Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:49:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - SweepStakeCoin | Fast Fun Secure  (Read 51196 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Grafschmidt

Activity: 599
Merit: 273

---

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:45:42 AM

I always wondered why the big prize has been thrown there (and TOR... ? What's good for? In practice I mean...). There are already GOZZILLIONS of this sweepstakecoins, even if the big stake is working and you can get 10 millions sweep, it's not helping the final price vs. bitcoin. It's just pushing toward the value of a cryptopenny. Or even less, like a decimal of satoshi.

"Government, like dress, is the badge of lost innocence".
Thomas Paine, 1776.
Grafschmidt

---

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:20:28 AM

In addition to that, the network seems to be having problem in synching the chain. I solved in solo blocks that are just not accepted by the chain (in fact, it seems I'm either ahead or backward). I'm trying to keep mine solo for a while and let's see what happens.

Thomas Paine, 1776.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 11:29:49 AM

I always wondered why the big prize has been thrown there (and TOR... ? What's good for? In practice I mean...). There are already GOZZILLIONS of this sweepstakecoins, even if the big stake is working and you can get 10 millions sweep, it's not helping the final price vs. bitcoin. It's just pushing toward the value of a cryptopenny. Or even less, like a decimal of satoshi.

Well,

That is an opinionated thing.

We can bring examples of many coins that have had that argument placed against then for having too many coins int he market; the market being diluted; price this and price that. All arguments are moot when it comes to crypto, as ANYTHING may be be possible. Look at the latest ICO claims making tens of millions of dollars now, for the 'hope' that they will develop what they say they will.

We don't care about price, we care about functionality and productivity. Price is merely a consequence.

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 11:36:32 AM

In addition to that, the network seems to be having problem in synching the chain. I solved in solo blocks that are just not accepted by the chain (in fact, it seems I'm either ahead or backward). I'm trying to keep mine solo for a while and let's see what happens.

That's because the block are being solved faster than you are committing them to the blockchain.

It happens, and always will.

We decided to push a few of our own miners into the CWI-Pool SweepStakeCoin and mine for a little while, and unfortunately for the network currently, we have the highest hashrate, which means the pool will have the better chance of committing to the blockchain than a solo miner would.

Have a look - http://pool.chainworksindustries.com/sweep/index.php?page=dashboard

That doesn't mean solo mining is impossible, it just simply means that solo mining will have a harder time getting blocks in when you are up against a pool with the higher hashrate. We seem to be suffering the same sort of fate in our other pools due to this same issue, with other pools having the much higher hashrate.

The difference is syncing via TOR is slower than Syncing via IPv4 also, as small a situation that may be, it still contributes. Other factors of course contribute to this as well, and they all play a part in the sync/blockchain commits, but there should still be successes in solving blocks solo or not. We all need to take into account the orphan blocks also, as PoS plays a big part in that side of things as well.

#crysx

abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:25:31 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2017, 12:38:42 PM by abudfv2008

2Bl coins is not too much. There are a lot of coins that has 10+ times more. Verge for example, but it still cost 100+satoshi and not 1 as SWEEP. And also thousands BTC of daytrade.
The SweepStake feature is just one thing that makes this coin different and could make it attractive to people - there are a lot of people who play lotteries. But we have what we have.
Actually I don't know what's the problem with TOR. SWEEP wallet works perfectly. It is one of the most stable that I have. For example one of the worst is TZC wallet that crashes blockchain file(or index) each time after improper reboot and doesn't recover it. I always need to delete all files and to sync it again.
Another bad example is Smart wallet - you'll need a lot of time to force to sync it.

I don't know what can bring sweep to life.

Anyone know why there is a difference in hashrate reported by miner when miming to pool vs solo?
My 1060 makes stable 21.3Mh/s to pool. But the same cards show only ~18-19 when mining on local wallet and they greatly fluctuates from 14 to 20.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 12:51:00 PM

2Bl coins is not too much. There are a lot of coins that has 10+ times more. Verge for example, but it still cost 100+satoshi and not 1 as SWEEP. And also thousands BTC of daytrade.
The SweepStake feature is just one thing that makes this coin different and could make it attractive to people - there are a lot of people who play lotteries. But we have what we have.
Actually I don't know what's the problem with TOR. SWEEP wallet works perfectly. It is one of the most stable that I have. For example one of the worst is TZC wallet that crashes blockchain file(or index) each time after improper reboot and doesn't recover it. I always need to delete all files and to sync it again.
Another bad example is Smart wallet - you'll need a lot of time to force to sync it.

TOR hogs resources.

Especially ports. You cannot have another TOR based wallet (especially if you want a couple of SWEEP wallets like we need) when TOR is active as it locks the TOR port. Which means ANY coin that uses TOR needs to be setup on another machine/VM. Unless there is a way around it, which I have no knowledge of.

Apart from that, the SweepStake code itself does not work properly, which eventually forks the blockchain due to the way it finds the sweep block. There is almost no way around it except to recode it using a different method, which changes it from a sweep - to a jackpot. Heard of that coin before Wink

There are a number of other things that need to be looked at, which means that the coin itself will have to change if we are to change the sweepstake code.

I have another bone to pick with you concerning some false 'facts' that you have posted a while back. You really need to get your facts straight when posting about coins that you base ALL you assumptions off ONE place. Those market cap places have not updated for AGES, and you blurted out falsities of figures as well the so called 'facts'. Even at the time of committing that absurd post of yours about GRN and INFX - they were doing very well. Even moreso now, but at the time of post they were doing very well.

When you publish OPINIONS - that's one thing. When you publish what YOU consider FACTS - then do your THOROUGH research BEFORE you post.

I don't want to go back that far now and respond to you ridiculous post, but I assure you when I read it, I was incensed at the fact that YOU do NOT do your thorough research BEFORE you post.

Other than that, you do bring up a few good points and on a number of occasions, actually have some damned good suggestions. It just makes me wonder what on earth you do before your post trash about other coins being dead and low volume and not worth anything. Such garbage belongs in the bin, not here.

I could go on about almost every point you made in that post - especially about answering you directly, as if you are my boss or owner of sorts. I personally have nothing to answer YOU for. Nor do you have the right to have that privilege. I owe you nothing, nor does the company. IF you were a shareholder in the company, THEN I would need to answer you directly as well as have some reasoning as to why when where and what.

ESPECIALLY when it comes to OUR coded miner CWIgm. Making things up about what I said it to be 'polish' is NOT a good argument. Especially when (once again) we OWE YOU NOTHING. This is our right as coders, as individuals, and as a company to produce what when where and how we please. YOU have the right to walk away from it - that's all you have. CWIgm-0.9.9 IS going to be released with a LOT more than a couple more algos in it. Which is one of the reasons we have been working on it for so long. But again, YOU don't have the right to demand from OR command us to do anything we don't feel we should. Say and do what you wish, but not here, or in any of our other threads.

It's this time wastage that I abhor responding to a person who posts such thing when he can't even get his facts straight. I won't tolerate it any longer here mate. Notice I have said 'I' won't tolerate it. I seriously was hoping that you would actually make some decent criticisms, and on occasion you have, but the majority of that post as you can see, still irks me.

That all aside and back to SWEEP, we are considering shifting it's focus off the sweep and onto another niche. Will see how that goes. If you have a concern about that, or have a suggestion, please voice it. If it is unfounded drivel, it will be deleted. I shall be more vigilant with such things in future.

Word of advice - don't take coinmarketcap as the RULE to all data you need to glean to make your decisions before you post. There are other methods and many at that.

#crysx

vitos_i

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:11:30 PM

The latest version wallet 1.3.0.0, or there is a newer version?
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 03:40:29 PM

The latest version wallet 1.3.0.0, or there is a newer version?

That is the latest.

Once organized and if available, a list of all the downloads of the latest wallets for Windows/OSX/Linux (RedHat and Ubuntu) will posted in the main CWI-Thread for reference, and also to maintain ONE place where we will have to update.

#crysx

Grafschmidt

---

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:04:35 PM

That's because the block are being solved faster than you are committing them to the blockchain.

We decided to push a few of our own miners into the CWI-Pool SweepStakeCoin and mine for a little while, and unfortunately for the network currently, we have the highest hashrate, which means the pool will have the better chance of committing to the blockchain than a solo miner would.

Have a look - http://pool.chainworksindustries.com/sweep/index.php?page=dashboard

That doesn't mean solo mining is impossible, it just simply means that solo mining will have a harder time getting blocks in when you are up against a pool with the higher hashrate. We seem to be suffering the same sort of fate in our other pools due to this same issue, with other pools having the much higher hashrate.

The difference is syncing via TOR is slower than Syncing via IPv4 also, as small a situation that may be, it still contributes. Other factors of course contribute to this as well, and they all play a part in the sync/blockchain commits, but there should still be successes in solving blocks solo or not. We all need to take into account the orphan blocks also, as PoS plays a big part in that side of things as well.

#crysx

Then let's hope you can stabilize the client and the chain soon, without TOR.

In any case I've lost half of the blocks I've found, I thought it was a forking problem again.

Thomas Paine, 1776.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 05:08:39 PM

#crysx

Then let's hope you can stabilize the client and the chain soon, without TOR.

In any case I've lost half of the blocks I've found, I thought it was a forking problem again.

Forking?

Not that I can see.

We are testing the new kernels for JHA that will be present in the new CWIgm release. They are running fine and stable, and we will be removing the test mine soon.

So if you want to mine at the CWI-Pool SweepStakeCoin for the time being, you can share in the blocks rather than try and solomine.

#crysx

Grafschmidt

---

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:14:13 PM

Forking?

Not that I can see.

We are testing the new kernels for JHA that will be present in the new CWIgm release. They are running fine and stable, and we will be removing the test mine soon.

So if you want to mine at the CWI-Pool SweepStakeCoin for the time being, you can share in the blocks rather than try and solomine.

#crysx

No I mean I was used to get every block I've found, some months ago, but back then the nethash was a third that it is today. That's why I thought there was a problem with the chain.
From your words I think I to understand the problem is within TOR (or slowness in general updating the current block).

Thomas Paine, 1776.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 05:19:35 PM

Forking?

Not that I can see.

#crysx

No I mean I was used to get every block I've found, some months ago, but back then the nethash was a third that it is today. That's why I thought there was a problem with the chain.
From your words I think I to understand the problem is within TOR (or slowness in general updating the current block).

Oh OK.

Well - TOR is slower than using just IPv4, rather than 'slow'. Sync will still be going, but the way it is syncing via TOR is a painful one.

We will have to stick with TOR for the time being until we can configure the code and support nodes for the IPv4 (TOR free) code.

We will concern ourselves with that after we solidify our infrastructure and migration of the CWI-SeedNodes and CWI-Pool system first.

#crysx

Grafschmidt

---

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:23:51 PM

Forking?

Not that I can see.

#crysx

Oh OK.

Well - TOR is slower than using just IPv4, rather than 'slow'. Sync will still be going, but the way it is syncing via TOR is a painful one.

We will have to stick with TOR for the time being until we can configure the code and support nodes for the IPv4 (TOR free) code.

We will concern ourselves with that after we solidify our infrastructure and migration of the CWI-SeedNodes and CWI-Pool system first.

#crysx

It took a crapload of time synching the wallet starting from 400k blocks away.

Thomas Paine, 1776.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 05:27:56 PM

Forking?

Not that I can see.

#crysx

Oh OK.

#crysx

It took a crapload of time synching the wallet starting from 400k blocks away.

Yup. It would.

Especially at the point where it has to download all the orphan blocks at 37257, where it looks like it is just frozen for minute to hours.

#crysx

abudfv2008

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:32:28 PM

That all aside and back to SWEEP, we are considering shifting it's focus off the sweep and onto another niche. Will see how that goes. If you have a concern about that, or have a suggestion, please voice it. If it is unfounded drivel, it will be deleted. I shall be more vigilant with such things in future.
#crysx
In my humble opinion jackpot feature is one that make this coin different from others. There are a lot of gamblers, actually most of miners could be called "gamblers" at some degree. Anyway it is something different from airdrops and masternodes that are popular today. Why not to realize it and advertize - it will attract people i think.

Talking about marketcap. Coin should suggest something to be adopted and used by masses. There are thousands of coins and 99% of them do nothing - just blowing the bubble.
Speed, security, anonymity, liquidity and real life payments are required. If the coin has it all - then it is a matter of marketing, awareness and time. Some features increase this awareness - jackpot should be one of them.

P.S. What about the difference in hashrate? Any thoughts.
Grafschmidt

---

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:34:52 PM

Anyone know why there is a difference in hashrate reported by miner when miming to pool vs solo?
My 1060 makes stable 21.3Mh/s to pool. But the same cards show only ~18-19 when mining on local wallet and they greatly fluctuates from 14 to 20.

In my opinion, the big block is just fool's gold. It's attractive only if you plan to dump the coin as soon as you get (now) 7 or so millions of sweep. The way I see it, it's not helping keeping the price stable. Whoever wants to invest in this coin just don't want to see it falling into an abyss because someone got the big stake.
And besides as I said the only attractiveness I see, is the fact you can dig the big stake and then forget about the coin.
I don't think the Jackpot coin is still alive.

Thomas Paine, 1776.
Grafschmidt

---

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:38:17 PM

Yup. It would.

Especially at the point where it has to download all the orphan blocks at 37257, where it looks like it is just frozen for minute to hours.

#crysx

By the way, what else could the integration of TOR do with this coin?
It updates the blockchain via TOR, ok, but I don't think the CIA is looking for you sweepstake wallet, and you can exchange messages through TOR which is another less than useful thing. Anything else?

Thomas Paine, 1776.
abudfv2008

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:42:21 PM

In my opinion, the big block is just fool's gold. It's attractive only if you plan to dump the coin as soon as you get (now) 7 or so millions of sweep. The way I see it, it's not helping keeping the price stable. Whoever wants to invest in this coin just don't want to see it falling into an abyss because someone got the big stake.
And besides as I said the only attractiveness I see, is the fact you can dig the big stake and then forget about the coin.
The problem is that now with 7 GPUs I mine ~15-20% of net hashrate. That means that there are no more than 10 people mining it at all.
It's some kind of sweepstake lovers club. Grin
The coin will just die without some marketing or renewal. It's sad.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 05:46:41 PM

#crysx
In my humble opinion jackpot feature is one that make this coin different from others. There are a lot of gamblers, actually most of miners could be called "gamblers" at some degree. Anyway it is something different from airdrops and masternodes that are popular today. Why not to realize it and advertize - it will attract people i think.

Talking about marketcap. Coin should suggest something to be adopted and used by masses. There are thousands of coins and 99% of them do nothing - just blowing the bubble.
Speed, security, anonymity, liquidity and real life payments are required. If the coin has it all - then it is a matter of marketing, awareness and time. Some features increase this awareness - jackpot should be one of them.

P.S. What about the difference in hashrate? Any thoughts.

Agreed on many points there.

The issue is jackpot/sweepstake dont seem to be working as they should be in the current incarnation of the coin code. These issues need to be fixed and fully functional before any sort of marketing is involved.

Though you are indeed correct with the fact that MANY people out there are gamblers of sorts. Including most of us here. This actually a point raised with us a while back, with respect to changing the sweepstake itself to something a little more lucrative, though it hasn't been followed through as yet. It will be discussed much further when the time for SWEEP development comes.

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 05:48:44 PM

This was the major thing for SWEEP.

We agree that there needs to be a little more than just a sweepstake as a feature for the coin itself. Though that has been discussed, it hasn't been discussed at length.

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: