Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:01:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to retrieve BCH  (Read 473 times)
midboss (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:18:31 AM

Hi All,

I had a bitcoin-core wallet that I was recently able to recover. A friend of mine gave me a Trezor this week so I decided to transfer my bitcoin into it as it's supposed to be more secure, thus leaving my Bitcoin-Core wallet empty. Now after reading about BCH I checked the Beta version of the Trezor firmware and it was unable to find any BCH to split off.

Have I lost the BCH or is it still somewhere in the empty Bitcoin-Core wallet?

Thanks!
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:20:49 AM

Your bitcoin cash will be in the old wallet. Wherever the funds weren't on August first is where they are now. I just used electron, the electrum fork. Worked as easily as electrum with pretty much 0 learning curve!
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:47:55 AM

Hi All,

I had a bitcoin-core wallet that I was recently able to recover. A friend of mine gave me a Trezor this week so I decided to transfer my bitcoin into it as it's supposed to be more secure, thus leaving my Bitcoin-Core wallet empty. Now after reading about BCH I checked the Beta version of the Trezor firmware and it was unable to find any BCH to split off.

Have I lost the BCH or is it still somewhere in the empty Bitcoin-Core wallet?

Thanks!

no, your BCH still in your address you can check it here : https://blockchair.com/bitcoin-cash/blocks
if yes you just need to sweep the BCH to your new address
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:56:24 AM

I found a detailed guide on how to manage your Bitcoin Cash if you are using Bitcoin Core, paper wallet or othe wallet.
In short - each of the wallets you may use has specific instructions on how to extract your private keys.
Follow their instructions and then use your private keys to open a new Bitcoin Cash specific wallet.
https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-split-Bitcoin-Cash-BCC-from-Bitcoins-in-Bitcoin-Core
midboss (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:36:19 AM

Your bitcoin cash will be in the old wallet. Wherever the funds weren't on August first is where they are now. I just used electron, the electrum fork. Worked as easily as electrum with pretty much 0 learning curve!

Thanks for all the help folks!

When I try to use Electron, I get the below message when trying to import my wallet.dat from Bitcoin Core. Is this normal or should I be expecting something else?
http://imgur.com/a/nUU8r

I also tried Bitcoin ABC and got a 0 balance of BCC when importing my wallet. It shows all of my BTC transactions so the wallet is/should be valid...
http://imgur.com/a/VhXe3
BitcoinReseller

Activity: 386
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:47:06 PM

try this step by step tutorial i guess it will help you  Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2078292.0

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:20:25 PM

Thanks for all the help folks!

When I try to use Electron, I get the below message when trying to import my wallet.dat from Bitcoin Core. Is this normal or should I be expecting something else?

I also tried Bitcoin ABC and got a 0 balance of BCC when importing my wallet. It shows all of my BTC transactions so the wallet is/should be valid...

Before you start messing around go back and see that the original fund transfer took place. If it didn't then everything's back in your first wallet if it did then it's in the second wallet. Don't do everything on the computer get online and see what wallet addresses have and where the balance is at.
midboss (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:01:02 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the help everyone, I was able to get my BCH from the original wallet!

Required me going through 20 addresses to find the one which had coin on it (not sure why there were 20 addresses considering it was all 1 wallet but I digress) but in the end I was able to get it all up and running and on to Electron.

Thanks again for all the help folks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: