Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:17:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The 'real' Bitcoin  (Read 1002 times)
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:20:56 AM

this is interesting to talk, so there will be varians of bitcoin like altcoin? hm sounds interesting. i think its depend on what purpose people will use their bitcoin. i think there is something in my head that might be confusing to thinking that in future, IF the three varians bitcoin is exist, then we need to know what benefits from each bitcoins. but for real, bitcoin is still bitcoin no matter if bitcoin have another varians. i am sorry, i really don't know and i am not yet learn too deep about bitcoin, but i only say what in my head.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:01:15 AM

Why does Bitcoin Core (status quo / Segwit soft fork) cease to be Bitcoin, just because some hard forks were created?
Because Bitcoin Core and SegWit2X is a radical departure from the white paper.  SegWit is the fork.  Bitcoin Cash follows the original idea and it is the same thing that Satoshi called 'Bitcoin'.  SegWit is not Bitcoin.  SegWit is not even like Bitcoin.  SegWit might be interesting science and a good approach to scaling - but it is not Bitcoin.

That's a tough sell. That might be true if we didn't consider soft fork upgrades like P2SH to be Bitcoin...but we do. Segwit is backward compatible, so it's a bit silly to say that it's a radical departure from Bitcoin, isn't it? Users with currently standard wallets and addresses can continue as normal once Segwit activates, and the network will go on without a hitch.

Creating a separate, incompatible network in hopes that users will migrate to it, and that it will attain majority hash rate? That doesn't sound like Bitcoin to me...
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:38:34 PM

So everyone is fighting to argue that their prong of the fork is the 'real' bitcoin.  But that distinction is clearly behind us now.  There is no 'real' bitcoin.  Rather there are 3 prongs each of which share the same genesis block and early history.  Bitcoin now includes:

• Bitcoin 1 : Bitcoin Cash
  • Bitcoin 2 : Bitcoin SegWit2X
  • Bitcoin 3 : Bitcoin Core

To help all members of the community, it is beneficial that everyone stop fighting over who will be the 'real' bitcoin and clearly distinguish between all three viable networks.  Further fighting over the 'Bitcoin' brand is damaging to all three.  When writing about your favorite prong, please use the designators above.

Man, I don’t have time to check those stuffs, all I do is stay on the side with highest price, where I can make bigger profits. Whether Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SegWit2x or Bitcoin Core, wherever I see the people getting into, that’s where I’m going. But, op is wrong in a way, because no matter how many splits, the real bitcoin will always remain. So I believe Bitcoin Core is the real one.
Answerme2

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:58:38 PM

So everyone is fighting to argue that their prong of the fork is the 'real' bitcoin.  But that distinction is clearly behind us now.  There is no 'real' bitcoin.  Rather there are 3 prongs each of which share the same genesis block and early history.  Bitcoin now includes:

To help all members of the community, it is beneficial that everyone stop fighting over who will be the 'real' bitcoin and clearly distinguish between all three viable networks.  Further fighting over the 'Bitcoin' brand is damaging to all three.  When writing about your favorite prong, please use the designators above.

I am not supporter of Bitcoin Cash as it is an altcoin.For me,real bitcoin will be either Bitcoin Core or Bitcoin Segwit.It depends on the aftermath of november fork which of these two coins has major support.I won't dump any of these two and Hold them because that's the safest and smartest option if you care for your money.

HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:13:34 PM

Why do we even need all these separate versions anyway? It seems like the original Bitcoin was working great. Doesn't seem like Bitcoin Cash is doing much of any good.

I would be interested to see if more forks happen in the future. We're less than 10 years into Bitcoin so in 100 years who knows how many potential forks or splits can happen.    Shocked
Its true that Bitcoin cash is not delivering any thing special and bitcoin is functioning well.But this situation may change upside down in november when another fork is to be done by miners who support segwit 2x.This is because this time,most of miners who had already signed in New York Agreement (NYA) has decided to hard fork bitcoin by supporting segwit 2x.More companies and exchanges are also supporting segwit 2x unlike BCH.So,this time we would have to wait and see whether bitcoin core succeeds or bitcoin with segwit 2x succeeds as real bitcoin.
RawDog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 03:18:31 PM

all I do is stay on the side with highest price, where I can make bigger profits.
When Bitcoin Cash takes over from the fighting two SegWit prongs, you will make the MOST profit being on BCH as it surpasses BTC. 

SegWit is a disaster waiting to happen.  Only one day after the first fork, SegWit2X started fighting with SegWitCore and the next new fork was proposed.  Core is lying and cheating to get their way.  They promised 2X, now they back out of that same lie for a second time.  No way those guys can be the 'real Bitcoin'.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:14:40 PM

The real bitcoin is so ver useful.And bitcoin is tested to be legit.Many people are already changed lives with the help of bitcoin.Bitcoin has so many benefits and has been very useful especially to the financial status of the people .
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:26:26 PM

all I do is stay on the side with highest price, where I can make bigger profits.
When Bitcoin Cash takes over from the fighting two SegWit prongs, you will make the MOST profit being on BCH as it surpasses BTC. 

SegWit is a disaster waiting to happen.  Only one day after the first fork, SegWit2X started fighting with SegWitCore and the next new fork was proposed.  Core is lying and cheating to get their way.  They promised 2X, now they back out of that same lie for a second time.  No way those guys can be the 'real Bitcoin'.

Regardless of what anyone says. The real bitcoin will always be what the community will adopt and support. Chances are though if BCH gets enough traction to it, there is a possibility it could turn to be the real bitcoin. As of now, the status quo is that BCH is an alt-coin and there is some support to it, but not enough yet to topple the current bitcoin with Segwit.
musbeto

Activity: 75
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:34:50 PM

I can not know what is real when it has a fork, where it is necessary to rely on a large number of investment decisions. But I only have one thing that is always true, never accept BCC.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:40:28 PM

I agree. Let's stop all the battles going around the Bitcoin community! Sadly, we the ordinary guys could not do anything if  self-professed Bitcoin leaders would not be heeding the call to instead sit down, talk and then unite with a common purpose and interest in mind.

I do believe that the real Bitcoin is no other than Bitcoin and any other coin though bearing the name Bitcoin are just alternative ones. Bitcoin Cash can be considered as a daughter of the original Bitcoin and though it can have a life of its own and be valuable too the fact is that it is also just an altcoin and nobody can change its history...not today, not tomorrow, not forever.

There can be a thousand forks and splits but we know the real score here. Nothing can beat the original and even if they can copy it we can easily distinguish the real one from just another copy. And there is no debate on that.
joganuts

Activity: 355

Gric Coin - Redefining Agriculture and Increasing

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:41:59 PM

Why do we even need all these separate versions anyway? It seems like the original Bitcoin was working great. Doesn't seem like Bitcoin Cash is doing much of any good.

I would be interested to see if more forks happen in the future. We're less than 10 years into Bitcoin so in 100 years who knows how many potential forks or splits can happen.    Shocked
The principle of having option or the splitting of Bitcoin is for decentralization which is finally happened for Bitcoin stock to have movement in the market for it to develop and to continuously have growth on its price , value and transactions.

warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:48:59 PM

There is a style of government "Divide and conquer". If regular fork will not end we can lose bitcoin. This behavior of the currency is disastrous. Those who say that bitcoin is a decentralized currency can make sure that it is not. Our money invested in bitcoins depends on people unable to agree among themselves and it's sad.
EpicFail

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:09:48 PM

Well in the last day or so Bitcoin Cash has crashed from $600+ to $540 while BTC is making new highs.

When can we expect another BCH/BCC pump?
BittyBatty

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:54:17 PM

So everyone is fighting to argue that their prong of the fork is the 'real' bitcoin.  But that distinction is clearly behind us now.  There is no 'real' bitcoin.  Rather there are 3 prongs each of which share the same genesis block and early history.  Bitcoin now includes:

To help all members of the community, it is beneficial that everyone stop fighting over who will be the 'real' bitcoin and clearly distinguish between all three viable networks.  Further fighting over the 'Bitcoin' brand is damaging to all three.  When writing about your favorite prong, please use the designators above.

I agree. Let's stop all the battles going around the Bitcoin community! Sadly, we the ordinary guys could not do anything if  self-professed Bitcoin leaders would not be heeding the call to instead sit down, talk and then unite with a common purpose and interest in mind.

I do believe that the real Bitcoin is no other than Bitcoin and any other coin though bearing the name Bitcoin are just alternative ones. Bitcoin Cash can be considered as a daughter of the original Bitcoin and though it can have a life of its own and be valuable too the fact is that it is also just an altcoin and nobody can change its history...not today, not tomorrow, not forever.

There can be a thousand forks and splits but we know the real score here. Nothing can beat the original and even if they can copy it we can easily distinguish the real one from just another copy. And there is no debate on that.

What does this all tell :

Academic papers are good on paper. Practical issues are different. Yes, Bitcoin concept is good then why everybody is not rallying for it and fixing it in a unified way? Because self interest comes and dominates the common good.  Yeah , its a democratic process so anybody can do what they want!!! BS. You will end up with a high theater and fun game nothing serious.

Decentralized comes and demonize the central authority and paint them as evil only to find after a decade decentralized is manipulated as much just that in a different innovative way.

These stupid teams are making a mockery of the whole concept and 3 -4 forks a year and guess what we will end up with in 5 - 10 years. Everything is hunky dory when stakes are less. Once the taste of real money comes in, every system is manipulated and taken advantage of.

Mark my words .. no system and team is looking for common good. They are looking for their way to success and profit. You and me , the common people will become casuality, be it cryptocurrency or fiat.

Sure, i can invest in all of them and wait for the winner  but that is missing the whole point.
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:11:35 PM

Definitely,after november,there would be three versions of bitcoin  as a result of second hard fork.It would definitely spoil the reputation of bitcoin which it has got over these years.Its very clear that all have enjoyed benefits from this magnificent technological invention bitcoin.But not all loyal to it.Some need only their interests to be fulfilled.Bitcoin has already successfully overcome lots of critical situations.Out of the three bitcoins,only two are going to survive.Even miners who support BCH have also now support segwit 2x activation.So,we could expect BCH to die after the hard fork on november.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1159

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:41:26 PM

The real Bitcoin is the real Bitcoin. Bitcoin cash is a completely separate coin. Beyond that there is no question. Anyone who can't accept changes that are made and accepted by the consensus is simply not going to be able to use their coins. With you agree with it or don't agree with it if it change happens at is met with consensus that that's the way it is. The real Bitcoin is the real Bitcoin.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:46:24 PM

Well in the last day or so Bitcoin Cash has crashed from $600+ to $540 while BTC is making new highs.

When can we expect another BCH/BCC pump?

Not until the next difficulty adjustment, which seems to be around 10th September according to the following forecast tool:

http://bch.xbt.it/

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
LevshaK1

Activity: 172

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:54:49 PM

The developers of BCC wanted their coin to become more popular than bitcoin because of its better technical characteristics. They call this coin bitcoin, not an alternative coin.
And I think that this coin is different from the milestones of the remaining alternative coins. This is also bitcoin

RealBitman

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:14:42 PM

For the general public, the main bitcoin is the core, since it costs more and is supported by all wallets, exchanges and crypto-friendly online shops.
Whatever Bcash is, it's just not different/popular/widespread enough to get any interest from serious investors.
Plus it feels like it's just a scam or attack on the real bitcoin from a group of developers and miners.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:32:22 PM

For the general public, the main bitcoin is the core, since it costs more and is supported by all wallets, exchanges and crypto-friendly online shops.
Whatever Bcash is, it's just not different/popular/widespread enough to get any interest from serious investors.
Plus it feels like it's just a scam or attack on the real bitcoin from a group of developers and miners.
Bitcoin Core is indeed the real bitcoin and i don't know why OP has been trying to convince the community otherwise and he even rates the real bitcoin core even lower, Bitcoin Cash is an alt coin and the real reason that its popular is because it's got the name bitcoin attached and that's all, once its mining is unprofitable everyone is going to abandon it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: