Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:21:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin Price  (Read 2606 times)
CryptoJunky

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 09:58:49 PM

I hope it goes up in value soon. After recent difficulty rises my profit has plummeted. I've been looking into mining some of the new alt-coins instead.

Just be careful with what coins you choose and do your research. If the 'alt' coin hasn't had its source code reviewed/validated then there is always the possibility of built in malware. I'd recommend running them in a virtual machine if possible.

I mine new alt coins as well, there is just risk there. Many of them end up failing.

Kennji

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Mine Litecoins.

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:14:39 PM

my 2 cents;  i believe it will.  superstitions aside, i think that eventually they will rise once the Btc mining gets too competitive and gpu mining becomes obsolete.

I agree with this the most so far on this thread.

A lot of 1-3 post guys who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about lol

But yeah, BTC is gonna go ape shit once ASIC finally comes out and LTC is the only alt coin that has stayed around this long and will continue to stay around.

There are starting to be more LTC gambling sites (HUGE to the life of a coin) and BTC is gonna be so hard to get when people will have terahash mining farms of asic.

LTC will be the popular coin for GPU and CPU mining.

LTC is here to stay.

It will always be the silver to BTC gold.

LTC - LKcrBEAbuW85obSbHnmw7y8XWWufWqjsxx
BTC - 1JseeJ4h2XsShmaj1ci2J3kWA6qhCfj52U
Kennji

Mine Litecoins.

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:15:13 PM

I hope it goes up in value soon. After recent difficulty rises my profit has plummeted. I've been looking into mining some of the new alt-coins instead.

Just be careful with what coins you choose and do your research. If the 'alt' coin hasn't had its source code reviewed/validated then there is always the possibility of built in malware. I'd recommend running them in a virtual machine if possible.

I mine new alt coins as well, there is just risk there. Many of them end up failing.

The ONLY alt coin I will mine is LTC.  And a lot of people agree.

Long live LTC!

Francesco

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:24:35 PM

I have bought Litecoin in the hope that after all this alt-coin chaos people will turn to the only established alt  Smiley

(oh, and I bought some PPC too, since it's the only remotely innovative)
Kennji

Mine Litecoins.

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:26:25 PM

I have bought Litecoin in the hope that after all this alt-coin chaos people will turn to the only established alt  Smiley

(oh, and I bought some PPC too, since it's the only remotely innovative)

It will be the ONLY one that makes it.  In my opinion.

Other than maybe China Coin.  If that is even still alive.

theonlyfox

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:30:39 PM

LTC currently is the only accepted alt-coin.  The other coins were mine and whines for those that didn't sell immediately.  LTC will continue to keep its current pace with BTC .025 to .033 ratio till it is accepted at some retailers.  (Yes some retailers accept LTC but they are very few compared to BTC).
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:35:22 PM

LTC currently is the only accepted alt-coin.  The other coins were mine and whines for those that didn't sell immediately.  LTC will continue to keep its current pace with BTC .025 to .033 ratio till it is accepted at some retailers.  (Yes some retailers accept LTC but they are very few compared to BTC).

Here is a compiling list of litecoin accepting places.

https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,1365.0.html

Personally, I bought a powered adapter with litecoin from cablesaurus, it went smooth and quick.
Kennji

Mine Litecoins.

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:42:17 PM

LTC currently is the only accepted alt-coin.  The other coins were mine and whines for those that didn't sell immediately.  LTC will continue to keep its current pace with BTC .025 to .033 ratio till it is accepted at some retailers.  (Yes some retailers accept LTC but they are very few compared to BTC).

Personally, I bought a powered adapter with litecoin from cablesaurus, it went smooth and quick.

Reddit has a huge section for LTC too.

LTC is the only alt coin that will make it.

LTC is here to stay.

Xuxu911

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:46:29 PM

Hope

Xuxu911 reputation thread : Trust
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=214803.new#new
LTC: LMbUV14Ln3yoTcAqiA8dTfNzhx3J1ss2Y8
theonlyfox

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:49:54 PM

Yes sir, the list is definitely growing  Wink
keccak512

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:58:04 PM

LTC could reach double digits if it ever is listen on Mt Gox.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:22:24 AM

Litecoin will never be worth more that 25% of whatever the current market price Bitcoin will be at. This is because there is four times more LTC that can ever be mined (84 million), and you can mine four times as many blocks in a given amount of time compared to Bitcoin. Assuming Litecoin became as popular as Bitcoin and they were equals, it would be traded at 1/4th of Bitcoin's worth.

So as of right now, Litecoin has the potential to reach up to ~$30 right now. But due to it not being as popular, it's only at ~$3. If Bitcoin hit $1k. I can almost guarantee that Litecoin would be traded for $40+. We "may" see $10 towards the beginning of 2014.

But that's all just my opinion/speculation. I am not an economist. And I'm sure there is many other things to factor in. Such as "what happens if Bitcoin fails somehow?", etc. I bought a bunch at $0.04, and my invest went up 75 fold.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 01:25:49 AM

Hello guys, I have one question LTC is worth 3$ at the moment do you think will ever reach 20$ ? Smiley

If I can go to the grocery store and spend LTC the price would go up to $20 rather quickly.

If I can spend LTC at large chain stores the price would defiantly hit $20.

If LTC remains a Crypto-Currency not a real world currency how is worth $20?

wmuplayer

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:35:08 AM

Speculation could drive LTC to $20 within a year, but that would just be a temporary bubble.  The true value (being able to use the currency at more websites and stores) of LTC will go up at a much slower pace than that.
42davidsmith42

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:38:47 AM

I think lite coin will be $10+ by the end of the year. Difficulty will soar with the ASICs for bitcion and the gpu miners will migrate.  Higher difficulty usually means higher prices. 
btcvenezuelanuser

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:03:50 AM

Hello guys, I have one question LTC is worth 3$ at the moment do you think will ever reach 20$ ? Smiley

Nope.
CryptoJunky

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 05:02:42 AM

Some have said that Litecoin getting onto gox would be big for it. There's supposed to be a new US based exchange coming online shortly, coinMKT.com, that will be exchanging BTC, LTC and several other cryptocurrencies. If this exchange ends up being well put together, it could have a similar effect on price as the increased liquidity could help drive the LTC price up.

Pokerfan

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:28:37 AM

Yes, litecoin will reach around 1/4 price of bitcoin. So at least $30, easy.
pumi

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:56:46 AM

I'm waiting for 0.25 BTC.  Smiley
MitchB

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 08:07:32 AM

It probably will, eventually.  I don't think it will for a few months, though.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: