Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:21:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin Cash have a chance at overtaking Bitcoin?  (Read 2590 times)
joosh

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:22:42 AM

Anybody else getting worried that this may be a possibility?  Huh
It depends on what philosophy (scaling on-chain vs scaling off-chain) gains more support by the community, we'll se how it develops.  I think it is possible for Bitcoin Cash to overtake Bitcoin Core, but I'm not worried about it since I'm not against the idea of having a Bitcoin with bigger blocks.
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:46:59 AM

There is no altcoin does stand a chance against btc, not before, not now, not in the future. Btc is more matured, trusted by many, well known, being used for how many years and the father of all coin. How many altcoin has been made and tried to overtake btc, a lot but they never had a chance to come close on where is btc now, on what btc has achieved.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:54:26 AM

There is no altcoin does stand a chance against btc, not before, not now, not in the future. Btc is more matured, trusted by many, well known, being used for how many years and the father of all coin. How many altcoin has been made and tried to overtake btc, a lot but they never had a chance to come close on where is btc now, on what btc has achieved.

I agree, bitcoin is the best and will always be. As far as I know, only one coin, Zcash initially was above BTC in price but that lasted only couple of days, right now Zcash is 0.059 BTC.

I think Bitcoin Cash will end up at 0.1 BTC and will stay at around that price in the future.
realhobo669

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:04:38 PM

No because people know bitcoin cash due to bitcoin.If bitcoin fail or out of track no chance for bitcoin cash.
One thing is sure there is huge crypto market,some other project may overtake bitcoin.
Bitforking

Activity: 145
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:14:23 PM

of course there is a chance, Bitcoin splits into BTC Segwit, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Segwitx2...then more likely forking on the way because forking is uncontrollable and forking if profitable (just add BTC and BCH now and you can see the instant profits)...you can imagine at the end of the road, they could be called Bitcoin Pieces...
moala

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

Moirai ICO starts on 10/11/2017

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:16:53 PM

If Bitcoin Cash ever overtakes Bitcoin, it will be quite surprising. But the volatility of BCC is amazing. For a moment it might cross BTC some day

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:18:28 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2017, 06:27:42 PM by JanpriX

Anybody else getting worried that this may be a possibility?  Huh

If we are talking about the possibility of it to be happening, the answer is somehow yes. As long as they have the solutions that are lacking in BTC right now, it can really happen. But I think that would be very bad for the cryptomarket. If that flipping did indeed push through, many people will lose faith to cryptocurrency itself as they are seeing BTC as the only "king" of the market. No one knows what will happen in the future but as of the moment, I'm just seeing Bitcoin cash as an altcoin which is very susceptible to pump and dump.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:22:13 PM

Each altcoin has an opportunity to overtake the bitcoin, more exactly overtake bitcoin market cap.
but it's hard to overtake bitcoin, because support for bitcoin is so strong
The opportunities are there but it is not easy to overtake bitcoin. and not all altcoins have this chance only the reputed coins will have this chance and they maybe overtake like ETH. Bitcoin cash is just a toy to make money in trading. it will not stand many days and people also only support Bitcoin, no one will support Bitcoin cash.

It's basically all the famous digital currencies have the opportunity to gain huge profits to outpace bitcoin, but one thing that does help us to earn a lot of profit is that we have to work hard, never give up, and always try. Nothing is more profitable than those 3 things, although the price is high but we can not play well then everything will be destroyed.Bitcoin cash is just the latest cryptocurrency and it's still very early to predict that it will beat the bitcoin. Because everything can sometimes turn around, so enjoy all the things we are getting and keep trying
Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:23:03 PM

No, because it is a coin created by miners for miners. The normal investor will end up as an bagholder.

But it is really easy to trade because of that issues. Have a look at the following link: https://twitter.com/oleganza/status/899727482634461185

Don't trust any exchange!
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:44:16 PM

Overtaking Bitcoin like how by replacing it's name with it? whatever you China men are smoking is pretty good, first you double your Bitcoins and then use shill accounts to shill the fack out of this forum and when you see that your alt coin is dying a painful death you turn to increasing your activities on several boards talking about something which will never have any chance to survive in the long run? you couldn't even hold $800 for 3 days, people just dumping on you when price goes up.

🖤😏
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:17:46 PM

If Bitcoin Cash ever overtakes Bitcoin, it will be quite surprising. But the volatility of BCC is amazing. For a moment it might cross BTC some day

"overtake" has a broad meaning in my opinion.

as far as usage and adoption as a real currency goes i can not see bitcoin cash doing anything. no business has backed them, there were always a small group of miners who forked it and then when it became profitable other miners jumped in and they will leave just as fast as soon as it becomes less profitable!

speaking of price, in lower levels it is all manipulation and pump and dump. it is done easily and you can see it in many altcoins out there. but after some numbers like above $1000, things change. it become a lot harder to proceed. pumping becomes impossible and at that point you need real adoption to maintain the price and as i said without any usage it won't last a minute.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
KluFf

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:26:13 PM

why are you going to get worried .
it wont overtake Bitcoin unless bitcoin get hack.
BTH is new you can say its pumping . as you can see BTH is new born Cryptocurrency so
and they maybe good in future or bad.
you can't say it now . that he can overtake it
but in range in this year its probably 1500$ to 2000$ .

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
nogoodcoin

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:48:59 PM

In my opinion, if you want to compare BCC with BTC giant, list its advantages first.Do not just call "I will beat BTC , but I have no advantage!"

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
lonelygrimm

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:04:58 PM

nope, but there is a possibility to overtake ethereum. Before bitcoin cash i'm worried too about this coin, is this really strong coin that they said can beat bitcoin cause better system with making the block larger for faster transactions, but as you can see there is nothing to worried about.

One thing i love from this coin is their roller coaster, it's really cool mate, first you dragged up to the sky and then they make your heart pumped LOL

roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:11:05 PM

nope, but there is a possibility to overtake ethereum. Before bitcoin cash i'm worried too about this coin, is this really strong coin that they said can beat bitcoin cause better system with making the block larger for faster transactions, but as you can see there is nothing to worried about.
ETH is a strong coin, but there is no big movement in price. After hitting $200+ increment in a single shot, it is stable in that place. So to overtake Bitcoin it needs min number of years. And that time i am not sure what is the Bitcoin price. It may go like a skyrocket. But BCH can overtake BTC price. This is not a famous coin, but it has the potentiality to hit big amount in short time. It will not stable in high price, but it may cross the BTC price.
Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:19:14 PM

No, BCH is a Roger Ver scam. Look at the blockchain Tx volume and LOL. They will now need small block size. Cheesy
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:24:27 PM

The possibility is always there. As of now, I am still sticking with bitcoin and I hope bitcoin will remain the one and only king of the crypto empire. If time will come that it is finally proven that Bitcoin Cash is much better than bitcoin then there is nothing to worry about. We choose what is best for us.
julslet84

Activity: 150
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:30:37 PM

i think that the bitcoin will be top of the list for a long long time. Even if bitcoin cash contains BTC in its name, there is no chance to overtake bitcoin.
But if we talk about other coins, there are a few strong altcoins which are already manifest itselfs. thats my opinion.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:57:55 PM

why are you going to get worried .
it wont overtake Bitcoin unless bitcoin get hack.
BTH is new you can say its pumping . as you can see BTH is new born Cryptocurrency so
and they maybe good in future or bad.
you can't say it now . that he can overtake it
but in range in this year its probably 1500$ to 2000$ .

What you forgot to mention is that Bitcoin is a she and not he, only Satoshi was a he which I doubt if he had any balls he would've showed up at least once unless he's really dead. put this to your skulls people, where is Bitcoin right now? it wont matter who is controlling it and why, what matters is that BTC is BTC and other coins are other coins. you can't magically move the majority to another chain and when it becomes the longer chain then start calling it BTC you can't do that,

🖤😏
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:48:39 PM

Although the majority now hold the opinion that the altcoyins are now much stronger, depend little on the bitcoin course, however, it is unlikely that they will be able to bypass bitcoin. In any case, in the near future. For bitcoin is not only a good team, but also the authority of the leader of the crypto currency, significant support of the community. Altkoinam in this regard should really try hard.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: