Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:34:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1070 GTX owners, what are you mining now?  (Read 5814 times)
saul.goodman

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:51:25 PM

Hi I wanna ask , what is the best Graphics card for mining? and how much is it?

in this thread of course 1070 Cheesy
ManicMiner23

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:58:43 AM

Hi All.

After last month with some prices and hashrates changing I would like to know what are mining people with 1070 gtx rigs, I've checked some places like whattomine, and other websites to estimate what is the most profitable coin, some of them points to Eth, others points to coins that are just more profitable for 1 day or just some hours or that when you look for information about how to mine this coins here on this forum is common to find a bad feedback from people who mine it, so seems these more profitables coins are not always a good choice, at the same time it's known that are more efficient algos for nvidia cards like the 1070 than the eth algo. So, on those days, what are you mining right now with your 1070 rigs?

Thanks in advance.
B00gieman

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:35:43 AM

ETH, and sometimes ZEN.
APO Finance
Copper Member

Activity: 125

dev team

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:06:38 AM

What type of cooling do you use?
Nexillus

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:31:25 PM

Currently doing ETH but I am preparing to do some testing for Equihash for when ETH goes to POS. Then probably going to do a mix between ZEC & BTG.
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:45:49 PM

Now actually it does not matter waht will you choose to mine. profits are very low.
And if you will chooce dual maining for ETH and some other coins and willnot sell ETH right now, will hold to AUGUST/SEPTEMBER when ETH could rise you will receive good profit, imho
bobben2

Activity: 279
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:57:32 PM

Mine a coin you believe will have a bright future - or use whattomine to find out the most profitable coin (yesterday).
It currently says you should mine ETH or GoByte (Neoscrypt).
I am currently using ccminer-alexis to mine XVG  as it might go up in the (near) future..

Fellow miners, get your thens and thans in order and help other forum readers understand what you are writing. Remember the grammar basics:  B larger THAN A (comparator operator). If something THEN ....
Max Likelihood

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:59:57 AM

I have to say I love my 1070s. Only cards I like more are the 1070 tis. But you can get 31-32MH on ethash (at least with big memory oc and a bit of core in Claymore 11.3), then push 480 sols/s on equihash with bminer with big core clock, on 120 watt tdp (I'm speaking of EVGA 1070 super clocked version) well over 4 sols / w. Great cards for efficiency, versatility, and with a bit of oompf.

As for coins, I keep my eye out for smaller ones that still have decent exchange support, and when demand is there jump on them for a day or two, like btcz. Then ZEC or Eth the rest of the time, trading half into btc to diversify the portfolio when they're up against btc.
blacktux88

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 08:58:02 PM

since 2018... we are going to miner etc..
hoping that ther will an peak after the market react..
if you want to mine other search it at whattomine

Hi, I have an 8th GPU mining rig, Ive been using nicehash since I brought the equipment GTX 1070 is doing today aprox 2.2$, do you have any other suggestions, other miners and what about dual mining? Huh

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:56:45 PM

I have to say I love my 1070s. Only cards I like more are the 1070 tis. But you can get 31-32MH on ethash (at least with big memory oc and a bit of core in Claymore 11.3), then push 480 sols/s on equihash with bminer with big core clock, on 120 watt tdp (I'm speaking of EVGA 1070 super clocked version) well over 4 sols / w. Great cards for efficiency, versatility, and with a bit of oompf.

As for coins, I keep my eye out for smaller ones that still have decent exchange support, and when demand is there jump on them for a day or two, like btcz. Then ZEC or Eth the rest of the time, trading half into btc to diversify the portfolio when they're up against btc.

Don't need to bump core up for a 1070 mining Ethash - they're quite happy with up to a -200 core UNDERCLOCK as they're severely memory limited, even with a LARGE memory clock increase.

I've been shifting my mining cards around, in an attempt to get the rigs to be "homogenous" so I CAN dedicate the cards that are better on ETH to ETH and the ones that are better on ZEC to ZEC and such - though it's also part of my ongoing "convert folding rigs to riser-based rigs for better cooling" and my newer "get everything set up to go into my Mark 2 shelf/rack units for space savings" initiative.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: