Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:50:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Website Ideas  (Read 772 times)
BilalHIMITE (OP)

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:05:17 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2017, 05:27:00 PM by BilalHIMITE

Hi, everyone!

I'm a web developer, and I'm looking for some ideas for a website.
It can be crypto-related or not... Anything awesome!

I'm not looking to invest, I have programming skills, but I'm not sure what to make with it.

My Portfolio: bilhim.github.io

Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:07:24 PM

You should post your portfolio,it will help you to find right project or partnership.
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 05:26:43 PM

I was having this idea since few weeks now. Very simple actually, so simple that even address (which is fake, similarity with any existing is accidental) tells out the entire idea      www.ifoundit.com
The idea:
Massage/image boards with categorisation options / country / region / city / area code /
where people that have found lost items, post that those things have been found and can be picked up at specific place, hour, condition. Some proofing methods could be implemented, so private massage systems is a must.
Also this could be using micro-wallets for tips in various altcoins (as a thank you tokens)
Already see potential for embedded "ifoundit"altcoin. (given as a bonus for finding lost documents, ID's only)
Rather simple in graphics, maximum user friendly.

BilalHIMITE (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:29:31 PM

You should post your portfolio,it will help you to find right project or partnership.
I updated the post with my portfolio.
I'll make a list of some of the projects I worked on soon.
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:35:10 PM

If you want to build something for bitcoin community and you are a experienced web developer, you can make a stolen bitcoins database, where users can post their wallet addresses and a proof of ownership and it should allow them to explain how they lost their bitcoins and they should be able to track their funds or get notifications when funds are moved. If it works properly I think exchanges can use it's Api to identify stolen funds/deposits.
BilalHIMITE (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:42:37 PM

If you want to build something for bitcoin community and you are a experienced web developer, you can make a stolen bitcoins database, where users can post their wallet addresses and a proof of ownership and it should allow them to explain how they lost their bitcoins and they should be able to track their funds or get notifications when funds are moved. If it works properly I think exchanges can use it's Api to identify stolen funds/deposits.
That seems like a good idea, the only problem is with proving the ownership, I'll do some research on how to do that.
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:50:07 PM

That seems like a good idea, the only problem is with proving the ownership, I'll do some research on how to do that.
You just need a script that can verify their signed message. You can do it thru Api, there are some available.
BilalHIMITE (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:31:20 PM

You just need a script that can verify their signed message. You can do it thru Api, there are some available.
I think I don't get he "stolen" part.
Do you mean scammed?

Since the user can sign a message, he has his private keys, thus access over his wallet.

Could you explain more, or even give an example of a scenario.
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:50:22 PM

I think I don't get he "stolen" part.
Do you mean scammed?

Since the user can sign a message, he has his private keys, thus access over his wallet.

Could you explain more, or even give an example of a scenario.

Stolen via malware etc for example see this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059967.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059967.msg20879432#msg20879432  His coins were sold on bittrex by the hacker, if there was some way to track and notify bittrex on time, he could have gotten his bitcoins back.

and ofcource scam's can be added too.
BilalHIMITE (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:25:22 AM

Stolen via malware etc for example see this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059967.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059967.msg20879432#msg20879432  His coins were sold on bittrex by the hacker, if there was some way to track and notify bittrex on time, he could have gotten his bitcoins back.

Now I understood.
It seems like a useful idea for a lot of people, the only problem is if people will trust the website and provide their private keys.

Also, the website may give users the choice to recover their money if the transaction isn't confirmed yet, just double-spend the stolen money with a higher fee so that it gets confirmed before the thief's transaction.
nightrider

Activity: 348
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:47:30 AM

Hi, everyone!

I'm a web developer, and I'm looking for some ideas for a website.
It can be crypto-related or not... Anything awesome!

I'm not looking to invest, I have programming skills, but I'm not sure what to make with it.

My Portfolio: bilhim.github.io

Thank you!

You can find projects that are growing, join their development team, have good ideas for you to do, work for them will help you improve skills. Let's get started now.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:18:18 PM

Now I understood.
It seems like a useful idea for a lot of people, the only problem is if people will trust the website and provide their private keys.

No you are getting it wrong, they don't need to give private keys.
BilalHIMITE (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:23:13 PM

No you are getting it wrong, they don't need to give private keys.

I forgot, they sign a message to prove their ownership of the address.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6212

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:33:31 AM

One service I have in mind for a long time is an ebay-like marketplace with the option for sellers to "back" Bitcoin with goods or services.

In short: Sellers can give a "price guarantee" in BTC in the case Bitcoin crashes or loses value respect to the USD, the EUR or other fiat currencies. The idea behind that "crazy" mechanism is that many sellers could increment their sale volume if they're giving this kind of guarantee (profitable above all for digital goods producers), and on the other hand, when the price crashes Bitcoin users could sell their coins for the "old" (higher) price - so they can sleep well even in volatile times.

I have explained this idea in this thread, but unfortunately got no feedback. I have also proposed it for OpenBazaar where it got a little bit of interest, but I then realized that a centralized website is a better option for this mechanism because in a decentralized software the problem of "oracles" arises (=there needs to be a trustable source for e.g. the USD/BTC exchange rate, and that is not trivial to solve).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
anrage

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:12:09 AM

Hey.

India needs a really cheap and trustworthy ALTCOIN.

If you can create a crytpocurrency then we can talk.
There are good opportunities.
I'm a marketeer and I am looking for developers.

All we have to put in is our time. And if this works, then this can be scaled on a large scale.

Imagine the population of India and even if 5% of the elite class is what we target then its worth the shot.

Let me know if any of you would be interested.

Regards.
MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:08:48 AM

How this idea can help peoples?
This will be database only..
Yes, they can track stolen bitcoins, but they can't refund lost money.
I think this idea is useless (my opinion only)
xMOPEx

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 06:27:31 AM

Maybe a website that connects all your social media accounts and show you important updates and messages from all of them at one place.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:58:15 AM

Maybe a website that connects all your social media accounts and show you important updates and messages from all of them at one place.

I know browser plugins or apps has this functionality.

Isn't this way too complicated to implement?  Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Bytextech

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:06:09 PM

How this idea can help peoples?
This will be database only..
Yes, they can track stolen bitcoins, but they can't refund lost money.
I think this idea is useless (my opinion only)

Its true, useless 100% until you want to cry..listen Norah Jones that will work.
Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: