Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:53:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin Cash have a chance at overtaking Bitcoin?  (Read 2590 times)
Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:33:36 AM

Anybody else getting worried that this may be a possibility?  Huh

Long term, no. But we could be travelling a pretty rocky road for the coming weeks and months. Rolling out BCH as an opt-in airdrop was much smarter than the Bitcoin Unlimited route. Now instead of trying to manipulate public opinion, BCH's backers (like Bitmain) can manipulate the markets by pumping the price (and/or dumping BTC's price). And they can manipulate the hash rate, too. It's gonna be a fun few months. Then we have the November fork, too! Tongue
Short and Long term BCH will have zero impact because it's just Roger Ver bleeeding his money faking volume but he cannot fake 8 megabyte blocks. BCH is game over in ~8 weeks as the scam becomes plain as day...
cubevtc

Activity: 496
Merit: 250

Ceck me in livestream twith

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 09:37:23 AM

Bitcoin cash for sure cant change btc way not worry btc go at 10000 thjs years so go and investing in btc right

Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:58:37 AM

overtaking bitcoin which mean bitcoin cash will surpassing bitcoin from popularity and the price too but currently still impossible for bitcoin cash because the price of bitcoin still pretty high but if bitcoin cash could survive at least for next 4 or 5 years i think it's possible
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 10:19:04 AM

why worried?
even if by a miracle bitcoin cash found a chance of growing big, that doesn't change anything about bitcoin! bitcoin will still be bitcoin and as strong.

and that chance will never happen though. BCC is not exactly something that people want.

--looking for signature--
nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:21:38 AM

No. Bitcoin is the current king, even the best altcoin alone can not afford to be able to approach it. I think it will last for several years. Because bitcoin here already has a strong position, be it from the investors and technology they use now.

Seansky

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:26:01 AM

No. Bitcoin is the current king, even the best altcoin alone can not afford to be able to approach it. I think it will last for several years. Because bitcoin here already has a strong position, be it from the investors and technology they use now.
Even if bitcoin is the current king, there is a possibility of it being overtaken by an altcoin soon but the chance is low. If one altcoin were to overtake it though I believe that bitcoincash doesnt have a chance because it is a bitcoin clone. Since it is a clone there is a high chance of it not overtaking bitcoin but still it would be useful to have atm. It's price now is quite high IMO for a clone to have a high price is a good sign that it will be good for long term too like bitcoin.
wellsontheja

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:46:31 AM

Chance is still exist but it's hard to BCH can overtaking BTC it's all Depending on the investor's confidence and the developer of the coin itself
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 10:49:31 AM

Under normal scenario, the chances are quite low. But if something bad happens with Bitcoin, then there can be a chance for BCH. For example, if there is no consensus for the November implementation of 2MB block size, then the exchange rates of BTC can drop. And this could be followed by a rise in exchange rates for Bitcoin Cash.
RedNovember

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:52:28 AM

I mean bitcoin maximalists will say bitcoin is the only thing that matters but we can see from the success of alt coins that bitcoin is not the only game in town.

Persoanlly not looking forward to ongoing success of bitcoin cash because the owners of it are wack. That Roger dude and his miner buddies only act on greed, not on a revolutionary technology. They don't believe in what this technology can do
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:56:33 AM

Bitcoin cash has been introduce but it seems the market does not give so much support for it so I think there is no chance for it to overtake bitcoin and will never be
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:20:38 AM

Long term, no. But we could be travelling a pretty rocky road for the coming weeks and months. Rolling out BCH as an opt-in airdrop was much smarter than the Bitcoin Unlimited route. Now instead of trying to manipulate public opinion, BCH's backers (like Bitmain) can manipulate the markets by pumping the price (and/or dumping BTC's price). And they can manipulate the hash rate, too. It's gonna be a fun few months. Then we have the November fork, too! Tongue
Short and Long term BCH will have zero impact because it's just Roger Ver bleeeding his money faking volume but he cannot fake 8 megabyte blocks. BCH is game over in ~8 weeks as the scam becomes plain as day...

I'm wondering is it really possible? I mean how much he loses per day if the trading volume of Bitcoin Cash reaches 2 billion sometimes? Not that I'm advocating BCH, but I think it's not only him who is responsible for the pump.
TheRakula

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:21:23 AM

I think there is no way that bitcoin cash does this. Simply if bitcoin cash price goes up, this happens because miners earn more profit by mining bitcoin cash. If it's get more valuable miners will head to bitcoin again. Bitcoin cash has no special feature for itself, it's just a clone of bitcoin. Why should people trust it?
Devilcheg

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:24:10 AM

I think no. Bitcoin no one will catch up, even his children. None of the coins has a chance to repeat the success of bitcoin. There may be coins that will be as popular and will have 50-75% of the cost of bitcoin, but this is only in the future.
bitjoin

Activity: 1372

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:30:36 AM

The volume is faked in Korea by Roger Ver.

Roger Ver owns most of the coins.

Most of the coins are owned by people who owned bitcoin pre aug 1st.  I doubt ver has more than a few hundred k Bcash, which is alot yes but its been reported he had 300k bitcoin anyway.  I should imagine a large % of people haven't touched their pre aug 1st bitcoin, probably like 80-90%. We have another potential fork coming also, just sit back and get rich off the forks imo.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:49:10 AM

Most of the coins are owned by people who owned bitcoin pre aug 1st.  I doubt ver has more than a few hundred k Bcash, which is alot yes but its been reported he had 300k bitcoin anyway.  I should imagine a large % of people haven't touched their pre aug 1st bitcoin, probably like 80-90%. We have another potential fork coming also, just sit back and get rich off the forks imo.

Some people have advocated for viewing potential future forks as a kind of dividend payment for holding Bitcoin.
I agree with this sentiment and intend to hold both (or all) chains if another chainsplit is happening in November.

Besides, it is important that you make sure you don´t lose funds in the process of a fork. Some people
have fallen for fake wallets or other scams in the turmoil of the BCH chainsplit.
Make sure you only use legitimate wallets in the case of a chainsplit  Wink
Bastime

Activity: 519

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:35:55 PM

Yes, for me there is a possibility because BitcoinCash can also be a successful as Bitcoin.
In technicality term: The most important difference between the two coins is that Bitcoin Cash allows for faster transaction times by using custom block sizing.
Bitcoin Cash has a block size with an 8-megabyte transaction limit while Bitcoin transactions are limited to 1-megabyte every 10 minutes or more.

In the real world, if Bitcoin Cash value will continue rise up then thats the time Bitcoin inverstor should be worry about what happens next.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

datodota002

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:39:06 PM

The Tx volume per block is about 30 KB.

What is Roger Ver going to do with the remaining unused 8 megabytes?

Unless Roger Ver can generate 8 MB blocks his smoke and mirrors house of cards will fall. ♥️

Nothing to see here...
where did u get this information??
wenzuo

Activity: 318

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:47:04 PM

i think its impossible, even if bcc surpass btc, then bcc will be btc, btc changed to bcc, btc is only one and No. 1

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
chesegrinder

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:14:22 PM

no worry about having bitcoin cash overtake bitcoin... it is not in time yet... but id speculation are meant true having Nov. Fork making it another split maybe thats the time investors and other holder of bitcoin are need to look after. but as of now bcc/bch are not a threat to btc. in addition BTC have much high value than bcc/bch.

olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:18:06 PM

Overtaking bitcoin will have to mean a lot of things and efforts to be out into play and this will only happen if the recognition given to bitcoin by supporters such as exchange sites, faucet sites, crypto news sites, financial websites, crypto blogs decides to withdraw their support and then dedicate that to BCC which will be interpreted to those coming in fresh to be the real btc. And if you ask me, the number outside is very much more than those already involved with bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: