Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:49:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Capitalism (continued from How do you deal with the thought about taxes)  (Read 12555 times)
ktttn (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 07:47:51 PM

Quote from: MoonShadow
The wild animals belonged to no one until the hunter killed it, and the fruits of the pawpaw tree belonged to no one, until someone picked it. It was rudimentary, but it was certainly an example of a belief in the right of private PERSONAL property.
FTFY

Define your difference between "private" and "personal," as I consider them synonyms.
Core problem.
Private is not as quantum entangled. It's a mere claim. Secreted away from dirty fingers and prying eyes.

EDIT: Personal is defined in bitcoin as providers of hashing power. I'm sure someone else can fill that definition in quite nicely.

"Private" does not cause another atom to spin/vibrate the same way as the word "private?"   Huh
"Personal" means "miners?"  Huh  Huh  Huh
I was using the definition of "private" to mean the opposite of "public" as opposed to "blocked from public view"
If I wanted to butcher what I said, I would have not done such an explosive job.
Skin cells on my shirt.
Some record that claims I own a tree.
The ink from a pen I wrote with.
A silo of grain ten million miles away someone just sold me.
The mining rigs that pay to my address.
The Dollars in my bank.
Half are personal, the other private. Can you not determine which? Of course we can all see which is which.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:49:07 PM

The sad fact is that, yes, slavery has historicly been found coincincidntal to capitalsim. It's also been found coincidental to just about every other known form of governance, including those matriachies that certain posters seem so fond of.  Corrolation is not causation.

Of course not.  Just like smoking doesn't cause cancer Wink  Sure, there's some correlation, but causation?  The only difference is in smoking & cancer, the correlation is much weaker than in capitalism & slavery.  Fact Cat agreez.

The point is don't use correlation, use method of how it happens. Smoking wasn't proven to cause cancer because of correlation, it was proven to cause cancer because of the specific methods discovered.

Huh?  Care to discuss the methodology?  I'm all ears!

So, I'll get you started on this:
"Capitalism is the cause of slavery because when people practice capitalism they _______________________, which leads to slavery.

As soon as you finish:
"Smoking causes cancer because __________, Huh_________ Huh

I absolutely agree.  That's why armed mugging is so popular Cheesy  I point a gun at your face & offer you a profitable trade:  Your life for your wallet.  After a quick negotiation, you conclude that it's in your enlightened self interest to part with your wallet & not your brains.  Another deal done Grin

Which is why the richest men in the world have made their wealth by armed mugging. Or, which is why armed muggers are the richest people in the world  Roll Eyes I seriously can not face-palm hard enough at this. I mean, if you really believe this, why not go out, invest in a gun, and become a multi-millionaire yourself?

Oh, come on, you can facepalm harder than that!  Try again!  You doing it?  Harder!  Pay attention:  Never said anything about richest men, never said muggers were rich, and i think you can facepalm harder if you tried.  If you don't understand something in the future, don't assume that it's nonsense -- know that you're simply not smart enough to understand it yet.  Oh, and protip:  You can stop facepalming now.

In the cases that voluntary exchange is not mutually beneficial, such exchanges cannot (by reason) be voluntary.

Depends on what you mean by "voluntary."  In the above trade, you could have chosen to keep your wallet & pick your brains up off the sidewalk.  I love freedom of choice.

Was choosing not to trade an option? No? Then I guess it wasn't really "voluntary," was it. Think these things through before posting something you think is clever.

Of course it was.  You were free to choose not to trade & find out the mugger's response.  Just like a woman can choose not to work for a pittance & watch her kids starve to death.  Freedom is a wonderful thing, it's delicious you must have some.

Edit: brackets
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 07:50:22 PM

Unless you live deep in the amazon jungle you have to pay taxes, anywhere in the world. Theres no getting away from it.
I pay no taxes and live in no amazon jungle.
Freeganism.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 07:51:23 PM

Unless you live deep in the amazon jungle you have to pay taxes, anywhere in the world. Theres no getting away from it.

Is this a statement of fact, or a hypothesis? Would one example of a place without taxes that is not in the amazon jungle prove your theory wrong? Would you then just keep expanding your theory until it became "Unless you live in a place without tax-collecting government, you have to pay taxes anywhere in the world?"
crumbs

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:52:53 PM

What do you think makes a meme -- obscurity or repetition.  Still thinking?  Oh, come on, i'll give you a hint, it's the last one.  ... Give up?  Ok, it's the last one, repetition!  Yeah, sure you were about to say that.

So... "the earth is round" is a meme then?

It's not a biconditional, you goof.  Here:  So... since all men are mortal, then all mortals are men? Answer: NO.

That's a gradeschool logic mistake. Cheesy
crumbs

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:54:14 PM

I already lived in a paradise much like that -- ya iz toy je stranyi kak tyi, moy daragoyi Smiley  (Translated: I am from the same country as you, my dear)

Ah. Well, I guess that explains why you are still defending the motherland, while the rest of us got the fuck out in the 80's/90's.

If you think admitting that the rock's as bad as the hard place = defending, then why, pray tell, are you defending this statist disaster?

Uh... what? Which one am I defending? I don't live in Ukraine or Italy, and don't like US much either.

Uhh...  then i'm not defending Russia. Have you stop facepalming yet? Cheesy
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 07:54:35 PM

Skin cells on my shirt.  - PRIVATE AND PERSONAL
Some record that claims I own a tree. - PRIVATE
The ink from a pen I wrote with. - PERSONAL, unless you are talking about the ink still in your pen, in which case PRIVATE
A silo of grain ten million miles away someone just sold me. - PRIVATE
The mining rigs that pay to my address. - PRIVATE
The Dollars in my bank. - PRIVATE

Half are personal, the other private. Can you not determine which? Of course we can all see which is which.

Did I do that right?
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 08:03:15 PM

The sad fact is that, yes, slavery has historicly been found coincincidntal to capitalsim. It's also been found coincidental to just about every other known form of governance, including those matriachies that certain posters seem so fond of.  Corrolation is not causation.

Of course not.  Just like smoking doesn't cause cancer Wink  Sure, there's some correlation, but causation?  The only difference is in smoking & cancer, the correlation is much weaker than in capitalism & slavery.  Fact Cat agreez.

The point is don't use correlation, use method of how it happens. Smoking wasn't proven to cause cancer because of correlation, it was proven to cause cancer because of the specific methods discovered. So, I'll get you started on this:
"Capitalism is the cause of ((contemporary wage)) slavery because when people practice capitalism they need to exploit margins which leads to slavery.

I absolutely agree.  That's why armed mugging is so popular Cheesy  I point a gun at your face & offer you a profitable trade:  Your life for your wallet.  After a quick negotiation, you conclude that it's in your enlightened self interest to part with your wallet & not your brains.  Another deal done Grin

Which is why the richest men in the world have made their wealth by armed mugging. Or, which is why armed muggers are the richest people in the world  Roll Eyes I seriously can not face-palm hard enough at this. I mean, if you really believe this, why not go out, invest in a gun, and become a multi-millionaire yourself?

In the cases that voluntary exchange is not mutually beneficial, such exchanges cannot (by reason) be voluntary.

Depends on what you mean by "voluntary."  In the above trade, you could have chosen to keep your wallet & pick your brains up off the sidewalk.  I love freedom of choice.

Was choosing not to trade an option? No? Then I guess it wasn't really "voluntary," was it. Think these things through before posting something you think is clever.
Edited.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 08:05:54 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 08:25:54 PM by ktttn

Skin cells on my shirt.  - PRIVATE AND PERSONAL
Some record that claims I own a tree. - PRIVATE
The ink from a pen I wrote with. - PERSONAL, unless you are talking about the ink still in your pen, in which case PRIVATE
A silo of grain ten million miles away someone just sold me. - PRIVATE
The mining rigs that pay to my address. - PRIVATE
The Dollars in my bank. - PRIVATE

Did I do that right?

Those things are all public.

Edit: Poll! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=239271.0

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
crumbs

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:22:38 PM

The point is don't use correlation, use method of how it happens. Smoking wasn't proven to cause cancer because of correlation, it was proven to cause cancer because of the specific methods discovered. So, I'll get you started on this:
"Capitalism is the cause of ((contemporary wage)) slavery because when people practice capitalism they need to exploit margins which leads to slavery.

Which is why the richest men in the world have made their wealth by armed mugging. Or, which is why armed muggers are the richest people in the world  Roll Eyes I seriously can not face-palm hard enough at this. I mean, if you really believe this, why not go out, invest in a gun, and become a multi-millionaire yourself?

Edited.

And what wage did you expect, ktttn?  Paying you more than is absolutely necessary is simply not enlightened self-interest.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:25:44 PM

Freeganism.

I thought you lived in the US, do you not pay sales taxes?  Do you never buy anything at all?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 08:27:25 PM

Freeganism.

I thought you lived in the US, do you not pay sales taxes?  Do you never buy anything at all?
Grin
Hi.
Never. Anything. At all.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
crumbs

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:28:37 PM

Freeganism.

Wasn't it you that posted a that freedomizer NH link, MoonShadow? NH
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 08:31:36 PM

Edited.

And what wage did you expect, ktttn?  Paying you more than is absolutely necessary is simply not enlightened self-interest.
Well I expected a gosh darn goose egg.
Too bad about all those negative integer net earners, hm?

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:35:05 PM

Freeganism.

Grin
Hi.
Never. Anything. At all.

And no one buys anything on your behalf either, I suppose.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:44:44 PM

Freeganism.

Maybe.  I don't remember that one.  I'm pretty sure there are still taxes in NH, though.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 08:46:13 PM

Ah, thank you. So, can you explain what you mean by "wage slavery?" Does it involve being forced to do anything against his/her will?
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:46:47 PM

Freeganism.

Grin
Hi.
Never. Anything. At all.

This makes me even more curious.  How do you access this forum, if you neither own anything, nor buy time at a cybercafe?

crumbs

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:48:24 PM

Freeganism.

Grin
Hi.
Never. Anything. At all.

This makes me even more curious.  How do you access this forum, if you neither own anything, nor buy time at a cybercafe?

She's one of those weird people with friends...
crumbs

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:48:57 PM

Freeganism.

I thought you lived in the US, do you not pay sales taxes?  Do you never buy anything at all?

Maybe.  I don't remember that one.  I'm pretty sure there are still taxes in NH, though.

Nah.  No sales tax.
It's also the birthplace of the fabulous GG Allin (RIP)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: