Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:56:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Bitcoin mining becomes illegal world wide?  (Read 3173 times)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:43:03 PM

If bitcoin mining will become illegal world wide then it is all game over for bitcoin because there is no miners that will mine bitcoin and support the network and that is the time where bitcoin will not be useful anymore because the life of bitcoin is depending on the network called blockchain so if there is no miners will strengthen the network then all of the things that we worked for bitcoin will be pop out like a bubble.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:15:39 PM

Will that be an end of bitcoin? If all mining operations becomes illegal all over the world. Why authorities are against bitcoin mining?

Lets discuss

if mining becomes illegal in one country, people will just use enctryped systems to hide their activies. I seriously doubt that a ton of countries would ban bitcoin mining.

if they banned bitcoin mining why not ban people from using bots in video games who bot for earning gold and items. they sell those items and gold for real money or trade it for goods and services.

same thing(although not secure and not public and not enctryped hehe0
rodskee

Activity: 2408
Merit: 202

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:09:09 PM

Hello! I have always thought and shares my opinion that one of the risk of Bitcoin is it is being banned by the government of a specific country. But with this idea, given that it is actually possible, then it will just be a big lost to ever Bitcoin holder. But I don't think that this will happen just in one click. If this will happen, it will happen country by country and nation by nation. With that, my suggestion and what most probably people will do is will sell their Bitcoins if we are already seeing that it is starting to be banned in other countries.

thats wise move decision but don't panic all problems facing of bitcoin right now i believe bitcoin escape and resolve of all trials, i think the purpose of china banned the bitcoin because china want to handle the control of bitcoin.

Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:34:42 PM

This will never happen. I do want to live in a world like that anyway. It would start a war. You taking people's freedom away. I hope there is none here who this is something like this will happen because it won't to rest easy.

The governments of the world k ow what happens when you take freedom from people. They become desperate. Think of all the times things were banned throughout time. Also Bitcoin would be so scarce we night end up being rich in the underground world that the governments of the world would have created by banning bitcoin mining.

krisnt80

Activity: 729

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:51:25 PM

If bitcoin mining, mining in the general becomes ilegal we will see big pools closing doors, and one funny thing, some of them will try to run their miners into a different place, paying some money to remain invisible, if not happen such, well pretty sure home miners will assume those since they cant trace each one of us, soo mining would be decentralized and maybe better to all.
cjinny

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:50:02 AM

immediately sell 80% bitcoin you have before in your country bitcoin is completely banned completely. Why I only recommend 80% sold, because that 20% is to keep watch.
24core

Activity: 582
Merit: 250

An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 02:02:23 AM

Will that be an end of bitcoin? If all mining operations becomes illegal all over the world. Why authorities are against bitcoin mining?

Lets discuss

Even if one-day mining bitcoin were illegal, it would be almost impossible to detect at home.  I don't think they can identify anyone unless they have several mining rigs and wasting 10x the electricity than all other homes in the neighborhood.

streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:03:08 PM

Lets discuss
I think if bitcoin become legal to all country i think the value of bitcoin is going increas so much high becuase of the popularity and many investor invest in biitcoin so i hope bitcoin become legal in all country. Smiley
If we talk about legalization of bitcoin and its mining worldwide then one thing that I am sure about is its volatility will decrease definitely. Its usage will also increase and the price will be higher but if the mining becomes illegal around the whole world, bitcoin will be of no use. We need transaction verification any way.
Qtrez

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:05:43 PM

Lets discuss

no need to fear, excessive worries will cause a bad effect for yourself. if all that must happen, it will not be prevented no matter how you try. and if none of that ever happens, then never exist. so in my opinion it will never happen. because every country is always different point of view.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:35:29 PM

Honestly, have you seen anything banned worldwide? For instance opium is banned in most countries, but in Afghanistan it's still being planted and smoked. Alcohol used to be banned in the USA, but the rest of the world didn't care. In the 50s people were being sentenced for up to 10 years in prison for cannabis in the USA, while the rest of the world didn't care. In many countries there were completely no anti cannabis laws for another 30 years!
If you believe world leaders are going to unanimously agree to ban cryptos, mining or whatever you don't know much about the world.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:09:11 PM

I don't think it will happen in the 1st place but let's think if it does then there will be mining farms in the underground and connection will be secured with VPNs.
no doubt there will not be many of these so it will slow down the confirmation speed and the tx fee will increase.
FasTroy

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:17:36 PM

I think when Bitcoin mining becomes illegal worldwide, I think miners will continue mining in the dark Because if mining will stop Bitcoin will die automatically, so it will be a big problem for peoples who own Bitcoin which it will useless then.

ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:33:27 AM

If bitcoin mining will become illegal world wide then it is all game over for bitcoin because there is no miners that will mine bitcoin and support the network and that is the time where bitcoin will not be useful anymore because the life of bitcoin is depending on the network called blockchain so if there is no miners will strengthen the network then all of the things that we worked for bitcoin will be pop out like a bubble.
Okay, what if I decide to make Bitcoin legal in my family after it has been made illegal? Lol; we just share it among ourselves. By the way, I don’t it’s possible for all countries to ban Bitcoin cause from what I’m seeing, lots and lots of them are getting interested. No need to mention them.
Sarah08

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:38:37 AM

If that happens it would be a big problem in many people that the only source of their income is bitcoin, why? Because im sure that they are not only based on the bitcointalk forums, campaigns, and bounties and also they get their money from mining so that will be a chaos.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:43:38 AM

Lets discuss
If the bitcoin becomes illegal worldwide the value of the will extremely go down. But I think it will not happen because many governmentsin the world are now legalizing the bitcoin.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:21:54 PM

I don't think it can be happened but we can't say anything about it . Government have all rights even in internet. If mining stops it mean transactions will never confirmed, if its not confirmed how will bitcoins work. So i think yeah it will be end of bitcoin. But yet this law has to be passed in every country. otherwise the tx will still be confirmed from those countries where mining is not ban by the government.
iyan33

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:35:56 PM

I agree with you and it seems that mining will not stop as long as bitcoin still exists, because mining is an important part of bitcoin and it is not possible if the government prohibits mining (for legal bitcoin countries).
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:53:24 PM

I don't think it can be happened but we can't say anything about it . Government have all rights even in internet. If mining stops it mean transactions will never confirmed, if its not confirmed how will bitcoins work. So i think yeah it will be end of bitcoin. But yet this law has to be passed in every country. otherwise the tx will still be confirmed from those countries where mining is not ban by the government.

The Possibility of this happening is a reality we can never know if it will surely happen in the near future but the possibility is still there and I think it is a major crisis, that bitcoin is started with mining and it will surely end in mining, but yup I think even if there are government that keeps on banning bitcoin there are others that are supporting it and other Cryptocurrency I think because of the benefit they can get in it,
krisnt80

Activity: 729

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:11:26 AM

One of the possible problems if this really happens would be how to control and avoid the attack into bitcoin with 51% of the hash, since a lot people would have acess to make this attack without big players around, but i really doubt this will be anytime possible and wont happen at all, we do live into a freedom world and there is nothing countries cant do to stop home miners and say shut up to all of us.
CookieGums

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:20:57 AM

If the bitcoin banned worldwide, i thinks thats the goodbye because its the end of bitcoin, no one can use it if its already banned. But this is impossoble because bitcoin is now part of the technology.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: