Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:28:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Devtome: Get Hundreds of Thousands of free Devcoins for writing  (Read 44757 times)
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:54:29 PM

Wiser/Cryptopi: it's 97,300. I first thought it was 97k so that may have been me - discussion on it - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg2656287#msg2656287).

The share file is 'receiver_summary.txt' here currently 534 = 337,079 dvc

More info on devtome statistics and payment info is now here: Devtome Stats

Elmore ASIC: interest and signups are growing so the current round payout share of 337k dvc is dynamic as a function of submissions, but if you're open to proving yourself wrong and earning dvc take a read here - http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin & http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=earn_devcoins_by_writing
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 05:49:08 PM

I'm writing again, and it look like Devtome is about 10x as active as before. lol
All the threads and videos paid off, and I'm sure there has been plenty more made/added since I left.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:41:46 AM

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

If you ever want to make the coins you have stashed more valuable, what you need to do is this:

When you earn your coins (let's say 5,000,000) save 1 million in a wallet. Sell 4 million to make money. Then spend the money from 2 million of those coins, to buy 1 million coins at 2x the price. Now your coins are more valuable Smiley
[/b][/u][/size]

Incase anyone missed this Smiley

That doesnt really work. It will work for the very short term, but to sustain a higher value people have to continually buy at the higher price. Then there is a problem with scarcity. Devcoin is not scarce, nor is it hard to obtain. Then, on top of all of it, to support a higher price, everyone that is selling any tangible goods for Devcoins would also need to raise the price, and this is very important...hold the higher price through the downward adjustment of price (in between inflated purchase costs on exchanges that you suggest)

In doing so, the sellers have to have a vested interest in higher Devcoin prices. Unless they are heavily invested in it there is no incentive for them to hold out higher prices for tangible goods while the price goes back down (immediately after the inflated buys on exchanges). ANd that needs to be 100% of the people holding out. If one or two say "Why am I overcharging for products on Devcoins?" and decides to adjust, will kill the whole idea. If Devcoins are kept artificially high, it will only give tremendous incentive for everyone else to use other coins. After all, they will get more for their money.

So, even if we got 99% of the Devcoin community to buy back Devcoins at an inflated/manufactured higher cost. It would most likely trigger a flight from Devcoin. If the scheme was even partially successful, people would lose faith and trust in the coin. Now, a coin that is 1) not scarce, 2) not in demand, 3) artificially overpriced, 4) and now has less buying power, would, if the plan succeeds, collapse the coin.

Matter of fact, this is the best possible way to kill a coin. Unfortunately, when it comes to economics, the most two most important laws are:

1) The law of unintended consequences

2) Murphy's Law

Smiley

PS-I like Devcoin. I think it has a cool structure and I like the idea that it is starting to settle in as the default payment method for web contributions. But the best bet is to let everything happen naturally. The best thing for Devcoin is to let it take the role of being the internet's "content contribution currency". That will do more for the price than any type of price engineering could ever possibly do.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 04:00:38 PM

That doesnt really work. It will work for the very short term, but to sustain a higher value people have to continually buy at the higher price.

I was just making a generalized statement that ANYONE could accomplish.

If you REALLY want to see the price of a coin rise, start accepting the coin in your store, or for your services. Or create a use for the coin.

But if you want to do something so you can see the market go up (and that will keep the market up if everyone does it) follow what is in bold.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 12:05:03 AM

This website is still running if anyone is wondering.

Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:57:55 AM

And in order to join I have to send 50 words of my first article that I plan on writing to the Bitcointalk member "Fuzzy Bear" Huh

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:20:19 PM

And in order to join I have to send 50 words of my first article that I plan on writing to the Bitcointalk member "Fuzzy Bear" Huh

It's not fuzzy bear any more. Read this thread for newer information about how to sign up:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294953.0;all

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:28:00 PM

Also, remember:

Devcoins are also good to BUY not just to earn

You can currently get 2.5 Million DVC for 1 BTC
2 Months ago you could trade 1 Million DVC for 1 BTC

If you trade 1 BTC for 2.5 M and wait 2 months, you might be able to get 2.5 BTC for 1 BTC all it takes is for Devcoin to get a little more popular and the price will rise. And buying 2.5 M DVC at market price would definitely help that happen as well.

alex0909

Activity: 261

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 02:59:24 PM

Also, remember:

If you trade 1 BTC for 2.5 M and wait 2 months, you might be able to get 2.5 BTC for 1 BTC all it takes is for Devcoin to get a little more popular and the price will rise. And buying 2.5 M DVC at market price would definitely help that happen as well.

Proof? Two months ago i only see 0.75 btc per 1 million DVC. And guess what, it won't go back up like this in a near future. Thanks for your misleading information.

My source : Vircurex.

Please be precise when you try to convince people.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 03:02:21 PM

Also, remember:

Proof? Two months ago i only see 0.75 btc per 1 million DVC. And guess what, it won't go back up like this in a near future. Thanks for your misleading information.

Whatever, look three months back then. It was NOT that long ago. You are trolling.

shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 03:13:57 PM

Also, remember:

THIS^^

Sorry FinShaggy but he's right. Funny thing, the drop in DVC started about 3 months back, around the time you wanted to "Correct the Markets." You went offline for a couple months for personal stuff and it just kept on "correcting."

Truth is, the good money to be made by submitting to Devtome has come and gone and thanks to your multiple threads like this will continue to get diluted to the point of worthlessness. Devtome doesn't need more writers as much as it needs better content. There are 5+ billion DVC out there, for it to be worth any more there would need to be either a sudden mass interest in it (nope) or a drop in the amount of coins being produced (nope).

Pointless promotion (i.e.: Youtube videos making ludicrous claims) makes no sense, there's not going to be any $10 devcoins, maaaan.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 03:16:05 PM

Also, remember:

THIS^^

Sorry FinShaggy but he's right. Funny thing, the drop in DVC started about 3 months back, around the time you wanted to "Correct the Markets." You went offline for a couple months for personal stuff and it just kept on "correcting."

Whatever. That's also when tons of new authors joined, and apparently someone decided to dump out of DVC because of the smaller shares.

That doesn't hurt Devcoin in the long run, it just makes it where more people can afford the coin.

It will go back up, I'm not worried about haters hating. That's what you do.

shakezula

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 03:22:25 PM

No hate here, just stating the obvious. More coins = less value. Your constant pleading of "its gonna go back up," isn't going to make it go back up.

I am a full DVC supporter, I buy them, mine them, and invest them. I am most certainly not a hater of DVC but personally, I think your "efforts" actually hinder DVC's progress.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 03:27:02 PM

No hate here, just stating the obvious. More coins = less value. Your constant pleading of "its gonna go back up," isn't going to make it go back up.

I am a full DVC supporter, I buy them, mine them, and invest them. I am most certainly not a hater of DVC but personally, I think your "efforts" actually hinder DVC's progress.

More coins equals less value... Then why are you against me telling new people to come. When new people come, shares get smaller, the view of coins becomes that they are more valuable.

I honestly don't see what your problem is, if you are not hating then why can't you accept my responses when I just state the obvious right back?

And that's what I meant by haters, you are hating on me. And that's fine. Haters gonna hate. I'm not hurting Devcoin, I'm just hurting your feelings some how and I don't really understand how that is happening.

shakezula

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 03:34:37 PM

More coins equals less value... Then why are you against me telling new people to come. When new people come, shares get smaller, the view of coins becomes that they are more valuable.

I honestly don't see what your problem is, if you are not hating then why can't you accept my responses when I just state the obvious right back?

And that's what I meant by haters, you are hating on me. And that's fine. Haters gonna hate. I'm not hurting Devcoin, I'm just hurting your feelings some how and I don't really understand how that is happening.

Oh that's right, you're in to personalizing everything. Ok, then sure, this is about YOU. You're a jackass and your constant whining and bitching and trying to appear intelligent makes most of us laugh to ourselves. Of course those of us who take the time to converse with you are all against you! Jeesh man, thicken up a bit.

DVC's value is DOWN because there's no REAL incentive for it to rise. The coin's sheer numbers and ease of collection make it nearly worthless to anyone who'd consider it an "investment." DVC is a brilliant idea, but no amount of stoners and 4-Loko drinking skanks making Youtube videos is going to ever increase its value to the point you can get another Xbox. Face that fact and stop making all these worthless threads.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 03:35:59 PM

Next post of yours:

Oh that's right, you're in to personalizing everything.

I didn't personalize it, you did. Why are you so butt hurt?

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 05:44:26 PM

Give it up, your just jealous! let him contribute... ever since he came back the dvc threads are lively... before there were no posts for days sometimes! Go kick around a can or something... hes doing more to help than you .
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 06:01:03 PM

Give it up, your just jealous! let him contribute... ever since he came back the dvc threads are lively... before there were no posts for days sometimes! Go kick around a can or something... hes doing more to help than you .

Thank you. I don't want to argue, but I'm not hurting anything, I don't understand the hostility around here (not you).

alex0909

Activity: 261

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:23:22 PM

I agree, it's counterproductive. I was building a website for devcoin, an interface where developpers could be paid for small jobs like designs/websites/coding. But i lost all faith in this coin because of some factors that i won't produce here.

I have a few millions and i am a long term holder, but with 7 billion coins in a few months, with only a few going to miners and NONE going to developpers ( apart from bounty's) can you really call it ''devcoin''.

I don't call writers developpers, sorry.

And again, i don't like your way of spamming to promote devcoin. I am not the first one to state this fact. It bothers you, i don't care.

Check the last pages of the devcoin thread, more than 1/3 of the posts are yours, how can that show that more than a few people are interested in the coin. I've got nothing against you, but i've got something against your way of promoting devcoin.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:15:35 PM

I agree, it's counterproductive. I was building a website for devcoin, an interface where developpers could be paid for small jobs like designs/websites/coding. But i lost all faith in this coin because of some factors that i won't produce here.

I have a few millions and i am a long term holder, but with 7 billion coins in a few months, with only a few going to miners and NONE going to developpers ( apart from bounty's) can you really call it ''devcoin''.

I don't call writers developpers, sorry.

And again, i don't like your way of spamming to promote devcoin. I am not the first one to state this fact. It bothers you, i don't care.

Check the last pages of the devcoin thread, more than 1/3 of the posts are yours, how can that show that more than a few people are interested in the coin. I've got nothing against you, but i've got something against your way of promoting devcoin.

Think about it this way, the price is indicative of the state of the coin, in other words the fact that there is nothing "going on" is why the price is where its at. If it had something going for it, the price would have shown and your buying price would have been higher aswell. The idea is to invest in things that have long term potential and buy low. You can't get much lower here, so ifyou think its "never" going to happen then it may stay at this price but as soon as there is potential the market is forward looking and it will begin to price this potential in.

Markets are always forward looking, so thats why its appealing to me because maybe I see value in something that the market does not "yet" which is where most of the money is made in any investment (smart money knowing things ahead of time)... I just hope it turns out to be true.

With technicals/fundamentals of the coin I see it could happen. The market for developers is huge and even a small % of interest would cause a huge spike, I don't see a slow steady rise but big giant spikes because of the price being so low (isnt 0 satoishi the floor?)...

The only thing that is needed is a good marketplace to buy things with your devcoins... the idea you had was excellent and had you completed it maybe it would have reflected in price by now but you gave up which was unfortunate. Good things happen to those who have patience and don't lose faith just because it isn't "going your way".. if nothing changed fundamentally chances are you will kick yourself when the boat sails and its too late.

If a designer was offered work for DVC that would force the owner of the work to buy devcoins at the market rate or use what he had making them more precious, the developer would either a) sell for paycheck or b) hold as investment or c) exchange for goods in the marketplace or d) combination of all... this is the ideal scenario and they both go hand in hand, the marketplace and the website idea you had.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: