Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:56:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Estonia could offer ‘estcoins’ to e-residents (proposal to issue tokens w/ ICO)  (Read 497 times)
scam confirmed (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 07:28:31 PM

What the hell? This is actually real:

https://medium.com/e-residency-blog/estonia-could-offer-estcoins-to-e-residents-a3a5a5d3c894

I honestly hope they're doing it, if only for the incredible marketing that this would bring to cryptocurrencies.

Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:27:12 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2017, 03:42:17 AM by Barbarian

https://medium.com/e-residency-blog/estonia-could-offer-estcoins-to-e-residents-a3a5a5d3c894

I honestly hope they're doing it, if only for the incredible marketing that this would bring to cryptocurrencies.
To be honest I do not know if this is going to be as good as you think, because if the ICO fails then this is going to create the image that not even the ICOs created by countries can become successful, we know that is not true, but that is us, for the average people that is going to be message they are going to get out of this.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:31:41 PM

I live in neighboring country of Estonia and recently discovered that they have e-residency available which is a very good idea/ innovation .
And I am exploring the option to use it, only problem with which I encountered that one should pay for address in Estonia to be able to use  the e- residency.

Anyways it is a amazing step forward and if they release the ICO I will definitely buy it because it will be a huge success.
Why ?
1) This is completely unique
2) If there is strong correlation between the e-residency and ICO, it will grow!

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
phoenixdowndee

Activity: 1036
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:31:10 PM

It's a very interesting concept, I think the fact that Estonia is a technological country anyway really helps, also because it is a relatively small country (in population) it is more viable than a large population. Only time will tell if this goes through or if it will be successful.

I am glad it is not happening in the country i live in, as it is very risky if not implemented correctly.
prehisto

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:07:58 PM

It's a very interesting concept, I think the fact that Estonia is a technological country anyway really helps, also because it is a relatively small country (in population) it is more viable than a large population. Only time will tell if this goes through or if it will be successful.

I am glad it is not happening in the country i live in, as it is very risky if not implemented correctly.

What do you think is so risky  about this ?

prehisto

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:40:36 PM

It seems that it will not be happening.
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/no-estonia-isnt-launching-an-ico-for-a-state-backed-digital-currency/

That s sad for me since i wanted to see what would happen if they did. I was thinking that it would have been a great success.

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:48:00 PM

It seems that it will not be happening.
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/no-estonia-isnt-launching-an-ico-for-a-state-backed-digital-currency/

That s sad for me since i wanted to see what would happen if they did. I was thinking that it would have been a great success.

I also wanted to see what would be the outcome of this but it seems that it is not happening anymore. For a moment, I believe that this would push through because I know that Estonia embraces technology with open arms and they try to incorporate it to their government. It appears that their leaders are somewhat "open-minded" with what good things technology could bring to their people. There's a high chance that this will not be the last time that they'll try it and I'm looking forward to it.  Grin
cryptolerant

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:01:51 PM

If that would happen, I'd be really happy because I'm one of the Estonian e-resident. That made me super excited. Will be following up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: