Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:00:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Enigma Hacked; Over $470,000 in Ethereum Stolen  (Read 3701 times)
somacoin

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 09:45:24 AM

Well there's a good chance to get the Hacker.

He/she/it moved 676 Ether of the stolen Enigma funds to Bitfinex:

https://etherscan.io/address/0x4c70bb26126baa4d973115ee0e30879b33fa35c4

REPORT IT. x-POST it on Reddit.
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:13:41 AM

Enigma can t resolve that?  strange and funny for the concept.

OK the Hack is clearly bad... a lot of amount of money disappear. Well, i hope they find a solution. I like them.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
WayneMC

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:14:42 AM

This is really a PR disaster for a company where security should be absolutely paramount.

Will definitely be thinking twice before participating in an enigma ICO in the future.

The only consolation here is that more money wasn't lost - $470k is chickenfeed compared to some of the recent raids on ICO funds!

Any idea when a re-ICO is going to be?
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:32:40 AM

More like Enigma "Hacked". This is ridiculous.. The fact that every ICO scam gets hacked these days, doesnt it make you think that something else is wrong?
Bitforking

Activity: 145
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:27:28 AM

this is very profitable if the eth is hackable. or there is a back door in its ethereum system?

people should go back to BTC with their ICOs it is good for all parties, especially the small investers.

As hacking could be insiders' job most of the time
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:43:35 AM

That is not good way to go with this. I use ICO a lot and i know there are trojans moving all around the crypto world. Never thought the number will increase to this extent and we will have to dicuss about the security of the ICO like this. It is not good news for the enigma investors. What happens with thr shareholders ? How they will payback thr money they took from the investors. Is there any security for the funds at least? Does anyone has idea about this. Please let me know.
roomfirst

Activity: 516
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:49:44 PM

According to this comment by someone on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6v0vei/warning_enigma_website_and_slack_probably_hacked/dlwztnt/ Enigma CEO using the same password for all his accounts, that's why the hacker can hack enigma. Once again another hacker on ICO because of stupid things. Are they deserve the second chance ?
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:55:34 PM

This is bad for potential future ICO projects. They need more cybersecurity and hire network security experts to work with their companies, which will limit the loss of large projects.
Social_Cryptonetix

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 01:08:47 PM

Wow, this is kinda scary I mean if slack is that unsecured then maybe people should use something different for their teams etc... 

~Cryptonetix.com~
trashing

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:15:10 PM

This is bad for potential future ICO projects. They need more cybersecurity and hire network security experts to work with their companies, which will limit the loss of large projects.
They just need to have better passwords !
Seriously, I don't trust ICOs from companies that give just one ETH/BTC address for your deposit. Some are giving one address per contributor. This is much more secure ! And you can track your transfers. This should be a useful information to display on the ICO schedule websites.
Sync485

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:21:15 PM

Is this the same as coindash ?

i wonder this too.  I don't understand how they do this. And did they make a announcement about this hack?
420_Lord

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:23:26 PM

People should be more cautious when sending ether and learn from the past.
pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:24:45 PM

Feel sorry for the victims and the projects, there are too many scammers around. Hopefully, there is a way to secure ICOs’ fund raising.

It seems this is another coindash event that the hacker stole the eth by replacing the correct contract address with the wrong one. Why not announce the address advance and use the block height to start the ICO crowdsale?
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:35:41 PM

Ethereum has to do something before things get out of hand. Hackers should be tackle head long in other for the  ico that are using Ethereum token to succeed. Ethereum price has also been limit because of the fear of hackers people that see Ethereum as alternative to bitcoin have changed their minds because of hackers activities on their wallet.
LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:40:31 PM

Another hacked ICO.
I thought it was just a rumor, so it was true, huh?

No wonder these few days I always got email notification from slack, all of it was the same email but with different senders.
They always asked us to secure our MEW over their given link. Seems like it was from scammers or hacker.
I hope this thing won't ever happen again.
nogoodcoin

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:44:42 PM

once again.  Roll Eyes More Ethereum Stolen!

An unknown hacker has so far stolen more than $471,000 worth of Ethereum—one of the most popular and increasingly valuable cryptocurrencies—in yet another Ethereum hack that hit the popular cryptocurrency investment platform, Enigma.

http://thehackernews.com/2017/08/enigma-cryptocurrency-hack.html?m=1

This incident marks as the fifth Ethereum hack within two months, following a theft of:
$8.4 Million worth of Ethereum during Veritaseum's Initial Coin Offering (ICO).
$32 Million worth of Ethereum from Parity's Ethereum Wallet accounts.
$7 Million worth of Ether during the hack of Israeli startup CoinDash's ICO.
$1 Million worth of Ether and Bitcoins heist in cryptocurrency exchange Bithumb.

I am now thinking it's a real hack or just a thief in its own team members.Who knows!

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
Fluffy Bunny

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:46:32 PM

Lol.... probably it will happen again and it's price will drop for like 10-15% like it happened before, but pretty sure it will be just temporary, so brace yourselves
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:06:46 PM

Maybe stop using centralized shit like website based ICOs and slack.

Dumb, lazy and greedy ICO gamblers deserve crap like this.

They will never learn. People want to get rich quick. Me too of course, who doesn't, but the difference is, I put some research on what I buy and I consider the risks.

The problem with ETH and why it will never be a good store of value is because of things like this. Hacks will keep happening. No matter if it's a hack or an inside job.. the point is, tons of ETH will keep getting stolen and dumped into the market, crushing the price. The more ICO's, the higher chance of a lot of ETH getting stolen and dumped, and ETH holders will suffer the consequences.

BTC is way simpler, so things like this don't happen.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:15:46 PM

Maybe stop using centralized shit like website based ICOs and slack.

Dumb, lazy and greedy ICO gamblers deserve crap like this.

They will never learn. People want to get rich quick. Me too of course, who doesn't, but the difference is, I put some research on what I buy and I consider the risks.

The problem with ETH and why it will never be a good store of value is because of things like this. Hacks will keep happening. No matter if it's a hack or an inside job.. the point is, tons of ETH will keep getting stolen and dumped into the market, crushing the price. The more ICO's, the higher chance of a lot of ETH getting stolen and dumped, and ETH holders will suffer the consequences.

BTC is way simpler, so things like this don't happen.
You do have a point because most of ICOs now are basing on ETH platform which the main mistakes on here is those devs who do make store on those tokens on which it do really compromising the price of ETH and the one who should be blame on this hacking incidents are those dev who do make such wallet or storage of those coins.
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:40:52 PM

According to this comment by someone on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6v0vei/warning_enigma_website_and_slack_probably_hacked/dlwztnt/ Enigma CEO using the same password for all his accounts, that's why the hacker can hack enigma. Once again another hacker on ICO because of stupid things. Are they deserve the second chance ?
If this is true, how come a CEO act like this? Using same password for all his accounts is very very stupid things. This is just like a newbie who doesn't knoew anything how to secure his account.
My advice to all dev, don't use slack again because it's very suspicious for me. Just use this forum to update/chatting with your participants.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: