Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:03:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people left their full-time employment to go into Bitcoin?  (Read 10617 times)
StevenRA

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:19:13 AM

This sounds like the exception rather than the rule. My guess is we only talk about it when it happens because it is so unusual.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:16:22 AM

I was talking to a friend the other day and he told me that two of his friends has left their full-time employment to concentrate on their Bitcoin ventures. < One in Crypto currency trading and the other into imports & exports, linked to ecommerce >

In light of the fact that Bitcoin is still experimental and very volatile, would you say that this was a good or a bad decision and would you do the same?

How many people have done this already?
My brother is a student, but most of the time it is for bitcoin instead of learning. My brother thinks he may not need much study, it determines the way to make money with bitcoin. When focusing on bitcoin my brother has earned quite high enough income to cover life and get rich
I am like your brother to be honest, i don't spend too much time in studying my notes because i just believe that i don't need those education in school and it is not my priority because those teachings in school are just to make us that education is the key to get rich while they didn't know that being smart is, not smart in school but smart in life so if we want to get rich we should take chances and do some research for the possible opportunity until we sight something like what we have in bitcoin.
maurobiasolo

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

http://scientificcoin.com/

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:27:14 AM

I wouldn't risk my current job but this is mostly because, in this moment, I'm not a big risk taker (lost too much in the past).

Anyway, I somewhat admire who takes his own risks and start to search for gold :-)

SCIENTIFICCOIN - platform for scientific projects with decentralized evaluation

TelegramFacebookTwitter ‖   PLATFORM   ‖ RedditMediumWhitepaper
xtimus

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:31:54 AM

I'm probably going to quit job in 1-2 years for crypto. I have to set up enough mining rigs for passive income that is equal or greater than what I earn from job. Then with the amount of free time from not working, I can trade more efficiently. When a job is costing you thousands because you can't trade at critical times, is when it is time to consider quitting job.

Keeping job for now because of the uncertainty. When it becomes stable income for 1-2 years then I can quit.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:39:18 PM

Actually I left my job to concentrate on my offline business and then do bitcoin trading or earning as a sideline. So I didn't left my full time employment for bitcoin but rather for my business but soon I discovered bitcoin so from my experience its a good choice that I made. I don' regret anything of course I have a lot of challenges along the way and when I found my love on bitcoin again, it has somewhat offer me a good way of earning and now the earnings I got my bitcoin is being used to channel more funds in my offline business. I'm not saying that you should left you day job, but at least now I'm enjoying more time with my family and happy about my financial freedom with the help of bitcoin as my sideline.
i purposely left my full time job to focus with my family since bitcoin already assist me in such the same way, learning how to trade and seek for more ideas inside this forum gives me the confidence to build my own destiny and bitcoin really helps me a lot, now i have my small business being established and i have trading account which i'm trying to make it quite a large portfolio, so on my side i'm a living evidence that if you will take it seriously inside bitcoin industry you will find yourself much better and established future ahead.

Inspiring! So long as you're financially secure, I think it would be okay to leave your full time job for Bitcoin. It would really take your time and effort to do such things, because you would need to learn a lot for trading, forcing others to leave their full time jobs. So in a way, Bitcoin becomes a full time job for them. There's rick in it but they earn from it anyway. I've been earning bitcoin as a sideline as well, but I plan to hold it so I can't use it for my current expenses as of now.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:43:00 PM

Already many people are leaving their jobs in the real world in order to concentrate better in bitcoin. They are willing to get out of the best companies just because of bitcoin. This is the real form of bitcoin strength. Everyone now has the same opinion that bitcoin can change our lives for the better than ever.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:46:50 PM

I never heard of people quitting their job to go fulltime with bitcoin.  If that is the case maybe they know all the factors on how to earn more bitcoin or how they can maximize their earnings.  For sure they think twice before quitting their jobs.  And maybe they are still young and in any case they can still return to their jobs.  They might also realize that they are earning more compared in their jobs and will earn more if they concentrate to bitcoin.
Casalania

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:49:09 PM

If I have a job I will not leave. Because working to bitcoins is not permanent. Not all the time there will be campaigns that will give you a job. Make bitcoin as part time job because we don't know if bitcoin will exist in future.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:51:16 PM

Those who leave their full time job to venture to bitcoin are taking risks. They know that this is a volatile market but they still went for it meaning they truly trust the system and that they be better off going full time on bitcoin. But not everyone can take this risk, you can do both anyway.
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:33:15 PM

I was talking to a friend the other day and he told me that two of his friends has left their full-time employment to concentrate on their Bitcoin ventures. < One in Crypto currency trading and the other into imports & exports, linked to ecommerce >

In light of the fact that Bitcoin is still experimental and very volatile, would you say that this was a good or a bad decision and would you do the same?

If your friends left their full time employment because of btc then they might be earning a lot. I think it's good if what they are making is at least triple of their salary. But the thing is btc earning isn't permanent. It gives great profit, sure but what happened if one day they were hacked and all of their btc gone? They should at least consider their welfare on a long term and not be impulsive and leave their full time employment. Well, unless they were one of those early bitcoiners who acquired thousands of btc at a low price then I might do the same thing.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:46:07 PM

They are brave. For me, I'm not confident enough to be able to bet all on bitcoin. As you say, it's too dangerous - we can lose everything just in a moment. But it can also be all in a short time. I think having a stable job is better.
bitcub

Activity: 951

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 01:50:04 PM

I'm working as a developer, and I believe someday I will quit my job to focus in crypto currency. I just need to raise an investment. A big one.

cinchin

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:13:34 PM

I never heard of people quitting their job to go fulltime with bitcoin.  If that is the case maybe they know all the factors on how to earn more bitcoin or how they can maximize their earnings.  For sure they think twice before quitting their jobs.  And maybe they are still young and in any case they can still return to their jobs.  They might also realize that they are earning more compared in their jobs and will earn more if they concentrate to bitcoin.
- In my country, there are a lot of people quitting full-time work to focus on bitcoin, they see bitcoin as their main job, they spend all their time on bitcoin because they tell me income from bitcoin is better than income from their full-time job
- However, I think this is a risky option, they are betting all on bitcoin and this is the biggest bet in their life, if they fail, they will be nothing, vice versa if they are successful, they will become millionaires. In short, I did not dare to venture like them, I was afraid of failure
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:18:32 PM

well, in my observation, in our forum, there are many bitcoin users that considers having a job and having bitcoin as another source of income which I think is clever. Having a secure source of income is indeed a great idea but not pertaining to everyone. There are still circumstances and factors that an individual consider in decision making.
Some have jobs who make bitcoin a secondary source of income, some are considering bitcoin as primary source, while some have reasons like a mother taking care of children that is why bitcoin is her way of earning while some get tired of jobs and satisfied in earning in bitcoin.
well, bitcoin is a flexible commodity, decentralized in its very own. I am not judging people as lazy because bitcoin is valued for its features which is very beneficiary to all.
no decisions are bad or good if the intentions are good and within a good reason or purpose.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:20:53 PM

I'm working as a developer, and I believe someday I will quit my job to focus in crypto currency. I just need to raise an investment. A big one.
and that can be done inside crypto your knowledge together with your investment will bring you to the joy of success I think crypto will be fit enough
just showcase your capability and allow someone to work with you or invest with and in exchange both of you will succeed.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:24:34 PM

this has been a question for as long as i can remember, people asking or thinking about going full into bitcoin and have it as their primary earning potential.

to this i have always said one thing and i think i will stand on it forever. i think it is not such a good idea to give up financial security of a full time job (relatively safe) to go into bitcoin which is so volatile and unpredictable.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Bastime

Activity: 519

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:26:35 PM

Maybe a lot, it all depends of a situation.
A friend of mine is earning triple times above his salary so quitting from job for him is a clever move because he can handle all the stress accordingly.
So, if you feel you need your job just in case if earning BTC is just an option then stay otherwise it doesn't matter how many years you're loyal to your company but instead it's a matter of earnings and savings.
For me, I am not to that point that I need to quit my Job because I just started BTC signature campaigning so maybe in the future, hopefully.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:53:17 AM

This sounds like the exception rather than the rule. My guess is we only talk about it when it happens because it is so unusual.
This is not unusual. This is very usual rather. Because I myself have seen so many people leaving their full time jobs. I also once thought to give up my job to work properly with bitcoin. Then I realized that what will I do if I get loss in bitcoin? I thought a lot and then I continued my job. Every day people come to me for suggestions and advice weather they should quite their job or not. But they must know that job is also important along with bitcoin
xamil

Activity: 354
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:25:35 AM

When i started in bitcoin i was wondering if how much would i earned on my signature campaign if i rank up my account and how can i sustain my daily needs and my families needs on bitcoin. I was thinking if the days come that i am on a hihgest rank do i need my daily job in which I felt stress everyday or do I choose bitcoin over it? And today my thinking is answered. I need to stay on my daily job as of now because I can handle to post atleast 5 to 6 as of now. But I don't know someday if i choose bitcoin over my job. We do not know what was happen.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:33:19 AM

When i started in bitcoin i was wondering if how much would i earned on my signature campaign if i rank up my account .....

LOL, you do realize that signature campaign is not the only source for earning bitcoin right? and i don't think OP meant it like that either.
there are numerous ways that you can earn bitcoin, from trading to selling stuff and to freelance jobs. signature campaign is like the least amount you can earn.

the difference that earning bitcoin has with earning fiat is that when you earn fiat it doesn't appreciate in time, but when you get paid in bitcoin it will gain value over time too. so if you hold a part of it after expenses it will also become a good investment.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: