Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:45:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: red pulse ICO worth it?  (Read 41719 times)
spamator

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:03:35 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2017, 09:47:12 AM by spamator

To get it straight... to get NEO you need myetherwallet (EDIT: I did mistake it with qtum...)? NEO is about 1000 RPX. So it's not about buying RXP but to buy NEO cause NEO give you gas? If so what is the market/exchange that I can buy NEO on, will it be available for $ or btc/ltc/other crypto?

NEO is an idea, and RPX is some kind of money for it? What the hell is this NEO (the idea behing it - more than "research content platform")? Is there any link to info cause there is non on main page of the project (technical).
freo

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:44:55 AM

NEO has nothing to do with myetherwallet.  It has its own wallet and is not associated with ETH at all

Bananadoodle

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:48:36 AM

I hope ico only for the Chinese banned? Or has it been canceled for all?

Wat?

I heard that the red pulse was canceled altogether. I hope this rumor and only the Chinese can not participate in it

Not cancelled altogether
Just banning Chinese citizens from buying
r0bb0

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:48:52 AM

I hope ico only for the Chinese banned? Or has it been canceled for all?

Just Chinese banned, similar to Americans banned from some. Does this mean the end for NEO though?
spamator

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:07:02 AM

@freo got it, thanks foe explanation. Could somebody explain, why should I trade NEO for RPX if it (neo) give me gas?
freo

Activity: 205

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:29:47 AM

Im personally going to hold my NEO but you could speculate that now the Chinese cannot participate in the ICO the demand post-ico will be huge from the chinese investors looking to get in.

r0bb0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:21:29 AM

Im personally going to hold my NEO but you could speculate that now the Chinese cannot participate in the ICO the demand post-ico will be huge from the chinese investors looking to get in.

Ahh good point, is that how it works legally in America too? As in the SEC has no problem with you buying securities as long as its not in the ICO / IPO?
joae1975

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:25:01 AM

Ahh good point, is that how it works legally in America too? As in the SEC has no problem with you buying securities as long as its not in the ICO / IPO?
just use a VPN.  I buy restricted ico's all the time

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
SmartBillions

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 08:34:36 AM

Yeah, I'm wondering if it's ever going to affect Red Pulse that much. It's fully Chinese project tho.
guillzini

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:43:21 AM

You never run into a KYC form when you try to get your coins out?
joae1975

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:56:16 AM

just use a VPN.  I buy restricted ico's all the time

No, it's just statement to cover their asses.

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
thangoffshore

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:01:04 AM

Never heard of it.

The website just requested us to mark that we are not U.S. citizens or not representative of them. The coins/tokens will normally be automatically transferred to ICO attendees wallet by smart contract.

kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:13:54 AM

To get it straight... to get NEO you need myetherwallet? ! NEO is about 1000 RPX. So it's not about buying RXP but to buy NEO cause NEO give you gas? If so what is the market/exchange that I can buy NEO on, will it be available for $ or btc/ltc/other crypto?

NEO i an idea and RPX is some kind of money for it? What the hell is this NEO (the idea behing it - more than "research content platform")? Is there any link to info cause there is non on main page of the project (technical).

But some research on your own you want to do or like to throw your money out of the window, or just ask for advice on a forum and really accept all that we say!

For ICO banned from the Chinese is not a problem: the wisest will use a vpn while others will buy when it's on trading (as do Americans).
All this is good for all of us who want to do ICO.
r0bb0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:27:23 AM

I'm not American so it doesn't affect me I was trying to see how it would work for Chinese. Anyone know if VPNs popular in China?
spamator

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:34:18 AM

To get it straight... to get NEO you need myetherwallet? ! NEO is about 1000 RPX. So it's not about buying RXP but to buy NEO cause NEO give you gas? If so what is the market/exchange that I can buy NEO on, will it be available for $ or btc/ltc/other crypto?

NEO i an idea and RPX is some kind of money for it? What the hell is this NEO (the idea behing it - more than "research content platform")? Is there any link to info cause there is non on main page of the project (technical).

But some research on your own you want to do or like to throw your money out of the window, or just ask for advice on a forum and really accept all that we say!

For ICO banned from the Chinese is not a problem: the wisest will use a vpn while others will buy when it's on trading (as do Americans).

I'm not throwing ANY money until I understand how it works, know downside and upside of the project, so that why I ask here. I honestly don't have much time besides work so I can't read write papers atm. I hoped that somebody who know more then me throw some info. It's always easier to get the subject if you know more or less what are you reading about.

My question - "Could somebody explain, why should I trade NEO for RPX if it (neo) give me gas?" is still open. Why you would want to buy RPX (for longer term) if NEO give you gas and you can buy RPX for it? OR it's working they way that 1 NEO = 1000RPX and they give you gas either? Or you do it cause +30% first day, and want to sell them for NEO + profit? Or maybe you know some Chinese company who will need RPX, but then why they just don't buy NEO and get gas? What kind of company will use this platform, to gain exactly what?
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:01:17 AM

I'm not throwing ANY money until I understand how it works, know downside and upside of the project, so that why I ask here. I honestly don't have much time besides work so I can't read write papers atm. I hoped that somebody who know more then me throw some info. It's always easier to get the subject if you know more or less what are you reading about.

My question - "Could somebody explain, why should I trade NEO for RPX if it (neo) give me gas?" is still open. Why you would want to buy RPX (for longer term) if NEO give you gas and you can buy RPX for it? OR it's working they way that 1 NEO = 1000RPX and they give you gas either? Or you do it cause +30% first day, and want to sell them for NEO + profit? Or maybe you know some Chinese company who will need RPX, but then why they just don't buy NEO and get gas? What kind of company will use this platform, to gain exactly what?

I believe that before you invest money in the Crypto world you should read and study first, because otherwise you will hurt yourself. You are VERY confused about MANY arguments!
This is just one of my thoughts.
Best wishes  Wink
Sikka157

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:49:55 AM

Never heard of it.

The website just requested us to mark that we are not U.S. citizens or not representative of them. The coins/tokens will normally be automatically transferred to ICO attendees wallet by smart contract.
Actually they said they are going to verify that before the ICO. I asked the same question to the Red Pulse team member yesterday and he said they will be asking for passport or any other national id to make sure the person buying during the ICO is not from the banned countries. Dont know if they will actually do that but he said so.
guillzini

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:29:46 PM

Never heard of it.

Actually they said they are going to verify that before the ICO. I asked the same question to the Red Pulse team member yesterday and he said they will be asking for passport or any other national id to make sure the person buying during the ICO is not from the banned countries. Dont know if they will actually do that but he said so.

If they're going to do it, it's fair to do so beforehand so you can't participate to begin with.

I've participated in an ICO where they delegated the coin to their web wallet and when I tried to send out, they hit me with a KYC form (asking ID and utility bill etc). If you used a VPN to get in, you're screwed at that point: they got your money and your coins are stuck.

I don't know how Red Pulse is delegating their coins, but be aware that this could happen.
JohnDoe3490

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:36:13 PM

I don't know why I would invest in a Chinese ICO that is built on something called the Chinese ethereum where Chinese citizens can't participate. Am I missing something?
guillzini

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:21:11 PM

I don't know why I would invest in a Chinese ICO that is built on something called the Chinese ethereum where Chinese citizens can't participate. Am I missing something?

I'm not here to promote the ICO, but there could be a lot of reasons to invest in this. What's important is if the project seems solid to your standard, it's a reason to invest.

The ICO is from a Chinese company, yes, but they operate globally. It's build on the so-called 'Chinese ethereum'. This is just a label put on the project. It just means it's the equivalent to ethereum by a company that focused on the Chinese market and was able to better penetrate that market. China is a different market and a beast of a market at that. It's not that easy to penetrate, but if you do, it's very lucrative.

That Chinese citizens are banned from the ICO is a point that's debatable if you ask me. Just because they can't participate in the ICO, doesn't mean they are prohibited from buying the coin when it hits exchanges. This could raise its price. If this will happen, who knows? No one knows what Chinese regulators are planning to do, but all in all, you have to do your due diligence and see if you want to risk your money on this one.

On a last note, I do believe NEO would love to see it's first ICO be successful...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: