Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:27:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GRAFT - Universal Payment Processing Network  (Read 84351 times)
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:39:14 PM

Inflation when it's worst, just print more money.. Just my own guess  Huh
my thoughts are similar with yours. so if i don't ICO participant, but GRAFT holder this is very bad news for me. May be it's not final decision.  Huh

Year I now how you feel, I took a big hit by selling out. All GRFT I had, (+300k GRFT), I bought at 0.00000600 BTC and sold out at 0.00000200 BTC. Damn that hurts  Undecided
I really was very excited about this projekt at the beginning and wanted to hold a Super Node, but I sold out because I saw that statement from Graft team about Air Drops. (I was really pissed off by this decision about Airdrops, and didn't know about it)
I don't know how low GRFT will go or even if it will survive. But I'm out

Unfortunately I think they will make this Airdrop, they have stated in this post that they will commit to this.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2115188.msg41114156#msg41114156

As I told i took a big hit and i know a few people that did the same, I don't think GRFT have a future if you can't trust the team, unfortunately I don't.

I hope you wont lose to much on this GRFT.

Well the sentiment is still not getting bullish. Still averaging down and buying as low as possible would be something to reduce the loss. But still I think the release of the super nodes will lead to an at least short living price push. I hope it will drive the demand up and finally enable all capabilities needed to target the enduser
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:35:50 PM

Probably supernode will go live before the end of September, to try to push the price up. Maybe this way there will be no airdrop...

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Spidey999
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:06:48 PM

I'm mining GRAFT right now, I hope the team will find bigger exchanges at least it will be listed on Bittrex or Binance and till the end of november GRAFT will go to the moon
graft-project (OP)

Activity: 496
Merit: 104

UNIVERSAL PAYMENT BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 11:56:36 PM

https://www.graft.network/2018/08/14/whats-real-and-whats-not-in-the-blockchain-payment-space/

The Blockchain Payment solutions space has recently become a very hot topic, with both legitimate developments and a multitude of questionable claims. This article attempts to separate facts from fiction by outlining the lay of the land and Graft’s competitive positioning based on our view of the space.

With that in mind, let’s start with some definitions of key components of the electronic payment chain:

Payment processor — a service provider that processes a payment authorization, settles the transaction, and deposits a merchant payout.

Payment network — a network (or protocol) that provides an infrastructure for processing payments by coordinating the activity among multiple participating parties.

Payment gateway — a service that provides access to a payment network. These categories are important when deciphering what various providers are trying to do.

Centralized Payment Processors
The first class of payment solutions that are operating today are the centralized payment processors such as Coinbase and Bitpay. To enable crypto payments, these players simultaneously act as a payment gateway, a payment processor, and a clearing house. There’s nothing significantly wrong with this approach other than the fact that 1) it goes against the principles of decentralization; 2) it’s not a network, but rather a single entity; 3) it doesn’t scale very well because a payment processor needs to be able to handle an unlimited volume of the transactions and provide cross-border support; and 4) they represent a single point of failure and, more importantly, a single point of attack making themselves extremely attractive to hackers.
Solution Integrators
Integrators usually take existing blockchains and make them work for a specific use case. In the case of payments, they would be the “last mile” solution for making Dash, for example, work at the point of sale. Integrated solutions usually work okay but they only support specific point-of-sale systems, specific merchants, and have limited flexibility. They also decide who gets to participate in the ecosystem and they essentially act as a bank by fulfilling a lot of the clearinghouse functions themselves.
Payment Blockchains
This category includes legitimate blockchain projects that attempt to facilitate cryptocurrency payments. Dash and Ripple are good examples of payment blockchains, as they have made significant advances in facilitating the use of blockchains for payments. Dash implemented on-demand privacy and on-demand speed, whereas Ripple implemented inter-blockchain swaps.
Payment Networks
Payment network implies that there are multiple participants that are being connected together to form a network. In the case of traditional credit/debit card processing networks, they are bridging the issuing banks, acquiring banks, and payment processors into something that works in the context of a single transaction.

Source: PYMNTS.com

Processing a payment at the point of sale is a complex chain of events that includes obtaining pre-authorization or authorization from the issuing bank through the acquiring bank, putting funds on hold, releasing the payment for settlement, and, finally, clearing the payment by transferring the funds from the user’s issuing bank to the merchant’s bank account.

In the case of cryptocurrencies, use of such a network implies pre-authorization by verifying and placing funds on hold in real-time, transferring the payment from the payer’s wallet in the currency of their choice, converting that currency into the currency of choice for the merchant, and distributing the fees — all this is accomplished by accepting and coordinating services from service providers. This is exactly what a network like GRAFT is doing (while providing integration points for the point-of-sale applications, and in a decentralized manner to boot!).

There’s only one other network-like solution (other than GRAFT) that’s looking to resemble some fragment of a payment network: the Lightning Network. However, the Lightning Network concerns itself with instant currency swaps, without much regard for fees or compatibility with the merchant point-of-sale systems and processes. It also relies on pre-existing payment channels, making it suitable for repeat transactions as opposed to what you would see in the point-of-sale environment.

Suspects
Unfortunately, the blockchain space is rife with projects looking to capitalize on general lack of knowledge to pass themselves off as a legitimate payment solution in order to raise funds. They call themselves payment networks without building anything resembling a network, or a blockchain payment solution without having anything close to a viable solution. Their white papers are usually vague and full of buzzwords with little substance of the specifics of implementation. It’s often painful to watch millions, if not billions, of dollars being flushed into projects that show no signs of real technology or other innovation.
Here are some “giveaways” that can help identify suspicious projects:

They are based on ERC20, EOS, or other smart contract tokens rather than dedicated blockchains.
It’s very easy to create these tokens, but unless the project will act as a bank and take on the brunt of arbitrage in releasing the funds before they themselves collect those funds, there’s no way for them to overcome the speed issue. They are also subject to the underlying network fees that the token is built on.
They advertise a “crypto credit card” that can be processed by a traditional credit card network.
The impossibility here is that none of the traditional payment networks will license anyone but an issuing bank to accept network-backed payments. Unless the crypto credit card is backed by their own issuing bank which gets licensed by a traditional payment network (an unlikely scenario), this claim is quite dubious. Those that manage to pull off this feat will become a single-bank-backed, centralized solution, at the complete mercy of the local regulatory environment and traditional network continuous licensing.
They are creating their own point-of-sale devices.
It’s easy to private label a payment terminal found on Alibaba or similar manufacturer marketplaces. The problem with this is a merchant will not place a new terminal into the store without PCI and other rigorous certifications, not to mention that it would have to integrate with their point-of-sale software. Adding new terminal to a store, or especially a chain of stores, is an extremely difficult and expensive process which implies significant integration, certification, testing, and employee training costs that must be thoroughly justified.
Summary
There are distinct and important differences in payment solutions, with true payment networks providing the most open and flexible option for payment processing, while centralized and integrated processors can provide “point” solutions.
There is quite a bit of disinformation in the cryptocurrency payment processing space, so it’s important to understand how payment ecosystems work in order to tell fact from fiction as you proceed to navigate this treacherous market space.
User44a

Activity: 73
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:44:22 PM

https://www.graft.network/2018/06/26/ico-airdrop-clarification/

ICO AIRDROP CLARIFICATION

Dear GRAFT Community,
We would like to take this opportunity to clarify the promise we made to the ICO participants to do an airdrop if the price doesn’t recover to the ICO level within nine months.

Why did we do it?
As you might imagine, we’ve never before carried out an ICO, less so an ICO based on a live mineable blockchain. As such, we came up with coin pricing based on what we assessed to be a fair market value (very conservatively at that, comparing to other similar projects). One thing we didn’t know was that the price of the coin would be immediately driven down by ASIC miners, creating a large disparity between the ICO and mining price levels. As project leads we felt compelled to make it right by the ICO participants and to rectify this situation.
Terms of the Airdrop
The following are the terms of the airdrop:
If the price of GRFT doesn’t recover to the ICO level (0.0000262 BTC) prior to November 18, 2018 (9 months from the end of the ICO) for a reasonable period of time (24 hours cumulative, according to CoinMarketCap), GRAFT project team will airdrop the difference in GRFTs to the ICO participants in good standing. The effective price at the time will be determined based on a 10 day moving average.

Example 1 ; October 20 GRFT price is 0.0000262 BTC or higher – no airdrop will take place

Example 2 : October 10-18 GRFT price avg 0.0000262 BTC or higher , no airdrop will take place

Example 3 : November 10-18 GRFT price avg 0.0000131 BTC , each ICO purchase of 1 GRFT will receive ONE additional GRFT via airdrop.

The effect of potential airdrop
The actual number of GRFT’s issued for the airdrop will depend on the price difference between the airdrop and the ICO price (in BTC). Currently, we estimate that no more than 50M GRFT’s are at stake. The funds will be provided from the undersold ICO funds, and since all the ICO funds were earmarked for circulation, should not result in an increase of the circulation supply.
Conclusion
We understand the controversial nature of this offer and value community’s opinions and feedbacks. We try to make decisions that are fair to all our supporters, while carrying on the mission of the project. Your support is highly appreciated and valued.
Best Regards,

GRAFT Team

Dear Team,

I have never felt compelled to register on this site and answer your Airdrop clarification as ever before. As a miner that supported your network with all my rig's hashpower, giving stability and security to your network and contributing to the blockchain record keeping; I honestly feel betrayed to hear that you are planning an airdrop to "ICO Investors!!??!!". I started mining your coin from the get go, including when your network was under attack right after the fork, I was bearing over $500 USD per month in electricity charges since January. Now, I could've spent that money to purchase the damn coin and subsequently benefit from a senseless airdrop!
There is always a risk when you make an investment of any sort and investors fully understand that including myself who invested in electricity and building minig rigs. If coin "buyers" are to benefit from an airdrop, there is nothing fairer than extending the courtesy to miners as well since I have just explained to you the extent of the miner's investment in your project.
I truly feel that the remaining ICO coins should be burnt as everyone understands the risks associated with cryptocurrency investments.
Kindly, rethink your announcement and do not dismiss Miner's input. Without miners you have NOTHING and if your network hashrate drops significantly, not only you will suffer from 51% attacks and the further fragmentation of your blockchain, but you will also loose credibility since your network will not have any support!

Warm Regards,
Miner
Agree with you. I mine and buy about 50K graft. But nothing for me as air drop. I still keep 50K and this will be more in near future.
It is totally inequal for all kind of investors.

Graft Team,

Please answer the above concerns, I would like to hear it from you first hand!

Regards,
Miner

Miner.

We appreciate your support and we had not intent to make you or anyone else feeling betrayed.
The team have committed to the airdrop  ( a few weeks from he end of ICO) .
Although the current airdrop terms might not in your personal favor we will follow through with our commitments to the community.

We will follow through with our commitment to ICO investors.

Dear Team,

Thank you very much for your direct and honest answer. Your support for ICO Investors over miners is loud and clear and remember, ICO investor already spent their money and there isn't much more they can do whereas miners continue to support your network and there is a lot they can still do. I was so exited about the concept and the idea that I was considering taking GRFT as a payment for my consulting services and advertise it on my website.  I am sadly going to stop minig your coin as I do not agree with your actions. Good luck to all!

Regards,
Former Miner

The way you are wording it is worded in such a way. Its basicly making it look like they have to choose between miners and and ICO Investors instead of allowing them to choose both.

ICO Investor spends 500 usd gets 1500 graft
You say you got 50k In earlier posts from mining for 6 months spending about 3 grand in electricty. If you spent that on graft during ICO you would have 9k graft.
I have no doubt you would be on the opposite side complaining.

If the ICO Investors had outright bought 50k graft they would have to have spent 50,000totalgraft/1500graftpurchase = (33.33purchasesx500usd) for a total of 16,667 usd

16,667 usd where you only spent 3k in electricty to mine 50k.

Now under normal circumstances I would say this was a risk to investors they chose to take.
However, ASICS hit at the same time Tradeogre NINJA LAUNCHED which means that  the ICO price of around 30 cents fell to 3 cents Literally off just a handful of trades!

This made the 500 usd of 1500 graft worth about  1500x0.03cents= 45 dollars....

So where you spend 500 dollars in one month and recieved probably the bulk of your 50k  at  least 1/6 of it..    those that spent 500 usd now have 45 dollars.... worht of graft...

So yes I see nothing wrong airdropping it back up to 500 USD from 45 USD worth of graft because they bought 500 USD worth of graft and the next day it was 45 usd.

Couple that with this.. what if they would have sold at ICO 3 cents to begin with  then 500 USD would have been provided the same amount of graft they have determined they will airdrop to bring up to ICO price anyway.  If they would have sold 500 usd at 3 cents each they would have recieved  16,666 graft instead of 1500 graft.  and we wouldnt be having this conversation right now!

Now lets throw those numbers into the network we have now at 20 megahash and a price 0.01518 USD each graft... then with 1 kilo hash the average price of v7 coins is

1. Citadel (Rp. 14924) ($1.07)
2. IntenseCoin (Rp. 14042) ($1.00)
3. Stellite (Rp. 13006) ($0.93)
4. Electrodump (Rp. 12908) ($0.92)
5. Graft (Rp. 12852) ($0.92)
6. MoneroV (Rp. 12670) ($0.91)
7. Monero (Rp. 12558) ($0.90)
8. Elya (Rp. 11298) ($0.81)

Which means graft is well within its price point for the network difficulty at current price. Which means if you were mining graft you didn't lose any money if you chose not to mine something else and continued on graft... as sometimes it was 1.07 other times 80 cents per kilohash per hour.

They were not wronged by graft but graft is making up for it. No one wants graft to succeed more then the GRAFT TEAM itself I think. They are hte ones who have the entire project to lose.. as of now you miners are way ahead of the ICO investors.. THE ICO INVESTORS made this project a reality. This team isnt just forking a coin they are making NEW CODE for RTA. Therefore alot of time seems to have been spent toward it.

The Point is that ICO INVESTORS  had 500 usd for 1500 graft for what equated at the time to 45 dollars.
Miners could spend 500 in electricity in January and get practically 10x that,
if you look at the math.. there fore bringing them from 3 cents to 30 cents.. is what 10x

IF the miners could spend 500 in electricity and get 15,000 graft the first month... why is it fair for the ICO investors to spend 500 and get 1500 Coins.. 3cents to 30 cents  

This allows for 500 in electircyt for 15,000 graft the first month to miners
Ico investors spend 500 and get 15,000 graft in ICO.

I get your concerns but as of now miners recieved far more graft then ICO investors in electricy costs vs ICO purchase
The math adds up.  

EVen still this doesnt factor in.... the fact that graft is gonna be closer to ICO price anyway in 3 months. So if they are 25 cents of 30 cents.. they are only gonna get a small amount. 
An airdrop is usually free coins. This isnt giving anything past the initial purchase price they paid in usd measured in BTC.

Basicly graft was saying had we known it was 3 cents we would have given 10x as much graft per 500 usd.. which would have made it equal to what the miners spending 500 in electricty made.  I have no doubt  you made at least 15k in the first month of mining out of the 50k you had.

Good post .

Very interesting sum up. On the one hand I am happy that the team stands to their word and will commit the airdrop if necessary even though I never heard about that before. On the other hand it might not help the project in any way since the airdropped coins may just be dumped on the market since there is a lot of frustration. I hope that the team has some good news and some announcements coming till the date of the airdrop putting the whole topic to sleep easily. That would be the best for everyone interested in the project

I believe this is not investors vs miners. Every miner become an investor the second they decide to keep the coin "for a while". The winners in this whole situation are the "proper" miners, those who exchanged Graft for XMR or BTC or even Fiat to pay the bills. Every miner who believed in the whole project and decided to become an investor is the real looser here. I've kept some of the coins too and became a looser (sorry, an investor) but this experience isn't going to stop me from mining. Except ... every single Graft I'm mining now is going straight to an exchange.
ddthoa

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:01:05 AM

Info from Telegram that Airdrop has been cancelled!
Anyone can confirm this info?

denish

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:24:53 AM

Yep!

As an ICO investor, I got this email:

Dear GRAFT supporter,

We don’t take promises lightly.  Ever. And this time is no exception.  This, however, is a situation when reconsidering a promise is warranted. The airdrop idea to compensate for the disparity for the ICO buyers was not well thought out (as frequently pointed out by the community) and if we were to proceed, would result in unintended consequences such as significant GRFT float dilution and potential additional downward pressure on GRFT pricing, negatively affecting ALL GRAFT stakeholders including ICO participants. 

As such we have decided (after much deliberation) that it is better to cancel the airdrop altogether now and remove this cloud from the market, providing the project with the best chance of organic growth. 

We believe that taking this action now will allow GRAFT to best capitalize on the progress with RTA, go to market partners, and other exciting developments we’ll be announcing shortly.

With that said, we will keep looking for other ways to thank our early supporters.

We hope you understand our decision and we can move past this issue, focusing on technology and go-to-market.

Best Regards,

Sincerely,

GRAFT Team

Good news Smiley I was not very interested by this airdrop... I bought some GRFT since the ICO... :p
ddthoa

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:26:56 AM

Yep!

Dear GRAFT supporter,

We don’t take promises lightly.  Ever. And this time is no exception.  This, however, is a situation when reconsidering a promise is warranted. The airdrop idea to compensate for the disparity for the ICO buyers was not well thought out (as frequently pointed out by the community) and if we were to proceed, would result in unintended consequences such as significant GRFT float dilution and potential additional downward pressure on GRFT pricing, negatively affecting ALL GRAFT stakeholders including ICO participants. 

As such we have decided (after much deliberation) that it is better to cancel the airdrop altogether now and remove this cloud from the market, providing the project with the best chance of organic growth. 

We believe that taking this action now will allow GRAFT to best capitalize on the progress with RTA, go to market partners, and other exciting developments we’ll be announcing shortly.

With that said, we will keep looking for other ways to thank our early supporters.

We hope you understand our decision and we can move past this issue, focusing on technology and go-to-market.

Best Regards,

Sincerely,

GRAFT Team

Good news Smiley I was not very interested by this airdrop... I bought some GRFT since the ICO... :p

Thank so much!
denish

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:30:01 AM

Yep!

Dear GRAFT supporter,

Best Regards,

Sincerely,

GRAFT Team

Thank so much!

You are welcome Smiley
Nguyen Anh Quan

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:35:54 AM

Pre-ICO starts Sept 15 and when does it ends?
How many coins will be sold during Pre-Ico?
Minimum Pre-ICO target funds?
denish

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:37:00 AM

ICO is finished ;-) You can buy GRFT on Cryptopia or TradeOgre!
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:28:27 AM

But you can buy at exchanges, and at a good disccount

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:48:27 AM

But you can buy at exchanges, and at a good disccount

it's not a discount actualy Cheesy
is just dump situation and we can take advantage of that

STUDENTCOIN