Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 12:24:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Miners - Please give Feathercoin (FTC) some love right now  (Read 1527 times)
justabitoftime

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:24:57 AM

The crypto nerds say FTC is dead, clearly it must be true. Smiley  Come visit our community and get a quick education... there's more than just this little bubble my friends.

kendog77 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:40:10 AM

Miners, please give [insert coin that I have lots of] some love!

If people aren't willing to mine to protect the value of the coins they own, they deserve for them to be worthless.
rosefox911

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:42:09 AM

If the currency cannot support itself then it should die. Why would I help put this coin on life-support?
r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:42:31 AM

Sending hashes your way.
kendog77 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:51:24 AM

If the currency cannot support itself then it should die. Why would I help put this coin on life-support?

From a purely selfish perspective, if you don't currently have any FTC, you shouldn't. 6572800 coins have already been mined, and someone has to have these coins at the moment.
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:05:52 AM

If people aren't willing to mine to protect the value of the coins they own, they deserve for them to be worthless.

I have quite a few FTC. I keep them on reserve for my game. But I'm not a miner.  Should non-miners have to become miners for a coin to succeed? It's not like one can just flick a switch and suddenly know how to do mining well. Some (day traders) like me simply have no idea what's involved with setting up the hardware, software for it, etc.

If FTC is going to die without novices botching together some hashes, then please tell me so I can just sell up.

To extend the argument further, should my grandfather have to learn about mining, to protect the value of his 2 btc?
kendog77 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:23:08 AM

I have quite a few FTC. I keep them on reserve for my game. But I'm not a miner.  Should non-miners have to become miners for a coin to succeed? It's not like one can just flick a switch and suddenly know how to do mining well. Some (day traders) like me simply have no idea what's involved with setting up the hardware, software for it, etc.

If FTC is going to die without novices botching together some hashes, then please tell me so I can just sell up.

To extend the argument further, should my grandfather have to learn about mining, to protect the value of his 2 btc?

The problem we're seeing with FTC is usually only a problem early in a coins life. I don't think anyone needs to become a miner to protect the value of their BTC because it is so well established.

Young coins are highly speculative and risky until the winners and losers are sorted out.
lishbtc

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:29:36 AM

FTC is one of the few alts that has an active community & so I'm happy to help out.  With that said, us miners also need to go where the profit is to keep things economical (especially here in Aus when I'm paying $0.30 per KWH!)

Pointing 1Mh/s at it for a little while to help speed up the trip to 33000 (about a third of my mining capability, the rest stays on WDC Tongue)

Cheers

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: