Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:23:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLDCoin - A Heavily premined coin, does it make sense to mine it???  (Read 5080 times)
r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:24:57 PM

We Could also argue why WorldCoin has 265 million coins instead of 100 million Goldcoins and their are now more WorldCoins mined than GoldCoins.

One likes GoldCoin the other hates it. But when a Coin is succesfull people start open daily topics attacking the coin.

Because it wasn't a fair launch.
One could argue it can never be fair for any launch, think about what you are saying here.

Nothing is going to be optimum for everyone, and you can only get so much pre-exposure. At what point does the universe have more control over reality then your logic?

I did think about it. I just look at the past at which coins had early adopter rewards and how they're doing now in the market and especially how they're perceived by the market. (eg. bitbar, mincoin)

edit, it also doesn't help with others users like kr4x spamming about the coin in various threads and chats. (eg. look at Trucoin and how's he's vilified)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vikerus

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

Learning something new everyday.

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:26:23 PM

We Could also argue why WorldCoin has 265 million coins instead of 100 million Goldcoins and their are now more WorldCoins mined than GoldCoins.

One likes GoldCoin the other hates it. But when a Coin is succesfull people start open daily topics attacking the coin.

One could argue it can never be fair for any launch, think about what you are saying here.

Nothing is going to be optimum for everyone, and you can only get so much pre-exposure. At what point does the universe have more control over reality then your logic?

I did think about it. I just look at the past at which coins had early adopter rewards and how they're doing now in the market and especially how they're perceived by the market. (eg. bitbar, mincoin)
I understand your point, but don't you agree with mine?
It's silly to think that all things are going to be equal in this universe.
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:27:09 PM

I don't care about how heavily premined or that it was posted in newbie section. The community is very giving. I have gotten more gld than any other coin. WDC from what I have been told cannot be sustained and is susceptible to degeneration due to its ultra fast confirm time. Too fast some say.
crypt0maniac

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:27:34 PM

don't mine it...try digicoin or worldcoin...
darkproton

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:28:42 PM

Besides, is this 'attack' on GLD isn't just a  conincident now that WDC has launched to markets and is pooping...ie getting dumped?
pizza

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:29:07 PM

I don't care about how heavily premined or that it was posted in newbie section. The community is very giving. I have gotten more gld than any other coin. WDC from what I have been told cannot be sustained and is susceptible to degeneration due to its ultra fast confirm time. Too fast some say.

There is no need to dismiss GLD they come on here and do it themselves ^^ by bashing WDC lmfao, they are such easy pickings.
r3animation

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:29:57 PM

You're right but then shouldn't the pre-exposure been in the proper sub-forum at least?

There's no way to make things fair (whether orphans, bad binaries (elacoin)) but it is possible to try to balance things out and GLDCoin to me was a very lop-sided release.
thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:30:36 PM

lol, this is not equal, this is steal, or robbery, that's all.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:30:54 PM

PROTIP: If you have 10,000,000 coins and each one is worth nothing, your 10 million coins are still worth nothing. It doesn't matter how many coins you have...what's important is what they are worth.

Just my 2 satoshis.
Vikerus

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:31:18 PM

There is no need to dismiss GLD they come on here and do it themselves ^^ by bashing WDC lmfao, they are such easy pickings.

Lol wut.

No one in here has mentioned worldcoin in a negative light lol
r3animation

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:33:14 PM

I like the strong community behind GLDCoin but it seems to be bought instead of being based on loyalty.
pizza

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:33:20 PM

Lol wut.

WDC from what I have been told cannot be sustained and is susceptible to degeneration due to its ultra fast confirm time. Too fast some say. And on every troll box being spammed how GLDcoin is better than WDC lol what fail you guys are haha.
Vikerus

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:36:33 PM

You're right but then shouldn't the pre-exposure been in the proper sub-forum at least?

There's no way to make things fair (whether orphans, bad binaries (elacoin)) but it is possible to try to balance things out and GLDCoin to me was a very lop-sided release.
I don't know if you are exactly correct with your assumption that this sub-forum is any more "fair" for releases to be made.

Imagine if just one dude with a mining farm had gotten to this coin in the first 24 hours.
I guess the best way to figure it out would be to start Silver coin here in the "proper" sub-forum and see what happens. I imagine about the same as GLDcoin would happen. Just with more hate.
emerefer

Activity: 338

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:38:09 PM

Lol wut.

WDC from what I have been told cannot be sustained and is susceptible to degeneration due to its ultra fast confirm time. Too fast some say. And on every troll box being spammed how GLDcoin is better than WDC lol what fail you guys are haha.

These guys supporting something makes them a fail?  Your wasting you time bashing something you already think is a fail.  Doesnt say much about you
bitbitcoincoin

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:41:51 PM

Posts like this show people have no grasp of volume and value.

The reason why so many give out large amounts of goldcoin is they started at 10k per block, then dropped down to 500 per block.  There are multiple millions in circulation.  Worldcoin has had a block reward of 32 since the start.  Guess which one will be dumped more freely?

The second part just shows a ability to soak in FUD and spread it, as has been pointed out many other times in other threads Worldcoin's confirmations can be set by the vender to allow whatever level of security they want.  The "ultra fast" is the default setting which is fine for most.
darkproton

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:58:51 PM

You guys...epic fails. All I was trying to illustrate was the fact even your precious {insert coin} has detractors. Setting up a single thread to bash another coin? Petty. Lame. Is it cause you're scared of it? Need to pump up your {insert coin}? Who knows? Will Gld excel? I hope so. Will WDC or any other excel? I hope they do. Pretty sure we will have more than one crypto.
AZIZ1977

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:00:23 PM

The reason why so many give out large amounts of goldcoin is they started at 10k per block, then dropped down to 500 per block.  There are multiple millions in circulation.  Worldcoin has had a block reward of 32 since the start.  Guess which one will be dumped more freely?

The second part just shows a ability to soak in FUD and spread it, as has been pointed out many other times in other threads Worldcoin's confirmations can be set by the vender to allow whatever level of security they want.  The "ultra fast" is the default setting which is fine for most.

I really like WorldCoin and dont want to bash the coin, but the number Worldcoins mined is much bigger than GoldCoin. Going to fast up can also go wrong. Beter to build up the coin step by step from the bottom and we the goldcoin supporters are in no hurry.
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:00:41 PM

Guys read this page #2 to see who the GLD fake account shills are lmao.
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:02:33 PM

I really like WorldCoin and dont want to bash the coin, but the number Worldcoins mined is much bigger than GoldCoin. Going to fast up can also go wrong. Beter to build up the coin step by step from the bottom and we the goldcoin supporters are in no hurry.

7,000,000 GLD COINS WERE PREMINED ALREADY YOU SCAM TROLL, Thats 2-4X times the total existance of WorldCoins in circulation
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:02:45 PM

Or it could have something to do with the 3 GH/sec...More miners = more coins

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: