Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:25:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Invest in Bitcoin right now?  (Read 3548 times)
Appie34 (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:42:51 AM

Hello!

Thanks for reading this topic.

I have some money at the bank which I actually don't need. The interest rate is a joke, so I'm looking for long term investment.
BTC price is kind of high right now if you look at the charts and history. But I read a lot of topics and it looks like this doesn't matter at all.

Let's say I want to buy like 2BTC. Do you advice to do it right now or wait till when?

Thanks!!!
Psalms23

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:48:37 AM

I think its not too late to invest in btc. The rate is still rising in almost every hour. A day later and more increase in btc rate. Just think about a year ago if you have invested in it how much would been your btc's worth right now. But you should also invest in other alt coins with potential, there are a lot of them. Just be watchful though.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 08:53:45 AM

It's a massive gamble, and one that I am considering as well. There is too much instablity at the moment, and I believe that a blocksize increase is the wrong way to go, and it will leave Bitcoin vulnerable to other currencies with faster confirmation times. If Bitcoin stays with an average time of 30 minutes for 2 confirmations, then it isn't going to stay as the primary store of wealth in my opinion.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Appie34 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:56:25 AM

I think its not too late to invest in btc. The rate is still rising in almost every hour. A day later and more increase in btc rate. Just think about a year ago if you have invested in it how much would been your btc's worth right now. But you should also invest in other alt coins with potential, there are a lot of them. Just be watchful though.

Thanks for your reply. I am convinced to invest, but the only question is which day...
The price is going sky high today and maybe even more this week and next week. Which makes me afraid a small dump will follow.

I was looking at Waves and have some Ripples already for long term...
Appie34 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:03:41 AM

It's a massive gamble, and one that I am considering as well. There is too much instablity at the moment, and I believe that a blocksize increase is the wrong way to go, and it will leave Bitcoin vulnerable to other currencies with faster confirmation times. If Bitcoin stays with an average time of 30 minutes for 2 confirmations, then it isn't going to stay as the primary store of wealth in my opinion.

A gamble it is, especially buying at $4000 USD right now. Only 1 month ago it was like $1000 less...
I am excited to buy BTC, but maybe I should wait like a few weeks...

What other coins you are looking at?
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1055
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:07:35 AM

It's the right time to buy it, It'll certainly go over 5000$ at the end of the year.

Appie34 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:19:07 AM

It's the right time to buy it, It'll certainly go over 5000$ at the end of the year.

What do you expect next days?
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:55:41 PM

If you are buying bitcoin for long term buy it now. It isn't a big difference if you buy bitcoin for 3500$ or 4500$. Price can just little fall but after that price will rise. Rising price is more likely that falling so it is time to buy.
kelstasy

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain Close

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:35:08 PM

IMHO, if you're looking for long term better to buy it now and keep it but it will be a long shot.

★★★★★★★ BLOCKLANCER ★★★★★★★
★ Freelance on the BlockchainVISIT US! JOIN BOUNTY
The first Decentralized Autonomous Job market (DAJ)
Appie34 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:07:25 PM

I bought my first 0.5 BTC today... Very high price, but I will keep it for years...
Maybe buy some more later this week, but it looks like the price will be stable the next period.

I'm late, but hopefully not too late to make some profit within the next years.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3261

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:02:47 PM

My standard answers to this question (which is asked every day):

1. The best time to invest was years ago. The second best time to invest is now.
2. Taking investment advice from anonymous strangers on the internet is stupid.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
rafihasan

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:11:47 PM

Hello!

I have some money at the bank which I actually don't need. The interest rate is a joke, so I'm looking for long term investment.
BTC price is kind of high right now if you look at the charts and history. But I read a lot of topics and it looks like this doesn't matter at all.

Let's say I want to buy like 2BTC. Do you advice to do it right now or wait till when?

Thanks!!!

Don't wait too long, you might miss your chance!
cryptohorsee

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:13:36 PM

Hello!

Thanks!!!

Yes just invest now and forget about it for like 2 years, don't watch the price, live your life. After 2 years you will have a nice suprise as the bitcoin price will grow enormusly

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 06:12:38 PM

No one can tell you the accurate answer. It totally depends on your risk profile that how you handle the wild world of cryptocurrency markets. For example, if you are buying 2 Bitcoins at this stage then your total investment will be $8,600 and even 10% fall in the price would be $860 so can you afford to keep calm in such loss? Yes, I believe that Bitcoin is a good investment option for the long term but only for those who can handle the sharp volatility in the price. It's not easy to keep calm when you see about 30% loss in your portfolio. However, if you think that you are capable of maintaining peace then there is absolutely no problem with it in my opinion. Please do your own research before taking any decision.
Sephil

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:26:14 PM

Hello!

Thanks!!!

Using 2017 as my baseline, every month that you don't invest, Bitcoin will become a little less profitable. As I'm sure you're aware if you've viewed any Bitcoin chart, the price can go up 30% in 6 hours and drop 50% the next. There is a lot of profit taking that takes place on the big swings so just be mindful of that when checking on "how your investment is doing."

My suggestion - wait until it drops. Buy. Put it in a wallet and forget about it for 10 years.
WildWestRider

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:33:04 PM

I'm a noob, researching bitcoin and altcoins, wanting to figure out where to start, but don't have the means to buy.  Alternate acquisition methods will have to do for me for now, including taking bitcoin as payment for certain things.  If I could afford it, I would definitely wait for a dip and buy.  Have to start somewhere.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3018

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 11:05:28 PM

Buying bitcoin daily is always right because the fact we do not know what actually will happen in bitcoin but the price of bitcoin is increasing and increasing every month every year.. so if you are not investing now you will lose the opportunity to make a money or profit in few days or months so buying today is a good idea and wait for a long time to sell them in the good price.. or better to hold your bitcoin for a long time or yearly so that you can make more profit.. the more you invest the more you make profit..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
webvn20

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:13:03 AM

Invest in Bitcoin because it will increment every years ,bitcoin is limited 21,000,000 btc and more and more altcoin was born will kick bitcoin's price growning up  never stop.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:33:56 AM

Seriously you going to just make a new account and ask strangers for finicial advice ? If you can afford 2btc surely you can afford professional advice. Asking the way you did is a terrible idea. Don't listen to other people listen to yourself. You already said the bank gives crap interest and Bitcoin is doing well. So isn't that a good enough reason to invest ?

jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:52:13 AM

Hello!

Thanks!!!
Depends on your personality. But generally speaking, Bitcoin should be rising quite a bit for the next years. If you don't care about or know how to properly optimize purchases of financial instruments, you can just buy the whole amount right now. Just don't worry about the price fluctuations, the price could go down quite a bit in the short-term, but that doesn't matter since it will recover and go up in the long-term.
Alternatively, you can buy a smaller portion every week or every month to average the price out. If the price goes up, you will lose some potential gains. If the price go down, you will get cheaper coins overall. Nobody can tell what the ideal situation is and you have to think this through on your own.

Generally speaking though, I recommend that you don't touch your Bitcoin for a very long time and pretend that you "lost" the money so you don't get worried by price fluctuations. A lot of people sell and then regret it later. If you don't need money to survive, don't touch your investments. Any short-term toys that you could buy are not worth forfeiting future wealth (in my opinion).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: