Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:25:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for Taxi  (Read 6933 times)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:35:51 PM

I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?
I think here in the Philippines we could use our local online wallet to pay for our taxi fare,
And also it gives discount for the first use but never really tried it .
If i were you and i have bitcoin and also wallet that allow me to pay taxi fare with bitcoin, i will not do it and i will pay using fiat money instead because even it is just a small amount of bitcoin it is not totally worth it because you also know that there is a fee when sending bitcoin so if you are just going to pay at least 3 USD taxi fare then you will be paying it double because of the fee rate right now so it is not totally worth it to use.
26Aug2017

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:51:04 AM

I like taxi accepted bitcoin, i think this is a good and make me will always pay with bitcoin if I use taxi service. I hope in my city also accept bitcoin, because everyday i use taxi.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:59:50 AM

I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?

Where have you been, broseph?

https://www.gyft.com/buy-gift-cards/uber/

Uber Gift Card
REDEEM ONLINE
Gift Uber rides to the people you care about, or add value to your Uber account.

The Uber app connects you to a reliable ride in minutes. From low-cost to premium, every option feels like an upgrade to the everyday. And payment is automatic—no cash, no card, no hassle.

this has been a thing, for quite some time at this point. they used to have lyft, but it kinda of fell by the wayside (Uber is was more ubiquitous in the cities i frequent).

at the very least, you can use a bitcoin/eth denominated debit card. and I wont even address the various services in the US that allow you to buy public transportation credits in select markets.
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:03:18 AM

I will not use her to pay a taxi because transaction fee is her main problem, I think bitcoin is better suited for exchange or in made as cash and in use for, big enough transaction, I would rather pay taxi using cash like that I used to do it and it gets faster and wastes no time for transactions, because it pays with bitcoin I think it will make it more complicated
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:09:23 AM

I think here in the Philippines we could use our local online wallet to pay for our taxi fare,
And also it gives discount for the first use but never really tried it .

Really? In the Philippines? That's really cool, the local wallet has provided various services for its consumers.

I guess it would be convenient, sort of like how a credit or debit card works. For those who don't always have cash in their pockets, this would provide more options. But yeah, given the choice I would still choose to pay in fiat, because to pay in BTC won't be worth it. I'd rather hold the BTC that I have than spend it just for a taxi fare. It would be better if it would be available for other transportation services as well such as flights and and trains.
SiNeReiNZzz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1043

αLPʜα αɴd ΩMeGa

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 03:56:42 AM

I guess its a good idea also, but considering for now the delays and its unstable prices, i think it should be better if they put some minimum fee for taxi from their respective local currency, because anyway they can convert it to bitcoins if possible, but if we should say that the minimum payment is 0.01 for example, the problem is that 0.01 has different values because of bitcoin's changes from time to time. And one more thing, it should be also better if before you ride on taxi you should have atleast had bookings or book with it, just to make sure and just in case.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:03:42 AM

i have to disagree with you that paying bills including the fees also we have to wait a little longer untill reach first confirmations i think that is not too effective paying taxi with bitcoin and i personally for paying the cabs more prefer to use cash
Nakakapagpabagabag

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:06:04 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2017, 10:58:27 AM by Nakakapagpabagabag

i have to disagree with you that paying bills including the fees also we have to wait a little longer untill reach first confirmations i think that is not too effective paying taxi with bitcoin and i personally for paying the cabs more prefer to use cash

It is possible.  I actually saw a documentary in New York if I am not mistaken, a girl rode a cab and pay using bitcoin through third party.

Even it is possible, considering the high price of bitcoin right now, I will not use my bitcoin to pay it for a ride.  I will keep them  and save them until it reach my target value.

GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:09:22 AM

Actually i am paying my taxi's with Bitcoin, i have a debit bitcoin card, it is so easy man, just download uber and you would be able to pay for your taxi's with cryptos.
But it would be a nice idea if you could pay directly with bitcoins, but it would take some time to make transactions, and if you pay with debit card (as i actually do) it takes no more than 1 minute, since they taxi driver only have to pass your card.
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:40:40 AM

I don't see any practicality in paying taxi driver with bitcoin as the price increases.. It is better just hold on to it and pay the taxi drivers in cash.. I don't really think that is a bad idea but to have profit it is more essential to be on hold than sell..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:53:25 AM

While i like the thought of being able to use bitcoins with ease in our daily lives in small or big payments to happen, I think that it is still impossible as for today or in the near future because of the confirmation processes that almost takes forever to finish and the current fees for every transaction. Plus the biggest problem which is the sufficient knowledge that everyone must have if they want to use bitcoins or accept bitcoins as payment methods. I don't mean all those technical stuff that some of us already know but just the basics; how to store bitcoin, how to get a wallet, how to protect what you have, and how to spend.

Those are the things that really need attention from the people and the devs so bitcoin can be used by everyone in the future on their daily lives.
Liza Soberano

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:39:45 AM

I definitely agree with you brother. I would like to see that happening in real life. That will only happen if BTC gets mass-adopted by the larger portion of our population. It could be far-off for now but it could definitely happen. Also, as stated by the above post regarding the high transaction fees paid to the network, it is indeed not practical to pay your taxi using BTC accompanied by high fees. Hopefully, this problem will also be solved in the coming months.
I also agree with that. I would like to take that opportunity to use bitcoin in transportation likr taxi so that it can use and not wasted for anythings.
Babyjamz3026

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:19:54 AM

That's was nice and cool idea, I like the thought you had in this matter dude. It will be more convenient if this things happen, you will only pay using your mobile phone but the taxi must have their wifi connection in terms of doing transaction of payment.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:25:04 PM

I think if paying a taxi with bitcoin there should be a more effective system so it is not difficult and easier. This is a very good idea in the field of transportation. But in my opinion do not even complicate the way payment. for example by using bitcoin debit card, it will facilitate the taxi users who will go wherever their destination. so I think there needs to be a greater system handling so that taxi users who make a taxi payment will feel comfortable. If this can be realized of bitcoin will be more and more people who use it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
franco123

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:36:03 AM

I think this is a good idea given that we are now in or entering in the digital era. It will be a lot easier to pay digitally like Bitcoin. However, a lot of people still do not recognize Bitcoin as money. Some doesnt even now what Bitcoin is. The idea is good, however it is not yet to be utalized as payment for goods and services. For the meant time, what we can do is the idea of sigital payment. We can just maybe use cards like what we use in subways and busses in order to pay for taxi fares. It is just like loading the card and tapping it to a meter to pay for taxi fares.
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:52:10 AM

I don't think that bitcoins use in small transactions us good idea as the transactions fees itself would be around $4 to $5 but if you are travelling very long distance then I think it's okay to use bitcoins but not for short distances.And as the bitcoin's price fluctuates any anything so you might regret how much you had used later.Best way to use bitcoins are to hold them for future as they might cost a fortune then.
bcdf

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:00:12 AM

it would be a good use case of bitcoin . though not available here
Gotomoon

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:07:06 AM

it would be a good use case of bitcoin . though not available here
Yes a good idea to use bitcoin in any services but one thing will be the problem is the high fees in every transactions. This would add a popularity to bitcoin because of this services just the transactions fees I hope will be lessen. 
bucker steemit

Activity: 302
Merit: 120

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:33:28 AM

Is it true? If this is true this is good news for bitcoin if paying a taxi with bitcoin is really happening then i will travel the world by taxi. I totally agree if this is really very happy to hear the news about this where people can pay taxi only with a smart phone with blockchain technology.

henry2121

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:39:24 AM

this is cool so I can bring fewer dollars to have comfortable transport.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: