Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:15:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to find out which pool is most profitable for the day?  (Read 2111 times)
bobb120 (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:59:04 AM

I have this cloud mining SHA256 account. there are few pools I can allocate to it.

Is there a webpage/app to see major pools payout/GH/day stats?

I got AwesomeMiner - it shows exactly that but there are no pools I need (Antpool, F2Pool and couple more).

What do you guys use to choose a pool? Do you do it daily?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 10:13:18 AM

This is a bullshit request because you only know which was the most profitable pool AFTER it has happened. It's like asking what the lotto numbers will be today.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
bobb120 (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:05:53 AM

Yes. That what I asked. Bullshit or not but I'd appreciate an actual answer. Anyone?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2542

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:30:58 PM

Answer is that we DON'T pool hop. Period.
If you are looking at pool performance one has to view it over weeks/months. Not days.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
bobb120 (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:41:50 PM

Ok how do I look at weeks/months performance?

P.S. I don't know what's pool hopping. Is it something despeakable? Like walking in a public place with your cock out? Sorry I didn't know. But if it makes any difference I don't have mining hardware. It's a cloud mining service and I don't know what's going on there. Could be just a bucket shop. I don't belong to a pool. Their platform allows you to select 3 pools at different proportions. So you are saying I should commit to a 3d party for life? I don't even have accounts with them. Weird.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:27:33 PM

Changing pools weekly/daily/hourly is pool hopping. In the BTC mining world is hopping is only viable if using PPS and the few pools that support PPS also have a high fee to use it. Now daily changing alt-coins to mine, that may work but then again -- this is the Bitcoin area, not altcoin.

It is not good because it produces a much wider variance in time it takes the pool to find blocks plus when whales drop in for a short time they would get a far larger share of the rewards vs smaller folks who have been there longer. Most pools use PPLNS or a variant of it which ramps up your rewards over several blocks to combat that.

You check a pools performance by registering with them so you can look at their stats page to check the history. The pool I use, Kano.is has stats going back to the 1st day they opened.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
bobb120 (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:36:35 PM

Now that's the answer. Thank you.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:32:22 AM

NP. I also use Awesome Miner to control my BTC-only farm.

I think you are/were confusing its change based on the profitability of different coins function with BTC pool hopping. That is, which altcoin is currently worth the most BTC and fastest to mine.

The Awesome Miner profitability function is for tracking the currently most profitable altcoin so the altcoin miner changes its algo to mine that specific coin. Of course that also means that you must have a cryptocoin exchange that will convert said Flavor-of-the-Day coin into BTC and you make the time to do it while the price is high.

If that is what you are looking at -- then need to move questions either to the altcoin mining section (this one is Bitcoin hardware only) or the Awesome Miner thread.

bobb120 (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:33:46 AM

No I just saw some numbers against pools names. I didn't realise its altcoin. I just wanted to see btc pools performance side by side. Am surprised there is no website to show it all in one place..
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:39:27 PM

No I just saw some numbers against pools names. I didn't realise its altcoin. I just wanted to see btc pools performance side by side. Am surprised there is no website to show it all in one place..
There isn't one because all the pools are only mining 1 coin -- BTC. Statistically they must all pay the same.

Assuming a pool is large enough to find blocks in a timely manner, say more than once a week (several per-day is ideal) then the only real difference is the fees that a pool charges and whether or not the pool pays out the Tx fees as bonus to the block reward.

Bigger pools find blocks faster but the rewards is split among more people so the averaged income over time is the same as from a smaller pool with fewer people. Toss in that big ones such as Antpool do not pay us the Tx fees -- which so far can be up to another 5BTC and well, that equates to a very large 'hidden fee'...

bobb120 (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:36:47 PM

Yeah got it. Thank you  Smiley
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:31:43 AM

Pools are like exchanges, you should probably have a tool box full of them. There are probably 16 to 17 different wheels that we deal with in the course of a three-month period. Each of them has a different structure that serves a different purpose for us. I have heard good things about nicehash but we haven't used it much, beyond that you're probably going to have to break down and figure out what you want a pool that accepts one set of work from you and then converts that reward if to different coins, or there's also pools that continue to switch your work from one point to another and then pay you and one coin.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:51:12 AM

And then of course there's your fools to concentrate on what coin you you are interested in. Obviously some things to look for when choosing a coin and the pool is the level of difficulty, the value of the coin, and the level of competition that you're going to have other and users. It's always great you can go in and find it nice easy-going and hit it for about an hour and put together twenty bucks worth of coins.
bobb120 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:37:56 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2017, 09:00:13 AM by bobb120

It's always great you can go in and find it nice easy-going and hit it for about an hour and put together twenty bucks worth of coins.
no that won't be feasible for me. First I only can change once in 24hrs  second it's not much money to dich my job and sit and watch stats real time 24/7 Smiley

Ps I settled on f2pool and I don't think I need to hop really.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:22:12 AM

It's always great you can go in and find it nice easy-going and hit it for about an hour and put together twenty bucks worth of coins.
no that won't be feasible for me. First I only can change once in 24hrs  second it's not much money to dich my job and sit and watch stats real time 24/7 Smiley

The pool with the 2nd highest fees Smiley
Antpoo has the highest, FUPool comes in 2nd.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
bobb120 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:45:02 AM

Yeah story of my life
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:17:09 PM

Unless you live in China (or only speak Chinese) there is really no good reason to mine with f2 pool. But, to each their own.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
bobb120 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:30:02 PM

Yeah I know it's just a banter anyway. Who has time to read questions while there are so many answers.. I got it. Really..

But just for the sake of argument I don't really mine in the pool. I just select something in my dashboard which looks like I do. But who knows what's going on there. I have piece of a cloud service (yes I know they all are scam but can a man hope?)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: