Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:54:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Have you got yourself some SONO yet?
Yes. - 10 (76.9%)
No. - 3 (23.1%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PoW/PoS/MN][GPU ONLY]Project SONO - New listing vote for new projects!  (Read 229357 times)
gunka

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

SZPvNamiw63JLkfjeCeV8WsZnhdpW147SL

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:51:22 AM

ATTENTION BIG NEWS
Coin Swap

Today is the day our community finally see what all the secret work has been about.
As many of you know, we have had a lot of issues and bugs with the current state of SONO 1.3.0.2.

The reason for this is that the codebase is from our previous "coin developer" Mr. Unkown that is MIA.

Since then, Mike from zPools has become a part of the team and been working on fixing the many bugs and issues we have had with the wallet.

For all of his hard work we want to thank him.

Coin Swap using the SonoX Platform

As you could see with the title of this post, we will be doing a Coin Swap from the current blockchain to a new one.

We will be doing this with the help of our own exchange software that has been modified to a basic 1:1 swap version. This means there will be no trading on our own platform till the planned launch.

Our community will be able to make an account, login and deposit their coins.
After the coins have been confirmed, their new coins will be released to their new wallet.

Duration and Swap Rates

The duration of the swap will be 30 days.
The swap starts from monday the 18th of June.
We will monitor the amount of coins being swapped, and if a high amount of users still havent swapped their coins before the last week, then a extension period will be added.

The rate of the swap will be a 1:1 swap, so there will not be a difference in the amount of coins you are holding.

All SONO 2.0 that is not claimed within the swap period will be allocated to the distribution fund. The distribution fund will be used for our new Twitter and Signature Campaign.

What will happen to SONO 1.3.0.2 ?

The current version of SONO 1.3.0.2 will be replaced with a new version that will be the end of SONO 1.X.

In this new version, we will make a hardfork and reduce the PoW and PoS reward to 0.01 SONO/%. This means that it will nolonger be profitable to mine or stake your coins on the old chain.

This is done so we dont have 2 chains producing coins into our new blockchain and in that time inflate the amount of SONO in circulation.

The final version is named 1.4 and will be released friday the 15th of June.
The hardfork will be activated on wednesday the 20th of June, any wallets that have not updated will be kicked off the main net.

How is SONO 2.0 different ?

SONO 2.0 will be running with our very own mining algorithm developed by Mike.
The algorithm is name SonoA and will in the beginning only support CPU mining to allow everyone to mine.

After launch, Mike will be working on a GPU miner that should be ready about a month from now or so.

This means that you can now mine with your CPU's and while we wait for the GPU miners, you'll be able to mine other profitable coins and buy SONO in the mean time.

SONO 2.0 will also have a new set of specifications.
The block time has been reduced by 50% so instead of 1 minute per block, then we are down to 30 seconds instead. The PoW reward has therfore been changed from 2 coins per block down to 1 instead so hyperinflation is not a threat.

The release of new coins will remain the same. We choose to double the amount of blocks that we have daily to allow more room for miners as PoS blocks start to fill more and more as our community grows.

Another blog post will be released shortly with all details and specifications for SONO 2.0.

DISCORD

MAIN SITE

GITHUB  SONO

A new blog post has been released by the team:  https://blog.projectsono.io/attention-big-news-coin-swap/

SONO PROJECT  ▄▀▀▄█▀▀█░░█▀▀█ DRIVEN CURRENCY          
FACEBOOK  TWITTER  DISCORD  TELEGRAMM    ▀▄░░░░██░░  WHITEPAPER  BLOG  ANN  BOUNTY  GITHUB
                             ▀▄▄▀█▄▄█▀██▄▄█                            
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:31:24 PM

The algorithm is name SonoA and will in the beginning only support CPU mining to allow everyone to mine.

After launch, Mike will be working on a GPU miner that should be ready about a month from now or so.

This means that you can now mine with your CPU's and while we wait for the GPU miners, you'll be able to mine other profitable coins and buy SONO in the mean time.
That smells fishy as hell. Let me guess, Mike already has both CPU miner and GPU miner, right? So you give all the naive suckers only cpu miners, while Mike and the company will be mining with gpus for the first month. This kind of scam is as old as the cryptoworld, I'd expect something more elaborate from you guys. Grin
Hilarious.
Münzpräger

Activity: 1610
Merit: 362

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:48:27 PM

That smells fishy as hell. Let me guess, Mike already has both CPU miner and GPU miner, right? So you give all the naive suckers only cpu miners, while Mike and the company will be mining with gpus for the first month. This kind of scam is as old as the cryptoworld, I'd expect something more elaborate from you guys. Grin
Hilarious.

Wouldn't this be traceable though? If some wallets earn the majority or if the network hasrate is unusally high etc.
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:51:32 PM

Wouldn't this be traceable though? If some wallets earn the majority or if the network hasrate is unusally high etc.
I think it's pretty easy to hide. With that Mike guy being from zPools, we'll see a mining pool for this new PoW algo pretty soon. And as long as there's pool mining, there's plenty of ways to hide the actual wallets/workers.
Hamukione (OP)

Activity: 1202
Merit: 507

Pinch.Network Guaranteed Airdrop

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:46:19 PM

A GPU miner has not been made as Mike has been working on the CPU miner and the algorithm.

We dont have any interest in mining our own coin in a unfair matter as this would only damage the project.
The team invested their money in SONO a long time ago, and the only way of getting coins for us is buying or staking/masternodes.

But hey, FUDsters are always around to pull you down Wink

Update here: https://blog.projectsono.io/attention-big-news-coin-swap/

Pinch.Network - Join the airdrop now for free! No waitlist, no points. Guaranteed airdrop by claiming a free NFT.
0verseer

Activity: 480
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:06:48 PM

Hilarious.
I think it's pretty easy to hide. With that Mike guy being from zPools, we'll see a mining pool for this new PoW algo pretty soon. And as long as there's pool mining, there's plenty of ways to hide the actual wallets/workers.
I think you're dead wrong in your own assumption about the release delay of GPU mining software tho. Unless there is a valid proof of what you said, right now, it nothing more than some bad accusation.
Hamukione (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:09:05 PM

Its simple, it hasn't been made yet and Mike needs some time off after all the work he has done.
Nothing stands in the way of the community or others to make a GPU miner.

We might even put out a bounty for someone to make a GPU miner.

Pinch.Network - Join the airdrop now for free! No waitlist, no points. Guaranteed airdrop by claiming a free NFT.
empiremoon

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:23:11 PM

Everything going good. nice team.
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:45:48 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2018, 02:58:15 PM by wacko

I think you're dead wrong in your own assumption about the release delay of GPU mining software tho. Unless there is a valid proof of what you said, right now, it nothing more than some bad accusation.
Who do you think I am - Sherlock Holmes? Grin Yeah, right, I'll go track those people down straight away, infiltrate their communications, get into their lives - to give you a "valid proof". If I see an e-mail from Nigeria, saying that I've been chosen by a prince to help him move a pile of gold and diamonds out of the country for a hefty commission, I just smile and move on. I don't start investigations to collect a "valid proof" of an obvious scam, got a brain so don't need those. This has been done many times before, it's a very easy and popular way for devs to make money. Why do you think they even change the current algo? And why invent a new one, what's wrong with the gazillion of those that already exist? We all know that they're not inventing shit and this new algo is just gonna be a re-hash of the existing algos. No one "needs" this, except the guy(s) providing all the suckers with a slow cpu miner while they're mining with gpus/fpgas/asics/etc.

We're talking about the coin that's actually running a signature campaign paying less than $1 for 50 posts! That's what Jr. Members currently get, 0.05 * 50 = 2.5 Sono, and with the highest bid of 0.00005101 BTC per SONO, that's eighty fucking cents. For 50 posts per week. One might think that they're either delusional or downright broke. If it's the latter, then it's understandable why the algo switch and "cpu only mining" for a month. Smiley

P.S. I'm not saying that it's a scam 100%, just that it's extremely fishy, that's all.
Hamukione (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:09:56 PM
Merited by wacko (3)

Who do you think I am - Sherlock Holmes? Grin Yeah, right, I'll go track those people down straight away, infiltrate their communications, get into their lives - to give you a "valid proof". If I see an e-mail from Nigeria, saying that I've been chosen by a prince to help him move a pile of gold and diamonds out of the country for a hefty commission, I just smile and move on. I don't start investigations to collect a "valid proof" of an obvious scam, got a brain so don't need those. This has been done many times before, it's a very easy and popular way for devs to make money. Why do you think they even change the current algo? And why invent a new one, what's wrong with the gazillion of those that already exist? We all know that they're not inventing shit and this new algo is just gonna be a re-hash of the existing algos. No one "needs" this, except the guy(s) providing all the suckers with a slow cpu miner while they're mining with gpus/fpgas/asics/etc.

We're talking about the coin that's actually running a signature campaign paying less than $1 for 50 posts! That's what Jr. Members currently get, 0.05 * 50 = 2.5 Sono, and with the highest bid of 0.00005101 BTC per SONO, that's eighty fucking cents. For 50 posts per week. One might think that they're either delusional or downright broke. If it's the latter, then it's understandable why the algo switch and "cpu only mining" for a month. Smiley

P.S. I'm not saying that it's a scam 100%, just that it's extremely fishy, that's all.

Well, our current algorithm Skunkhash has been "cracked" by the FPGA community and this is why we choose to make a rehash as you call it off a ton of different algorithms.
So what we are making is unique in the sense of "No one has made this hashing combo before".

The new hashing algorithm is extremely hard for FPGA miners to switch to and program a miner that works for it.
And even if they crack it, then we can switch around in the settings and add more if we need to.

Like I said, we have control over 19.000 SONO in the Development Fund, we have over 35.000 SONO in the Distribution Fund.
Each of our members has purchased SONO at some point and as far as I know, all of us are holding some SONO right now.

I do understand your concern, but it would be easy to spot GPU miners as from the tests we have made on CPUs shows very low hashing power.

And like I said last time, any software that is made for mining by our team is to be released in public.
But we cant do anything about others in the crypto world making their own private GPU miners, this is why Mike will make the public GPU miner for SONO.

Always be on guard in Crypto, nothing wrong with that at all Smiley

Hamukione (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:12:21 PM

And as for the signature campaign, then we won't edit it reward wise as we feel that the current numbers are fair.
If you are in the campaign to make some "Instant Cash" then it's the wrong project you are backing.
We feel that the current prices are "undervalued" but fair as for the state of the project currently.

Our Twitter Campaign might suit you a bit better as its much easier and the rewards might be higher depending on the number of users who sign up for the campaign.

empiremoon

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:14:04 PM

im on the sono since day 1 it lunch, so no fishy thingy for me. as FUD appear, its a good sign man XD.
Hamukione (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:24:26 PM

Im not sure if what Wacko is doing is FUD, as its a simple concern and not an allegation.
So what he is saying is a valid point and something you need to be aware of in the Crypto world.

tuanbct95

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:26:05 AM

And as for the signature campaign, then we won't edit it reward wise as we feel that the current numbers are fair.
If you are in the campaign to make some "Instant Cash" then it's the wrong project you are backing.
We feel that the current prices are "undervalued" but fair as for the state of the project currently.

Our Twitter Campaign might suit you a bit better as its much easier and the rewards might be higher depending on the number of users who sign up for the campaign.

I strongly support your approach to operate SONO signature campaign like this, Hamukione.
SONO project has actually needed supports, but only from real supporters to keep their long-term supports with low-paid rates.
Hamukione (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:52:47 PM

https://blog.projectsono.io/final-mandatory-update-for-sono-1-x/

1.4 is live.
This is for the upcoming swap.

If you swap Monday or Tuesday, then you will be fine.
If you swap on Wednesday or later, then you must update to 1.4 to be able to swap your coins to SONO 2.0.

If you have any questions regarding the update or swap, please join our Discord for support: https://discord.gg/8bY2rjX

andeonnut

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:54:33 AM

I've got my coins on Stocks.Exchange -- will they be handling the swap for us?

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
gunka

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:51:15 AM

Hamukione -
I have news about the exchange situation.
Stocks Exchange will be delisting SONO on Monday at the launch of SONO 2.0 and SONO 2.0 will not return to Stocks Exchange.

To combat the greedy exchange we have a listing at Crex24 ready and we should (This is not guaranteed) see SONO 2.0 on Crex24 instead.

Right after launch of SONO 2.0 on monday, we will reach out to more exchanges and we hope to find another within the next 3 weeks tops.

Pull ALL SONO out of Stocks Exchange as fast as possible.
Stocks Exchange would only be interested in upgrading our wallet if we gave them SONO in return and they would perform the swap for their own users which we deemed to big a risk of fraudulent activities.

FACEBOOK  TWITTER  DISCORD  TELEGRAMM    ▀▄░░░░██░░  WHITEPAPER  BLOG  ANN  BOUNTY  GITHUB
                             ▀▄▄▀█▄▄█▀██▄▄█                            
huymtc

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:01:00 PM

Hamukione -
Stocks Exchange will be delisting SONO on Monday at the launch of SONO 2.0 and SONO 2.0 will not return to Stocks Exchange.

To combat the greedy exchange we have a listing at Crex24 ready and we should (This is not guaranteed) see SONO 2.0 on Crex24 instead.

Right after launch of SONO 2.0 on monday, we will reach out to more exchanges and we hope to find another within the next 3 weeks tops.

Stocks Exchange would only be interested in upgrading our wallet if we gave them SONO in return and they would perform the swap for their own users which we deemed to big a risk of fraudulent activities.

Lol, delisting from crappy exchange might be good news for SONO community.
Honestly, I don't like Stocks exchange.
Münzpräger

Activity: 1610
Merit: 362

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:33:38 PM

Hamukione -

Lol, delisting from crappy exchange might be good news for SONO community.
Honestly, I don't like Stocks exchange.

I have never used stocks.exchange but also have never heard anyone say anything remotely positive about them.  Cheesy
gunka

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:02:08 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2018, 05:32:20 PM by gunka

What is SONO 2.0 and how is it different ?

Here it goes:

New Coin Specifications
    Name: SONO
    Ticker: SONO
    Algorithm: SonoA
    Block Time: 30 seconds
    Proof of Work Reward: 1 Coin
    Proof of Stake Reward: 1 Coin
    Masternode Reward 25% of all blocks
    Coins needed for a masternode: 1000 SONO
    RPC: 31000
    Default Port: 32000

As you can see, the block time and the reward system has been reduced.
    This is to allow a higher amount of PoW blocks per day.

As most of our community has discovered, the normal amount of blocks should be 1440 blocks. At this moment of writting, we are currently having 2600+ blocks per day because of a faulty PoS system.

Mike has set a limit for the minimum amount of coins needed to be able to stake an input. We now require that you have minimum 50 coins in an input to be able to stake. This help keep the network from being flooded with tiny inputs that are trying to stake and increase the network weight.

Even though the block time has been lowered, we have chosen to keep the same amount of coins released daily. This means that PoW blocks will go from 2 coins per block back to 1 coin. PoS will be changed from Dynamic to Static and give 1 coin in PoS reward daily.

Masternodes and their previous issues

After some tinkering with the Masternode system and the way it worked, Mike came to the realisation that the system was operating against itself.

Mr. Unknown that setup the masternode system and the way it works had for some reason set the nodes to ping eachother every 5 seconds.
    And if you know something about networking and computers, then you would know that 100+ masternodes pinging eachother in such a short amount of time can cause a lot of issues.

One of these issues was VERY high CPU usage, this unfortunately led to random crashes of the wallet.
    In this latest version both of these issues are now fixed so masternodes no longer will cause any harm. From the tests the team has made, we have concluded that CPU usage of the normal wallet without a masternode is between 0.2% - 1% CPU usage.

Masternode usage was about 2%-3% in CPU usage with multiple nodes active on the same server. So an extreme decrease in CPU usage.

Masternode rewards will stay the same at 25% of all PoW and PoS blocks.
    This means about 720 coins per day will be divided within the masternode network.

SonoA - New Mining Algorithm to fight FPGA

We are currently facing a new sort of “fear” in the crypto community.
    FPGA’s (Field Programmable Gate Array) are about to make a comeback.

The important thing for us to know is: Will they have an intense hashing power (nearly like ASICs) and have the possibility to switch algorithms like GPUs?
    Many say that the next generation (that is currently being produced) is fake.

We have watched their development closely and we believe that their progress is real. The best prevention against FPGA and ASIC is, the use of an uncommon hashing algorithm. We have therfore decided that we will be creating our own hashing algorithm that is optimized to make life hard for the FPGA developers.
    The requirements for the new algorithm were pretty clear. The new algorithm has to be Secure and Complex enough for FPGA/ASIC to adopt.

SonoA uses 17 SHA3 hashing algorithms with an unique hashing order.
    SonoA doesnt just go through these 17 algorithms(like x17). SonoA uses some algorithms up to 5 times to increase the difficulty for programmers.

x17 has 17 algorithms and everyone is used once.
    It has 17 steps until the hash is completed. SonoA uses 17 algorithms but has 97 steps until the hash is generated. It is 5.7 times larger and a magnitude harder to generate a hash than on x17.

The way SonoA is built is simply to be as frustrating as possible for FPGA programmers. Phi, Tribus, Poly, Skunkhash and some more of the “x” styled algorithms will be used. It took them months to create the code for their current FPGA/ASICs. But all of the mentioned algorithms use less than 11 algorithms, and they only use all algorithms once.
    It will be a huge task to implement the 17 algorithms on their machines – and it will be even harder to make it go through all 97 steps.

At launch we will have our CPU miner ready for windows and linux.
    The GPU miner has not yet been made and the work on the GPU miner will start in the coming weeks.

The GPU miner will be released as soon as it has been completed.

Dear miner, welcome back to mining like in 2009  //Mike

Overall Changelog

• New mining algorithm: SonoA (17 algorithm with 97 steps)
    • Wallet will crash less. Some may never experience any crash
    • No continuously high CPU load
    • Staking while running a masternode from the same wallet is now possible. Inputs that are 1000 coins will not be selected as staking inputs.
    • The wallet now collects inputs and combine them.
    • Block time has been decreased to 30 sec (was 1 minute)
    • Block reward has been decreased to 1 SONO (was 2 SONO)
    • PoS reward is now static with 1 SONO reward per block.
    • Minimum of 50 coins in 1 input is needed for staking (was 0)
    • A block now needs 500 confirmations to become spendable. (was 51)
    • New Wallet interface. (Forked from Denarius)
    • Masternode tab will now reflect if your Masternode is in running state
    • The masternodes in “SONO Network” will now report their version
    • Masternode setup changed from “LUX styled” to the common one with “masternode genkey & masternode outputs”
    • Masternode RPC command “full” will now display “enabled” instead of “1”
    • A “Terms of Use” will prompt upon the first start
    • You can change the wallet directory at the first start
    • The wallet creates the sono.conf automatically upon first start and sets a random rpc password. Headless wallets just need to start again after first start if the error message appears that you are missing the conf. Restarting the wallet will also help if the seed node is busy and you are not getting a connection right away.
    • The new Port is 32000
    • The new RPCPort is 31000
    • The new working directory is "SONOv2". You can, if you need to, run both wallets at the same time. This comes in handy for the swap
    • You can now add a narration to a transaction
    • The wallet creates a backup of the wallet.dat each start, until it has 10 backups. Then it deletes the oldest backup

MORE in blog.projectsono.io [/list]

▀▄▄▀█▄▄█▀██▄▄█                            
    Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 »
      Print  

Jump to: