Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:06:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLDCoin - A Heavily premined coin, does it make sense to mine it???  (Read 5080 times)
emerefer

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:28:56 AM

This whole thread other then the first two post and 1 post rationally defending GLD should be deleted.

If you dont like no one makes you mine or buy the coin.

Also that whole other thread bashing WDC should be deleted also. 

This is all fucking ridiculous
thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:40:28 AM

Well this shows people don't like premining, especially not like this ridiculous level of premining.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
kr4x

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:41:34 AM

don't like it? move on
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:43:18 AM

don't like it? move on

We have moved on. Your the one, trolling a GLD Coin bashing thread. If your coin is so great, you wouldn't feel the need to defend it so, it would speak for itself Roll Eyes

kr4x

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:44:14 AM

don't like it? move on

We have moved on. Your the one, trolling a GLD Coin bashing thread. If your coin is so great, you wouldn't feel the need to defend it so, it would speak for itself Roll Eyes

I defend it because I want to not to prove how much its worth, go suck your thumb kiddo
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:46:44 AM

don't like it? move on

I defend it because I want to not to prove how much its worth, go suck your thumb kiddo

You want to not to prove? *Edit* oh, I see, forgot a comma. Punctuation is very important, otherwise, you look like an idiot.
A) that doesn't make any sense.
B) It's worth nothing. I looked at the Google Docs Exchange, 2 sell orders, and not a single buy order, ergo, it has no value. Basic Supply and demand. You have the supply, but no demand.

kr4x

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:47:46 AM

don't like it? move on

You want to not prove?
B) It's worth nothing. I looked at the Google Docs Exchange, 2 sell orders, and not a single buy order, ergo, it has no value. Basic Supply and demand. You have the supply, but no demand.

you must be blind, I see plenty of buy orders
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:50:26 AM

don't like it? move on

You want to not prove?

you must be blind, I see plenty of buy orders

Your right, sorry. There's 2...Asking fractions of an LTC /1k...Sorry Roll Eyes

emerefer

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:53:05 AM

Well this shows people don't like premining, especially not like this ridiculous level of premining.

I cant deny it was instamined but when i caught the post in the newbie thread it was at block 100.  I got 22 of the first 200 and gave all them away plus a few.  The Dev said he didnt start mining until the 10k blocks were gone.  I dont know him so i dont know if it was true.   I do believe that his intentions were to give new people a chance to get in on something.  If you look at the people that do support it, a majority are new people who did see it posted there.   The coin isnt hurting anyone and neither is WDC.   If this coin doesnt go anywhere, im not going to be mad about it.  Ive only been at this for a couple weeks and it was fun to mine with my little bit of hash power.  
thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:04:18 AM

The problem is that people should be informed that 7 millions coins premined, anyone at his choice can continue mining the coin, but with this very unfair start I will not bother to mine it.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
emerefer

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:23:58 AM

The problem is that people should be informed that 7 millions coins premined, anyone at his choice can continue mining the coin, but with this very unfair start I will not bother to mine it.

I cant say it was a 100% fair start, since it was only posted in the newb section.  I also dont see it  as any more unfair then releasing a coin with out a windows client compiled.  theres always going to be argument on whats fair.  Anybody could say its my fault for not knowing how to compile and I could easily say its not my fault someone didnt look in the newbie section.

But it wasn't premined in the sense that the Dev mined and then an hour later posted it.  I do believe his intent was to give noobs a headstart on it.  When i seen the post there was only about 100 blocks mined.  I also believe its still a newb friendly coin. 

Ive only been involved with these coins for a couple weeks and it was fun to mine without getting all rejects and orphans.  If it never goes anywhere i wont be upset but it did convince me to build a real mining rig. 
fisheater (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:20:37 AM

not to say 100% fair start, 0% fair or completely unacceptable start. It's fair to let everyone knows it.
hyoshi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:25:41 AM

We Could also argue why WorldCoin has 265 million coins instead of 100 million Goldcoins and their are now more WorldCoins mined than GoldCoins.

One likes GoldCoin the other hates it. But when a Coin is succesfull people start open daily topics attacking the coin.

Because it wasn't a fair launch.
Neither was Worldcoin - as a matter of fact the only fair launch in years was Nibble - and now my idea for how to start mining fairly and avoid insta-mining huge quantities of currency is already being copied not 1 day later.
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:47:06 AM

garbage coin
fisheater (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:46:18 PM

it is ^^