Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:53:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] 5+ Cards in a rig & MINING GUIDE  (Read 11687 times)
YipYip (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:46:32 AM

Hi all.

Just received my USB PC Watchdog card from Berkshire Products, great little tool and worth every cent.

I found that because my rig is under such load and very laggy the "heart beat " program running on the rig would not respond within the correct time frame, multiple tests confirmed this over a 12 hour period.

The solution was very simple, the program can turn a . exe program into the "Heart Beat" (.exe to monitor) , one is able set cgminer.exe as the "Heart Beat" and because cgminer.exe is blazing away (always on) it keeps the USB PC Watchdog card timer from resetting the rig, as soon as cgminer.exe hangs/crashes or locks up in anyway the Card then Resets the Rig.

Will be implementing these across all my rigs.

Just my two bitcents worth.

Really cool cards KISS .. Cheesy

Will implement mine along the same lines as yourself.. nice touch

I am hacking away with raspberry PI and relay switch's but this has turned into a complete love afair with teh PI itself and not actually solving the problem...lol

I have ordered another 20 units from these guys as the commercial solution to this problem Cheesy

Great solution for ~$65 a unit

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YipYip (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:28:58 AM

Hi YipYip,

I have a question about your intake/Exhaust system.

I live in Venezuela, and the temps outside are 95F.

For 12 rigs with 4 x 7970 each one, I use 60.000 BTU of air conditioner (without exhaust.) only with fans.

I read that you use 2 intake with ducts, and 2 exhaust to run 8 mining rigs with external temp over 100F.

Can you show me some pictures of your setup.

Im thinking of opening a new datacenter and want to reduce the air conditioner.

Thanks for your help

We have now moved into winter on our side of the world ..(thank u jesus or satan or whoever..lol )

It has enabled me to remove the ducting directly onto the cards etc

I can show u the stuff that i have been using and also the fans them selfs...but that aspect i have now taken down as it is not needed

I currently just have 2 massive air exhausts at the ceiling and 2 largish air intakes and the floor ...creating a top-to-bottom current type of deal...etc

Having said that once i get my iphone back from being repaired i will take some snaps of how i had it setup ... long story short air intake 4  x 100mm ducts split from a 350mm air intake going to 4 rigs ...so I had 2 x 350 mm air intakes for a total of 8 rigs/100mm ducts  in this tiny room

With the high heat u need to be directing the cool air onto the cards and the next step if u still have heat problems would be to have a air exhaust duct taking the heat back out like a vacuum cleaner etc Cheesy

Getting this to work is a LOT of fiddling around  until u get the positioning just right ...but it is all very doable Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
shacky

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:27:04 AM

Hi Yipyip,

I had ordered two Inline fan from amazon this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JQ14F8/ref=oh_details_o01_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will try to play with it, one as exhausts and another as intake.

Let me know if you try the motherboard Supermicro, it looks really good,

Thanks
YipYip (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:48:49 AM

Hi Yipyip,

I had ordered two Inline fan from amazon this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JQ14F8/ref=oh_details_o01_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will try to play with it, one as exhausts and another as intake.

Let me know if you try the motherboard Supermicro, it looks really good,

Thanks

They are pretty small i.e 100mm diameter ... try and get 300mm and then run 2 splitters on it to get 4x 100mm pipes

Depends on how many rigs u have ... also as in my case I just treated the room as one bi box etc as per this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7216.msg2695337#msg2695337

OBJECT NOT FOUND
rainyn

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:20:37 PM

Fantastic thread, Yipyip.  It was really helpful for me.  Even though I'm not technically a newbie, there is a lot to learn in mining coins.  I've tried the Add2PSU device and found that I couldn't get it to work.  2nd PSU would blip on really fast and then shut right off.  At one point, as I was fiddling with everything, I hit the power switch and saw a small puff of smoke come up from the motherboard right in front of my face from a tiny (literally .5mm^2) chip on the MB.  I thought "crap I've fried my $200 MB" but restored the cabling to it's original config (removing the 2nd PSU from the system) and it booted up just like normal - whew!

Based on your advice, I'm going to invest some coins to get a new 1500W PSU (my main one is a 1000W, good for running 3 video cards and that's about it).

I also thought it impressive you managed to cool your rigs when temps outside were 100+ deg F without air conditioning.  Very impressive :-)

Cheers, mate.
teknikk7

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:48:28 PM

What about open air cases?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121254022177
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: