Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:06:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying altcoins with ?  (Read 1454 times)
clarkgeneral86

Activity: 1043
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:17:26 AM

You can buy BTC from seller at your country but i prefer LocalBitcoins more as I find it very easy to use. You can easy withdraw BTC to bitcoin address at bittrex and buy the coin that you want to invest.
jamalnasir (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:26:20 AM

find some local sell bitcoin in your country... buy some then deposit to bittrex and buy alt coin. Cheesy

You can buy BTC from seller at your country but i prefer LocalBitcoins more as I find it very easy to use. You can easy withdraw BTC to bitcoin address at bittrex and buy the coin that you want to invest.

would love to do that but not doing it because the price of bitcoin itself is quite high. On top of this its being offered in my country at higher prices than the international market. I've not yet joined mafia or robbed a bank so don't have the extra cash to spare to these people Tongue
safariwave

Activity: 391
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:36:08 AM

I recommend TheRockTrading, it's there since 2011 and it has a great customer care, also on Telegram chat.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:00:23 AM

That's impossible in my country nowadays because not everyone uses it. As for me it's also good to but bitcoin. Now, bitcoin has a huge impact in every country but maybe to some countries it has really improved and developed their countries properly. If I have enough bitcoins maybe I will somehow buy because I know that bitcoin won't disappoint me for its great pumps. Every now and then it keeps pumping because of the demands of it. I haven't tried bittrex yet, I will check on that soon if it works.

chesegrinder

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:21:43 AM

you must first buy bitcoin using fiat money then go to exchange and trade it or buy it using your bitcoin... you can check out coinbase or bittrex one of good exchange as in my opinion... if it is for gambling you cam check out any gambling site that directly accepting fiat and convert it to alt...

mrfreezeh

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:38:54 AM

If you want buy altcoins, you need have Bitcoin first. However if in your country have some groups trade or community accept exchange FIAT to Altcoin like Bitcoin, you still can do that. But I recommend you should buy Bitcoin first and deposit to exchange like Bittrex or Poloniex or other exchange have altcoin you want buy.
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:44:22 AM

Hey it is very simple to buy altcoins. Firstly you need to buy Bitcoin. If you have bitcoin, then no need to buy. After that you​ have to your bitcoin on exchanger site as deposit. Then choice your altcoin and buy it. But be careful to select right exchanger. Otherwise you will lose your coin.
nrvasquez

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:53:37 AM

Can someone please explain if I want to buy crypto-currencies apart from bitcoin is it possible or do I've to first buy bitcoin, transfer it to exchange and then convert it?

I checked bittrex but couldn't find something useful..

Yes, I think buying bitcoin is the best way you can go. You can buy bitcoin then convert it to altcoin.

billyj111

Activity: 322

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:57:49 AM

Top altcoins can be bought for dollars. But most are tied to a bitcoon. Yes, and bitcoin is more convenient because not all exchanges can start the dollars.

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:21:07 PM

thanks everyone, its quite strange that first one has to buy bitcoin and only then can but alt-coins. Bitcoin is at record high these days so am waiting for it to go down a bit but in the meantime other currencies can go up... Roll Eyes

is there no way one can just directly buy alt-coins?  Huh

there is nothing strange about it. people want this method, simply because they use altcoins as a way of increasing their bitcoin not their fiat. and they hold the profit in bitcoin too. that is why the alt-bitcoin markets always have higher volume.

and there is a way you can directly buy altcoins with fiat as long as there is a market for it. for example litecoin and most top altcoins can be bought with fiat too. check out coinmarketcap.com for a list of all altcoins and their markets.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
zeroarmy

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:26:09 PM

As for your concern about BTC price... just wait until it dips a little and then buy some altcoins. Just remember to keep some BTC cause the price will rise again and then you are good to go.

breeze170

Activity: 186

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:28:28 PM

In general you should buy bitcoin first and then transfer it to altcoin. But some markets have Ethereum or even Litecoin trading markets. Also some ICOs sell their altcoins with credit cards.

AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:51:31 PM

There must be some local exchanges in your country that might provide the service to buy other cryptocurrencies(usually the top 10 ones) directly from fiat by connecting your bank account with exchange. But usually there are some selective cryptocurrencies only, not all. Those crytpocurrencies can further be used to buy other coins through various famous exchanges.
bananadines

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:54:44 PM

The most time I buy my Bitcoins at the Kraken Exchange, when its at a good price for me. After that i transfer more that 50 percent to my bittrex wallet. When all the coins are deposited I buy some altcoins that i like. Smiley
Denamen

Activity: 499

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:18:17 PM

so u have bitcoin right now??? ok now deposit to some exchange like bittrex or poloniex then trade

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Machanto

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:51:34 PM

Can someone please explain if I want to buy crypto-currencies apart from bitcoin is it possible or do I've to first buy bitcoin, transfer it to exchange and then convert it?

I checked bittrex but couldn't find something useful..

BTC is generally used to buy other altcoins since they might be not as well established in order for sites to offer their services. You can buy bitcoins from sites like coinbase and gemini but they require a procedure
Haesoo

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:03:34 PM

There's a lot of trading sites that you can trade but just few are credible.
Try to deposit your btc to exchanges and start trading.
They caters a lot of coins so you should know first what coin should buy.
And also remember don't store your coins in exchanges.
Good luck brother.
khokon150

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:32:55 PM

I always use https://bittrex.com but i don't know why you don't like bittrex.There are many sites i follow such as https://cryptopia.com and https://poloniex.com i think between this site poloniex is best regard for me.
zulkarnaen

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 02:45:29 PM

Of course there are many service facilities that provide altcoin trading transactions, but I mostly trade in bittrex and poloniex, sometimes visiting yo-bits and C-CEX for trading transactions. By trying to buy altcoin which really have relatively low price For then i try to invest for the next few years.
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:25:49 PM

I always use https://bittrex.com but i don't know why you don't like bittrex.There are many sites i follow such as https://cryptopia.com and https://poloniex.com i think between this site poloniex is best regard for me.
Agreed, there are many exchanges site to trade an altcoin. Just simply create an account, verified it, deposit btc and trade an altcoin. Just invest altcoin that has a potential and profitable coin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: