Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:40:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pump and dump is the name of the game.  (Read 3420 times)
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:21:22 AM

Did you guys noticed what was happening recently in the crytocurrency world?
People pump certain coin and then dump it later when the price hit the highest level.
And then buy later when the price dip to the lowest level.

What do you think of this? Share your thoughts Grin

It increases the uncertainty of the market, many people will be in crisis because of trade losses. However, it is also a good opportunity for good traders to make a profit.
Do you remember if others will get a lot of profit too caused by PnD. That was just like another money game in my opinion at least if you have an intention to invest in the project and wait until you will get decent profit and the definition will be different.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:24:40 AM

People pump certain coin and then dump it later when the price hit the highest level.

Isn't that how it works? Isn't that what the words HYPE and FUD were invented to describe? I don't get it? I'm not a trader but I thought that was always the way the markets worked. Are you trying to make a funny observational statement?

It's how unregulated markets work. It's how Wall Street worked prior to the 1930s. You could argue it's how Wall Street works now, only they've got better at covering it up, to avoid prosecutions.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
orarider

Activity: 575

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:09:53 PM

It increases the uncertainty of the market, many people will be in crisis because of trade losses. However, it is also a good opportunity for good traders to make a profit.
Do you remember if others will get a lot of profit too caused by PnD. That was just like another money game in my opinion at least if you have an intention to invest in the project and wait until you will get decent profit and the definition will be different.

Yes, wait is something we need to do in business, but we need more patience. Because there are times, we can not wait. In contrast we feel anxious.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:13:10 PM

It is a common thing that have been happening even before the ICO's came and I guess you are talking about them right?
After the ICO they will dump it even the bounty hunters will dump and that makes the price so low after the ICO. This is not a big deal. It depends on the coin developer if somehow they can prevent that withdrawal by making other offers and other deal that will make them hold.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:24:11 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 02:41:16 PM by neonshium

Dude, first of all, this is not new in the crypto world. People have been doing for as long as i can remember. I even think that this had been happening since the dawn of crypto currencies(but im not sure with this one though). This is human nature we are witnessing.  Because humans will always take advantage of anything as long as they can. And unless there will be a rule for this to be prohibited, then i dont think people will stop doing this. Plus every coin needs this. So its just a win win for both sides.
Yes every coins needs this. Pumping and dumping is good for the future of that specific coins perhaps because it increases a heavy trade volume. Humans will always take advantage of anything which can give them profit and so we do. Pumping and dumping gives a good profit so there are many groups which are good pumpers and dumpers.

We can recently see many pumps and dumps on yobit exchange. Pumping will surely increase the price of the specific coin and then selling it in a trade volume will gradually make good profits.
yrreg ger

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:57:33 PM

I think that's normal in the world of trading, especially in the cryptocurrency world where a group of people pump the price of a coin and when they get profits, they dump the prices of that coin  so they can buy again at a low prices
This is right, if the price become stable or steady in one price, I think this crypto-currency will not become popular. This is a great idea of the bitcoin, because the price depends on the supply of crypto-currency. So that if the supply will increase it is normal to pump, and if this will dump, chances to buy to make a profit in the future. Additionally, it can't compete to the top currency if this idea never happened.
Flodemaga

Activity: 286

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:18:17 PM

I believe you are talking to telegram small traders groups wich are picking a random coin and pumping and dumping it, well isnt an healthy thing to do without anything really happen into the coin you can make newbies think those price will be achieved again, even without any improvement or active developer. The dump and pump has been part of crypto since exchanges were live, soo welcome to trading world.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:01:45 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2017, 03:10:23 PM by el kaka22

Unfortunately this is whats happening now. The whales are the ones who are in control on how and where they want the price of a coin or token to go. If the whales dont want the price to go up, they will put up a huge sell wall that will make other sellers to sell it lower until the price continue to plunge. Even those who are good with charts are sometimes no match with them.
Unfortunately we all are needlessly affected and controlled by these whales. Indeed they play the significant role in the dumping and pumping of the coins. I desperately want to get rid of them but the reality is we can’t do anything about these whales. But sometimes they do entertain us too. Honestly I am always against manipulating market prices because it may risk some innocent traders in some corner of the world. We should always play fair.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Adbitco

Activity: 1428
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 10:32:32 PM

Unfortunately this is whats happening now. The whales are the ones who are in control on how and where they want the price of a coin or token to go. If the whales dont want the price to go up, they will put up a huge sell wall that will make other sellers to sell it lower until the price continue to plunge. Even those who are good with charts are sometimes no match with them.
Unfortunately we all are needlessly affected and controlled by these whales. Indeed they play the significant role in the dumping and pumping of the coins. I desperately want to get rid of them but the reality is we can’t do anything about these whales. But sometimes they do entertain us too.
Yes I agree the irony is that we can't do much about all this bad practice being adopted and followed by a few people engaged in all this activity. I think it's not healthy for the growth of cryptocurrencies and because of this even many good coins don't receive the attention and support they deserve. Pump and dump is in fact an obstacle in the growth of cryptocurrencies.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:33:10 AM

What is the big deal of pump and dump? There is no big deal here. Pump and dump is very common for the markets even the stock and forex market experiences pump and dump but it doesn't mean that it is a bad thing for the markets but for me, it is a great opportunity for the active traders to make money during the pump and dump because there is a lot of ways to make money from it and it just takes a determined person to find it out.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:56:09 AM

"Pump and dump" usually refers to a specific scheme when one powerful entity manipulates the price to get profit. If the price is simply volatile and has huge swings, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's been manipulated. Also it's important to look at market depth before building and suspicions - the higher amount of bids, the less likely it is to be some sort of manipulation. And even if there will be a big correction, it won't mean that it's the dump from pumpers - rises and crashes can be driven by many different reasons.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:03:43 AM

How else do traders make money if it's not "p n d"
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 10:36:17 AM

"Pump and dump" usually refers to a specific scheme when one powerful entity manipulates the price to get profit. If the price is simply volatile and has huge swings, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's been manipulated. Also it's important to look at market depth before building and suspicions - the higher amount of bids, the less likely it is to be some sort of manipulation. And even if there will be a big correction, it won't mean that it's the dump from pumpers - rises and crashes can be driven by many different reasons

I somewhat agree with your view

And somewhat disagree with it. First, you typically don't need to do anything after a good old pump, i.e. you don't need to specifically manipulate a dump. You may need to instigate an initial sell-off, of course, but then the market and hordes of panic sellers will take care for the rest of the cycle. Further, market depth can be utterly misleading, or even deceiving. You can see huge buy walls which quickly disappear once the price starts to seriously go down. These walls can be built by the exchange itself, so they can erect and remove them without any risk of losing any money (no wall has been hurt in the process of making a dump)

Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:44:20 AM

To organize the dump, too. The demand for bitcoin is constantly growing and in order to organize the panic and prices fall you need to invest a lot of money. If all bitcoins will be dumped immediately to buy something you can lose your money. It seems to me that every year will be more difficult to arrange the pump.
devrawal93

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:46:48 AM

Previously Pump & Dump is quite familiar in Trading Stocks,Forex,Commodities and Currencies too. Pump is Dump is active here in Bitcoin Trading also.It's nothing but Buying the low and selling the high. But the Factor driving the bitcoin price is some sought of news or rumours or any other kind of fundamental events which makes the price of Bitcoin more volatile.There are a few ICO and companies that follow this strategy to make money . This can also be done by a group of people. There are plenty of channels and Telegram groups of people who are making use of this pump and dump a coin.It’s usually a scam, the group will pump a coin, then let others know that they need to buy in.
Rhum142

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:17:32 AM

But can i ask you a questio? How do you know they dump at the top price? How do you know it is the top ? Maybe it downs for a day they comeback double on the day after?
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:00:26 PM

Lol… quite funny when I see people call it a pump and dump game.
I’ve never had interest in ICO right from the first time I heard about it, cause I keep having the feelings they’re  all fake, and will make people lose their money.
I’ve  used bitcoin  for a longtime,  so I keep on sticking to it,  and not getting interested in investing into other coins.
maurobiasolo

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

http://scientificcoin.com/

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:37:36 AM

But can i ask you a questio? How do you know they dump at the top price? How do you know it is the top ? Maybe it downs for a day they comeback double on the day after?

Well, who dumps normally set a target price, once they get it, they start to sell

SCIENTIFICCOIN - platform for scientific projects with decentralized evaluation

TelegramFacebookTwitter ‖   PLATFORM   ‖ RedditMediumWhitepaper
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:13:51 AM

Pump and dump is an usual games especially for the big whales, pump and dump is something the traders looking for, that is the moment where they earn money and because crypto currencies is decentralized so pum and dump cant be avoided and if you can find the hole you will get the profit
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:16:59 AM

Pump and dump is an usual games especially for the big whales, pump and dump is something the traders looking for, that is the moment where they earn money and because crypto currencies is decentralized so pum and dump cant be avoided and if you can find the hole you will get the profit

If you have enough money to pump and dump, why not? There is really good profits to be made if you can manipulate some coins. It's pretty hard to do though, as this is totally something hard to predict, as you will not know how the market will react to the stimulation from the pump and dump of whales. They might lose a lot if they make a mistake.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: