Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:54:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple trying to take over the Bitcoin Discussion thread  (Read 3845 times)
yocko06 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

1Kgyk4nQSzb3Pm9E9vWiGVyJ6jpPwripKf

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:10:35 PM

I have just been at bitcoin conference in san Jose ca, this was a great thing for bitcoin. One thing I noticed while at the conference is there where heaps of ripple employees/promoters their pretending to be bitcoin users and supporters. They where very sneaky and have also disguised themselves on this forum as bitcoin users by building up lots of posts. Have have seen ripple for what it is now. ripple is a group of people trying to fool people into using their system and their own crypto currency to get rich and hold a monopoly on the market.
ripple is not decentralized.
ripple is polluting bitcoin. they do not like bitcoin and this can be seen easily when speaking to them face to face. don't be fooled by clever marketing.
Ripple should only ever be discussed in alternate crypto section.

I am re posting this hear because it was deleted from the ripple for bitcoin users discussion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yocko06 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:59:48 PM

Why are all the post's being deleted by the ripple guys? This Is a Bitcoin Discussion not a Ripple Discussion. Huh
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:04:20 PM

All agreed.

The mods need to move the Ripple stuff to Alt Cryptocurrencies.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:04:29 PM

Why are all the post's being deleted by the ripple guys? This Is a Bitcoin Discussion not a Ripple Discussion. Huh

Perhaps you failed to observe that my Ripple Explained for Bitcoiners! thread is self-moderated. Look closely and you'll see this explained at the top of the thread.

The reason it is moderated is because a vocal minority has so much irrational emotional hatred for Ripple that they have made it difficult for Bitcoiners, who are definitely interested in learning how Ripple enhances Bitcoin, to participate in a civil discourse.

If you have a legitimate question that is not already answered, or you want to bring up a factual point that hasn't been made then I welcome you to my moderated thread.

For whatever else you have to say, feel free to post in any of the other unmoderated threads with your views, such as this one:

Why Ripple™ is against everything Bitcoin
misterbigg
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:06:12 PM

Nope, because Ripple is a way to move Bitcoins around. Ripple is not an alternate currency, although there is a currency built into it. If anything, all of the negative threads that seem to want to focus on this built in currency should be moved. But "Ripple Explained for Bitcoiners!" is 100% relevant to Bitcoin discussion.

Ironically Ripple is the closest thing we have to a distributed exchange for Bitcoin, which is what everyone has been clamoring for after the MtGox DDoS and crash from $266, and now that we're talking about it you want to move the thread?
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:10:23 PM

I think this should be moved to "meta"?

The thing is, you can use Ripple to send IOUs denominated in BTC, so there is some overlap in the discussion of Ripple and Bitcoins. Discussions about XRP go into "alt currecies", but talkig about how to use Ripple to move bitcoins should go somewhere else in the forum, maybe "project development" or "trading".

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
ihsotas

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:15:39 PM

At some point, maybe they should just create a separate Ripple topic since it's not technically part of core Bitcoin land, and also attracts a ton of heat/controversy/spam from random people in every single thread.
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:17:31 PM

I would like to see Ripple in a section that covers general gateways and payment services such as Paypal, Google Checkout, Dwolla and so on. You could argue that many altcoins are similarly, if not more tied to Bitcoin then Ripple.
SamS

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:22:26 PM

If this were a democracy, I'd vote for alt-currencies or something to do with payment systems. That way those who are interested in learning about Ripple would have a resource on this site from which they could post updates and announcements for discussion.  

And of course, there's nothing stopping the Ripple folks from having their own forum someplace else either if they can't find a place that fits.

Bitcoin: 16i8sQWjZo3QPhhSfWupJff5PtwTxxpRJJ
Ripple:  rL7mRCDYBXsVSM2obdvEjwft5fPUmxv3ra
yocko06 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:39:32 PM

Perhaps you failed to observe that my Ripple Explained for Bitcoiners! thread is self-moderated. Look closely and you'll see this explained at the top of the thread.

The reason it is moderated is because a vocal minority has so much irrational emotional hatred for Ripple that they have made it difficult for Bitcoiners, who are definitely interested in learning how Ripple enhances Bitcoin, to participate in a civil discourse.

If you have a legitimate question that is not already answered, or you want to bring up a factual point that hasn't been made then I welcome you to my moderated thread.

For whatever else you have to say, feel free to post in any of the other unmoderated threads with your views, such as this one:

Why Ripple™ is against everything Bitcoin

I hate the fact that you are trying to disguise yourselves as bitcoin users and you guys are flooding our forums and even the bitcoin conference with your agents to try to fool unaware bitcoin users into thinking other bitcoin users are all on board with it. You have been called out now for what you guys are. Before I meet you guy's in person at the bitcoin conference you may have had a chance with attempting to fool me but I saw straight through you guy's. You are working like you are all getting paid to do so why?
misterbigg
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:42:12 PM

You are working like you are all getting paid to do so why?

Speaking only for myself, I recognize the enormous value that Ripple will bring to Bitcoin and the world, and I want to do as much as I can to make the project successful. Ripple is great for consumers and loosens the traditional financial system's monopoly on money transmission.

Bitcoin is great, don't get me wrong, but have you tried to send U.S. dollars or Euros using Bitcoin? It doesn't work very well.

yocko06 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:44:57 PM

Nope, because Ripple is a way to move Bitcoins around. Ripple is not an alternate currency, although there is a currency built into it. If anything, all of the negative threads that seem to want to focus on this built in currency should be moved. But "Ripple Explained for Bitcoiners!" is 100% relevant to Bitcoin discussion.

Ironically Ripple is the closest thing we have to a distributed exchange for Bitcoin, which is what everyone has been clamoring for after the MtGox DDoS and crash from $266, and now that we're talking about it you want to move the thread?

Just because you say something about bitcoin in your title does not mean that it has anything to do with bitcoin discussion. I am more and more inclined to call ripple a new scam the way it's being pushed. Ripple has nothing to do with bitcoin and you are clearly trying to pull a loophole to keep your thread in it's place. This is a clear tactic you are using. Everyone wants your ripple add off the bitcoin discussion thread.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 11:46:58 PM

We need more ripple paranoia.
yocko06 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:50:56 PM

You are working like you are all getting paid to do so why?

Speaking only for myself, I recognize the enormous value that Ripple will bring to Bitcoin and the world, and I want to do as much as I can to make the project successful. Ripple is great for consumers and loosens the traditional financial system's monopoly on money transmission.

Bitcoin is great, don't get me wrong, but have you tried to send U.S. dollars or Euros using Bitcoin? It doesn't work very well.

Is very easy actually. You are obviously heavily invested in XRP and Ripple or you are the guy printing them. Ripple will put everything in your hand's Right? So now if I was to use ripple I would lose badly because I am speaking against your attempt at a crypto currency. You can't delete what I write about ripple here hay bro?    
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 11:54:50 PM

I have just been at bitcoin conference in san Jose ca, this was a great thing for bitcoin. One thing I noticed while at the conference is there where heaps of ripple employees/promoters their pretending to be bitcoin users and supporters. They where very sneaky and have also disguised themselves on this forum as bitcoin users by building up lots of posts. Have have seen ripple for what it is now. ripple is a group of people trying to fool people into using their system and their own crypto currency to get rich and hold a monopoly on the market.
ripple is polluting bitcoin. they do not like bitcoin and this can be seen easily when speaking to them face to face. don't be fooled by clever marketing.

I am re posting this hear because it was deleted from the ripple for bitcoin users discussion.

So it is like Ripple is the Romney campaign with paid supporters while Bitcoin is the Ron Paul campaign with unpaid grassroots supporters.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
misterbigg
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:56:34 PM

So it is like Ripple is the Romney campaign with paid supporters while Bitcoin is the Ron Paul campaign with unpaid grassroots supporters.

LOL....

No, its more like Bitcoin is Ron Paul: completely rigid in his ideology and too set in his ways to consider other possibilities.

And Ripple is Rand Paul: younger, more open minded, more energy, able to get more things done because he tries to work within the system instead of trying to challenge it directly.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 11:56:53 PM

How many BTC has Tradefortress spent yet btw?
allten

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 11:58:49 PM

Ripple is not an alternate currency, although there is a currency built into it....

Interesting Paradox.

BTW, can Ripple technology work without the use of the "built in currency"?

yocko06 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:59:59 PM

This is exactly what I noticed. People involved in ripple seem like they are involved because they are being employed by a big company. Bitcoin users and supporters are involved because they believe in bitcoin and love what it is.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:01:15 AM

Ripple is not an alternate currency, although there is a currency built into it....

Interesting Paradox.

BTW, can Ripple technology work without the use of the "built in currency"?

No, because XRP is needed to facilitate transfers.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: