Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:16:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Enigma Project ICO Compromised and Broken, Almost $500k stolen  (Read 649 times)
somacoin (OP)

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 09:29:31 AM

https://etherscan.io/address/0x29d7d1dd5b6f9c864d9db560d72a247c178ae86b
Warning! DO NOT SEND ANYTHING TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS.

Enigma team hacked completely, seems like all accounts and servers compromised

Hackers sent false address via official Mail and Slack

almost $500k stolen.

Terribly, and most ironically:
http://www.businessinsider.com/ethereum-price-ico-hack-2017-7?r=US&IR=T
The CoinDash hack didn't occur because the blockchain system itself was compromised, but rather because the website on which the smart contract address was being advertised was compromised.

"Hackers got into the backend of the site and changed the address," Kisagun said.

Thus, investors sent their money to the wrong Ethereum address.

"Whether it’s on a website, or through social media, providing a funding address in a single location isn’t sufficiently secure," Guy Zyskind, CEO of Enigma wrote in a recent blog post. "Therefore, we need a more secure kind of proof of address."

Enigma's solution is to hard wire the address of the token sale contract into the Ethereum or bitcoin blockchains when it's created. Since information on the Ethereum or bitcoin blockchains can't be tampered with, hackers wouldn't be able to alter the address.

Of course, the people behind ICO could be scammers themselves. Therefore, to assure they're not just faceless crypto-scammers, Enigma is proposing to store two other pieces of information into a multi-sig contract to serve as further proof of address:

A picture of the team initiating the ICO holding a piece of paper with the smart contract address on it.
Social proof that trusted parties approved the address. This can be done by having the parties disclose their public keys on their Twitter feed.
According to Kisagun, Enigma is looking at ways to employ similar strategies for its upcoming token sale.

Oh man.....
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:46:15 AM

Omg another ico hack this keeps getting larger every month the developers need to understand that starting a ico isn't a easy job at all and the part the enigma project has been hacked gives me a feeling it is done by the company itself. If you check the address people are still sending large amount of eth and also enigma.co is down.
somacoin (OP)

Activity: 497

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 10:13:56 AM

Not sure if I've never seen ALL official channels hacked? Same password or what?

Enigma Catalyst Hacked! Website, Telegram, Slack, Mailchimp All Compromised!
https://smarticoinvestor.com/enigma-catalyst-hacked-telegram-slack-mailchimp-compromised/

So Enigma is most likely already over before it got started...
c0in_junkie

Activity: 521

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:49:56 AM

Really sad to hear this...
I hate this f*cking fraudsters.
I hope the other ICOs in future are better protected.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:34:37 AM

Not sure if I've never seen ALL official channels hacked? Same password or what?

Enigma Catalyst Hacked! Website, Telegram, Slack, Mailchimp All Compromised!
https://smarticoinvestor.com/enigma-catalyst-hacked-telegram-slack-mailchimp-compromised/

So Enigma is most likely already over before it got started...

I read the link and they claimed no funds was stolen and they are back in control. But if you are not sure they have handled it then there is no point sending more money to the compromised address. And moreso, the message OP is quoting is not related to ENGIMA ICO rather just taking a clue from what happened. Stop creating unnecessary panics.
kelnel

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:04:07 PM

I am not sure if this is the actual reason they got hacked, but if it is, it is really a shame. Such a good project and such terrible care for security... Wanted to participate, but this kind of lack of any reason puts me totally off

https://gyazo.com/fdb99a837500113ff10cce5d5e7a4dc4

billyj111

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:48:39 PM

Again the same situation. Coindash Repetition. Just no words. Shame administration

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
metagry

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:32:28 PM

Tragic cycle...
ICO brings innovation for useful startups
saiscoin

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

The Alt Whisperer

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:16:37 PM

I have been staying away from ICO's for this very reason. It gets too hecting around ICO days

bitorama

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:37:52 PM

I received 3 times this shit today via slack
trifiz

Activity: 269
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:41:29 PM

I also received 3 emails about this fake presale.
But people are so stupid, could check etherscan of this fake address

Some of these funds are going to bitfinex: https://etherscan.io/address/0x4c70bb26126baa4d973115ee0e30879b33fa35c4
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: