Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:38:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If price of BTC reach 50K who is going to buy?  (Read 3391 times)
MaoChao
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1133

Get Some!

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:28:01 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2017, 02:48:46 PM by MaoChao

Repeat after me:

In a world with creeping and rampant inflation and soon hyperinflation, I must put all my extra money into deflationary assets in order to survive and retire with wealth.
In a world with creeping and rampant inflation and soon hyperinflation, I must put all my extra money into deflationary assets in order to survive and retire with wealth.

Tape this to your damn refrigerator. NEVER FORGET IT.

Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:38:12 PM

Not everyone needs to buy a complete bitcoin for investing their money in bitcoin. If the price is $2000 and you buy 0.1 for $200, then if the price reaches $20k you should buy 0.01 for $200. That is how it works. If you have the money, it doesn't really matter if what is the price of bitcoin if you are buying for long term, it will always go higher and you will get your profit, all you need to do is to believe in it.
suryana

Activity: 1218
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:47:25 PM

Which makes bitcoin very valuable because of its advantages. As assets as well currency. Even very likely if bitcoin reaches $50K, will still be a demand for it. Due to little bitcoin supply. As long as it can be traded, there will always be supply and demand.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:55:45 PM

Everybody.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 05:05:33 PM

I just sat down reasoning about everybody's decision to  hold or keep their BTC, if the price of BTC reaches 50K today who is going to buy at that price? then there will be many sellers and few buyers,  is the reasons for holding or keeping the BTC justifiable? please some convincing explanations.

The time is not coming now when bitcoin price 50k, but i have good thinking about bitcoin's future and i aware you definitely bitcoin will reach at $50000. But i can guess bitcoin need 5 to 7 years to come at this price.
May be in that time, people have money and now still you see bitcoin at $4200 then people buy it not easily but still people are buying the bitcoin.
Then why not people buy the bitcoin when bitcoin has a expensive price.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
suppersz

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

There is a day to be born, and another to die

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:30:43 PM

If btc manages to hit $50k, there will probably already be a lot more infrastructure embedded into the world economy. It won't just be speculators and investors buying bitcoin, it will have a lot more businesses, maybe countries, maybe banking institutions using it, gambling, etc. Bitcoin has real uses that don't really care what the current prices are.

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 6348

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:56:13 PM

In a world with creeping and rampant inflation and soon hyperinflation [...]

Where do you see "rampant" inflation? Well, there are some high-inflation countries like Argentina, with ~23% inflation, and there may be extreme cases like Venezuela with even much higher inflation. But in most of the world we have 0-3% inflation or even deflation like in Japan and parts of the EU.

And this myth that "in one year/few months/tomorrow we will have hyperinflation all over the world" is already a couple of years old. I'm still waiting.

I think Bitcoin must not depend on the world currencies being inflationary. It must be able to succeed even in a world with low inflation. And I think it will, or is already succeeding. If it succeeds as a currency, it will be bought if we have $50.000, but it won't be bought by people that wait for $100.000, but because of people needing it for buys and transfers.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:03:40 PM

Who's going to buy? ME.
If it hits $50k it's a sure bet it will hit 10x that it's just a matter of time.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:08:58 PM

In a world with creeping and rampant inflation and soon hyperinflation [...]

Where do you see "rampant" inflation? Well, there are some high-inflation countries like Argentina, with ~23% inflation, and there may be extreme cases like Venezuela with even much higher inflation. But in most of the world we have 0-3% inflation or even deflation like in Japan and parts of the EU.

And this myth that "in one year/few months/tomorrow we will have hyperinflation all over the world" is already a couple of years old. I'm still waiting.

I think Bitcoin must not depend on the world currencies being inflationary. It must be able to succeed even in a world with low inflation. And I think it will, or is already succeeding. If it succeeds as a currency, it will be bought if we have $50.000, but it won't be bought by people that wait for $100.000, but because of people needing it for buys and transfers.

Inflation is incredibly low. The same money buys the same shit as a few years ago as far as I can tell, and gas is a lot cheaper.
Crypto prices have gone way up not becuase fiat has lost value, but because people see the utility and value in it. It's also a hedge in case inflation starts to be an issue. Which it's currently NOT.
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:42:37 AM

Bitcoin price $50k is possible but not now. It needs long times. If really Bitcoin reaches $50k so, I don't buy Bitcoin with this high rate. I will try to take advantages with it. Because I am a small investor in the crypto world.
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:48:03 AM

I don't know how high the price grows, but the users who trust in it and buy. The reason I believe is that it has the smallest denomination which allows the user to buy that is affordable. Even now people say that the price is high, but still they continue to buy as well invest into it thinking the benefits it provides in the future.
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:21:11 PM

Local exchanges would still continue to buy, as well as traders of course. But obviously the volume of sell will outnumbered the volume of buy. Still, there are always people that would buy btc at any rate. Why not, if they need to buy some stuff with btc.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:18:54 PM

Local exchanges would still continue to buy, as well as traders of course. But obviously the volume of sell will outnumbered the volume of buy. Still, there are always people that would buy btc at any rate. Why not, if they need to buy some stuff with btc.

He is not speaking about Bitcoin reaching that price over night!
When the price will be about 50k everybody will continue buying, however not whole bitcoins, furthermore small fractions like bits or even satoshis!
And there will also be damn rich people who will just laugh about 50k and buy pretty good chunk if they want!
So nothing will be different compared to nowadays.
Ok the only difference will be that guys like us will probably be able to enjoy life, if you were smart enough to accumulate as much as you can when price was still cheap.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:48:47 PM

When BTC reaches $50k that's when the major investors would focus on bitcoin because they know bitcoin is a real deal! There are rich dudes that really have the money to buy bitcoin no matter how expensive it gets. There are people that still don't believe in bitcoin when the value reached $10k that is when they'll focus more on bitcoin because they know there must be something good with bitcoin and when study it they'll surely invest their money into bitcoin. Cheesy
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:16:05 PM

Bitcoin price $50k is possible but not now. It needs long times. If really Bitcoin reaches $50k so, I don't buy Bitcoin with this high rate. I will try to take advantages with it. Because I am a small investor in the crypto world.
Right bitcoin price reach to 50k is possible but it take more time because bitcoin reach to 4000$ take to eight or nine years, so that means we can evaluate that bitcoin price will really take more time to reach $50k. So I think that's time we have much money and we buy it, you need to don't worry because i hope that time you will have also much more money you buy it very easily, so your investment continue to long term that way you collect more amount of money.
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:22:29 PM

When BTC reaches $50k that's when the major investors would focus on bitcoin because they know bitcoin is a real deal! There are rich dudes that really have the money to buy bitcoin no matter how expensive it gets. There are people that still don't believe in bitcoin when the value reached $10k that is when they'll focus more on bitcoin because they know there must be something good with bitcoin and when study it they'll surely invest their money into bitcoin. Cheesy
that's right there's still many non believers that will start recognizing the good chances that bitcoin will bring to them though 50k is really too high
but its a reality that there's still rich people who can afford to buy and keep the chain to cycle, buy low and sell high will still the same pattern.
chicken65

Activity: 770
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:53:26 PM

I just sat down reasoning about everybody's decision to  hold or keep their BTC, if the price of BTC reaches 50K today who is going to buy at that price? then there will be many sellers and few buyers,  is the reasons for holding or keeping the BTC justifiable? please some convincing explanations.

I think the most expensive stock around is Berkshire Hathaway @ $213,000 per share.
Doesn't stop people buying and trading those shares although many will trade
a fraction of one share which is what will and does happen with Bitcoin.

You currently think in terms of 1 Bitcoin as ownership.
Newcomers wont be thinking like that. 1 BTC will be the dream to achieve (eventually).
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:01:04 PM

This is the weakest reasoning I have ever seen. Don't forget what was the price in 2009 and what is now. Did we stop buying or demand get decreased in anyway? Infact quite opposite, demand is increasing at fast rate. In future too the thing will remain same. Demand will be there because of limited supply. There would be enough buyers.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:05:47 PM

What in the name of Christ made you think that if it reaches 50k, everyone would stop buying? And why so?
You don't see the number of users increasing too with the price as well?
Can't they buy smaller pieces? Will Bitcoin shoot to such levels in a go?
If everyone starts thinking the way you think, then people will surely adopt pessimism and we will end up in the grave.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 4219

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:22:05 PM

With the price of BTC soaring, the unit of measure for it should be the mBTC, where 1 mBTC = 1/1000 BTC = 0.001 BTC. One can easily obtain 1 mBTC by paying around $4.6 for it. There's no need to buy a whole BTC, which is what many people are not aware of. I hope this change of units is implemented soon, so that this psychological barrier is lifted.

Other units that could be used:

μBTC or bits (= 1/1000000 BTC = 1/1000 mBTC)
Satoshi (= 1/100000000 BTC = 1/100 μBTC)

So, 0.123 BTC = 123 mBTC = 123000 bits = 12300000 satoshi.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: