Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:44:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLDCoin - A Heavily premined coin, does it make sense to mine it???  (Read 5085 times)
fisheater (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:56:18 PM

I took a quick look at this coin, this is what I found:

- dev premined heavily on this. He first premined 2,000,000 coins (first 200 blocks), called it "bounty"
- then insiders heavily mined all the 1000-coin blocks. Said they "should be a day", was finished in just 2-3 hours. This is about another 2,000,000 coins.
- after that (about 2pm 5/15), some limited people may start mining, the 1st 2500 blocks (corresponding to 4 millions coins) are already grabbed by the insiders.
- it was not until 6pm that day, a formal announcement was made about this coin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=206377.0 - there was a pre-announcement thread before, which later becomes the main thread), by that time, 8000+ blocks are gone. This corresponds to an unbelievable 7,000,000 coins.

Guys, does it make any sense to mine a coin like this?? It is complete garbage.

You can check the time stamps in the blockchain broswer yourself!

baritus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:58:14 PM

Nope.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:59:31 PM

Oh my... holy crap! Put it in the garbage can, lol  Grin
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:02:43 PM

Not sure why this coin still exists, tbh

Vikerus

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

Learning something new everyday.

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:07:35 PM

Lol. People need a life, this coin was not premined and there is a lot of proof in the treads that have been created by newcomers giving away a large portion of their lucky hoards. The people who mined it in the beginning were mostly newcomers to this forum. All you need is a little logic to see that this post is total hog wash.

Anyone who wants proof has to simply read the GLDcoin thread from start to finish. It's pretty clear to me it's being supported by upstanding people.
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:10:31 PM

I posted in the newbie thread almost half a day after launch and got 5k coins. Doubt the dev kept a lot for himself.

The thing is for every coin you can argue whether it is a scam or not. At the end of the day people who have huge hoards scream it is fair while those who missed say its scam.

AZIZ1977

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:10:43 PM

Lol. People need a life, this coin was not premined and there is a lot of proof in the treads that have been created by newcomers giving away a large portion of their lucky hoards. The people who mined it in the beginning were mostly newcomers to this forum. All you need is a little logic to see that this post is total hog wash.

Anyone who wants proof has to simply read the GLDcoin thread from start to finish. It's pretty clear to me it's being supported by upstanding people.

Exactly. The new miners and small miners were given a chance before the big miners came in to rape the coin. The Coin is supported by a lot of  small owners and miners and that is why GoldCoin is here to stay, because it has a solid base.

There is a new Sheriff in town and he is called GoldCoin.
thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:11:18 PM

lol, that was a pre-announcement thread, it was re-named later. Using that to cheat? check the block browser yourself, the timestamps there do not lie. The formal announcement thread has a time stamp, it does not lie. You can change whatever your posts in the pre-announcement thread, any time you want, you think no one knows it? It's a joke!

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Vikerus

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:14:35 PM

lol, that was a pre-announcement thread, it was re-named later. Using that to cheat? check the block browser yourself, the timestamps there do not lie. The formal announcement thread has a time stamp, it does not lie. You can change whatever your posts in the pre-announcement thread, any time you want, you think no one knows it? It's a joke!

Cause the whole community based under GLDcoin is a single 12 year old with 30 different accounts. Next please.
pizza

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:14:46 PM

FAIL COIN
AZIZ1977

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:15:11 PM

We Could also argue why WorldCoin has 265 million coins instead of 100 million Goldcoins and their are now more WorldCoins mined than GoldCoins.

One likes GoldCoin the other hates it. But when a Coin is succesfull people start open daily topics attacking the coin.

Furthermore i was also one of those small miners who got the chance to mine this coin from start so i know why those small miners are supporting it.

r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:17:11 PM

We Could also argue why WorldCoin has 265 million coins instead of 100 million Goldcoins and their are now more WorldCoins mined than GoldCoins.

One likes GoldCoin the other hates it. But when a Coin is succesfull people start open daily topics attacking the coin.

Because it wasn't a fair launch.
pizza

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:17:23 PM

having a number of coins doesn't matter as long as everyone gets them equally, fucktard. Not you getting 2 million coins in your wallet haha
Vikerus

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:17:27 PM

Very solid point about something that matters in relation to a coins worth and success.
pizza

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:18:15 PM

GOLD COIN PREMINED 2 MILLION COINS FOR HIMSELF, THESE SCAMMERS MINED 7,000,000 COINS FOR THEMSELVES
Vikerus

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:19:54 PM

One could argue it can never be fair for any launch, think about what you are saying here.

Nothing is going to be optimum for everyone, and you can only get so much pre-exposure. At what point does the universe have more control over reality then your logic?
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:20:24 PM

Who the puck cares if it was or not. Either mine it or move the hell on. I am so fricken sick of all you dolts . If its not in your "liking" you go and crap on every damn coin.
Mine it or move on. Buy it or move on. Go do your damn ass slapping circle jerks in the new in coins like World coin, Digitalcoin, or whatever.

Then you wonder why no one bothers to take the time in "innovate" because every damn attempt to do so the same jerks come along and thread crap all over it.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
pizza

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:20:51 PM

One could argue it can never be fair for any launch, think about what you are saying here.

Nothing is going to be optimum for everyone, and you can only get so much pre-exposure. At what point does the universe have more control over reality then your logic?

Vikerus scammer with goldcoin who got a share of 7 million coins
thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:22:12 PM

GOLD COIN PREMINED 2 MILLION COINS FOR HIMSELF, THESE SCAMMERS MINED 7,000,000 COINS FOR THEMSELVES
I don't see any point to mine the coins like this. Anyone can create a coin and get himself millions first. What's the point for others to follow??

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Vikerus

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:22:46 PM

Vikerus scammer with goldcoin who got a share of 7 million coins
Pizza : a pizza posting insults on a forum.

You decide! PIZZA 2016!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: