XTRABYTES aims to be scalable beyond current blockchains, such as Ethereum and Bitcoin, both of which see their respective networks struggle at peak times.
2. Try to exploit the consensus system (POSIGN), eg. double spends.
3. General testing of the network, are coins arriving at correct addresses are confirms sticking etc.
4. Wallet testing, eg, does the blockchain sync automatically without the need of a .conf file and other ux issues.
albert11

Activity: 679
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:22:02 PM

I remember this Altcoins here. Here I must earn a great deal and chance to change  my life but I'm not lucky. I wasted that opportunity because I knew it was a shitcoins but suddenly it had the foundations and got up again. Perhaps this is the most disastrous thing in my life that I should be a millionaire and a key to my poverty alleviation.

Maybe it's not for me
Good luck to all who bought it is 1 sats each just before. You've grown almost millions now.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
very_452001

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:19:43 PM

Xtrabytes is a cool name as well as the XBY, nothing wrong with it  Cool keep the name don't change it.

cedlemercier

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:26:01 PM

Hello Everyone. Just wanted to add a few cents to the testnet conversation!

Who was part of the initial test?
jcpbs, rule144, bryank, bikerleszno, borz.

What did we do?
We started slow with a few transactions to and from different wallets. We quickly ramped up to spamming hundreds of transactions via console sendtoaddress command.

What's Next?
We have some basic housekeeping to perform and nail down some specifics to some of our upcoming tests but we will be expanding our pilot to all those who are interested.

We have just reached just over 100 members in our testnet. Our goal is to have 512 members utilizing the testnet. If you are interested, please stop by our slack and let us know you're interested! We will be looking to roll out to a larger group very soon!

Note: There are no requirements for you to take part in the testnet. You do not need to own a node or even have any amount of XBY. It will not cost you anything to participate! There is some very basic setup, which we will assist with and then its just sending transactions, performing attacks on the network (if you know how), etc. Periodically we may coordinate an effort together to spam the network full of transactions but that's about it. Basically use it as if you were using it for real Smiley

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me or ask the questions in the slack. We will be more than happy to answer any questions!

Thanks for your Time!
BryanK
cedlemercier

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:27:53 PM

*THIS SHOULD GET PEOPLE EXCITED!!!!!!!!!*

The following block is number 197 straight off the testnet. Oh, what does 1097 mean?!?  That is the number of transactions within the block!

197    4073fe5a0572fd04…    2(XtraBabY)    2017-Aug-22 23:09:42    1097 · 519923744736.00

http://testnet.xtrabytes.global/?4073fe5a0572fd0430d588480f315a6976aa722e4e680e927faec0612aa5016d

This is only the beginning and full stress testing has not even started.  Shocked

Hack Testnet challenge, my 5,000xby to the first person to find a confirmed vulnerability that is not previously known to the dev team. In other words, a zero-day.

Ah yes. Thank you Secure -- I meant to mention this in my post as well. The size of these blocks easily compare against a BTC block. Our testnet is handling these with no problem!
[/quote]
stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:54:10 PM

Merci Cedric!
cedlemercier

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:38:48 PM

Let's go!   Cool
cedlemercier

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:09:52 PM

XBY being Recommended as a Must-Buy in this Article below
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrencies/@niklasmato/crypto-investment-tips-for-the-end-of-august-2017
cedlemercier

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:29:41 AM

cedlemercier

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:30:18 AM

cedlemercier

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:30:42 AM

XBY being Recommended as a Must-Buy in this Article below
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrencies/@niklasmato/crypto-investment-tips-for-the-end-of-august-2017
cedlemercier

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:31:16 AM

How the XtraBYtes Blockchain works.
As introduction XtraBYtes is a newly invented algorithm that does not require any traditional type of mining support, such as: POW or POS. We have created something called Proof of Signature (POSign)which ensures that 100% of all blocks will be signed by the system when they occur. The blocks are signed by the network of Master Nodes after verifying the transactions in the block.
Typical P2P Networks work something like this……

https://medium.com/@xxxxxxxddfeutt/how-the-xtrabytes-blockchain-works-69979081bf42

XBY: Unique project and great opportunity at this price !
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: