Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 11:25:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get BCH from my existing Bitcoins?  (Read 1291 times)
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:49:30 AM

Hi All,

On August 1st, the Blockchain splitting occurred. I know that some Bitcoin exchangers automatically credited the accounts of users with equal number of Bitcoin Cash coins (BCH) as they had Bitcoin.

However, I wanted to know that if I have some Bitcoins on my local computer. I have the complete wallet and I own my private keys. In that case, can I do something now to get those BCH as well?

I am using Bitcoin Core version: 0.13.1.0 and the last time I opened my wallet was before the Blockchain splitting occurred.

Thanks.
I know some people moved their Bitcoins to Coinbase, and after the August 1st split, they were all given equivalent amount of BitcoinCash which some of them withdrew immediately to a Bitcoin-Cash-Only wallets. I never had interest, so I didn’t do it. Although, Coinbase has said they won’t e accepting BCH anymore.
BitcoinReseller

Activity: 386
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:04:25 AM

you can check how much BCC you have, click here for tutorial :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2078292.0

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:32:11 PM

Quick Question:

Should I make a backup of the Bitcoin wallet before transferring Bitcoins to a fresh new Bitcoin wallet?

Let's say I have a original wallet (let's say wallet_1) with BTC. And I transfer the BTC to a new wallet (let's say wallet_2). Now, after transferring, I use the wallet_1 file and import into BCH wallet. Will it work?

Because each time I transfer BTC from the original wallet (wallet_1) to new wallet (wallet_2), there will be modifications made to the wallet. Details of new transactions will be stored in it. So, when the original wallet is imported into Bitcoin Cash wallet, will it still assign me BCH?

Yeah, make a backup of your wallet first. When in doubt always make a backup, it can't hurt.
I assume it would be fine either way, but it is definitely cleaner to place an original wallet in BCH, then you wouldn't have those transactions recorded in your wallet, which should just be invalid transactions when placed in a BCH client, since they shouldn't exist on BCH blockchain.
musbeto

Activity: 75
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:06:05 PM

Hi All,

On August 1st, the Blockchain splitting occurred. I know that some Bitcoin exchangers automatically credited the accounts of users with equal number of Bitcoin Cash coins (BCH) as they had Bitcoin.

However, I wanted to know that if I have some Bitcoins on my local computer. I have the complete wallet and I own my private keys. In that case, can I do something now to get those BCH as well?

I am using Bitcoin Core version: 0.13.1.0 and the last time I opened my wallet was before the Blockchain splitting occurred.

Thanks.
I've seen it in bitcoin Ddscussion and have tutorials to get it but now my ears can not find it to link toppic  for you
You can looking it for    bitcoin discussion.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: