Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:44:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Advise on buying bitcoins  (Read 1557 times)
jamalnasir (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:08:22 PM

hello everyone, Greetings from Pakistan.

Since am relatively new here and to bitcoins, I've a lot of questions. Bitcoin I feel is relatively expensive to buy locally as the supply is limited and sellers are charging whatever the heck they want. I was thinking to buy it from an international exchange but the problem is that they are asking for too many bloody verification things which I've already provided but they still need blah blah blah.

So, have a few questions:

- is there any exchange which can get me registered just by my national identity card or passport? They are asking for utility bills in my name which I cannot provide since I live with my parents (normal here) so the bills are in their names. Tried to explain one of the support person but I guess they don't seem to understand
- any exchange(or rather their bank) which doesn't a ridiculous amount of money for online transfer from Pakistan.
- the exchange supports limit orders so I can buy when there is a correction  in the price
- the exchange offers to buy major cryptos through USD
- they respond to emails !

Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:00:41 PM

Is there no exchanger in your country? If do not have its really hard to buy bitcoins. It's only natural to ask a lot of id and what else. To be sure. So they know your identity. And if you can not give it. You may not buy btc. But there is an alternative way for it. Just go on Market Place > Currency Exchange  There you will find those selling their Bitcoins. And they also accepts a Bank transfer based on what you are talking about. But be careful because someone else is a scam and you can just get robbed. Avoid people with a Negative Trust better okay be cautious and careful before making transactions.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 02:12:19 PM

You can simply use coins.ph . it is a philipine exchanger and wallet also.They support all countries around globe. I am not residing in philipine but i have seen its features once months ago and i was using it without verification.
To renove limitations , they may ask you for id verification but it is not compulsory.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:18:01 PM

- is there any exchange which can get me registered just by my national identity card or passport? They are asking for utility bills in my name which I cannot provide since I live with my parents (normal here) so the bills are in their names. Tried to explain one of the support person but I guess they don't seem to understand

Most exchanges accept a government certificate of residency instead of a utility bill. You should be able to get this from
the administration (municipality) of your home town. Basically, any document signed from a government agency
should be sufficient!

Besides, you could submit a bank statement instead of a utility bill
(assuming that you have an own bank account in your name and don´t use the bank account
of your parents).

freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:21:02 PM

Cex.io and if you are unable to do business with them then you wont be able to do it with any other exchanger because they are the most simple

And easy user friendly exchanging services.
jamalnasir (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:29:34 PM

Is there no exchanger in your country? If do not have its really hard to buy bitcoins. It's only natural to ask a lot of id and what else. To be sure. So they know your identity. And if you can not give it. You may not buy btc. But there is an alternative way for it. Just go on Market Place > Currency Exchange  There you will find those selling their Bitcoins. And they also accepts a Bank transfer based on what you are talking about. But be careful because someone else is a scam and you can just get robbed. Avoid people with a Negative Trust better okay be cautious and careful before making transactions.

well, the whole concept of crypto-currency as I understand it is then lost if they need my bank statements as well. How the heck is this supposed to be anonymous? I already provided the idiots with my national identity card and my passport. What else do they want? Meet me in person, interview me and then open my account. This is honestly ridiculous and plan stupid imho.
jamalnasir (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:42:10 PM

You can simply use coins.ph . it is a philipine exchanger and wallet also.They support all countries around globe. I am not residing in philipine but i have seen its features once months ago and i was using it without verification.
To renove limitations , they may ask you for id verification but it is not compulsory.
thanks friend, will try it.

Most exchanges accept a government certificate of residency instead of a utility bill. You should be able to get this from
the administration (municipality) of your home town. Basically, any document signed from a government agency
should be sufficient!

Besides, you could submit a bank statement instead of a utility bill
(assuming that you have an own bank account in your name and don´t use the bank account
of your parents).
well, I just sent one of them my mutual fund statement which shows my home address - lets see... strangely I checked my bank account statement and it doesn't show my home address.

But I still don't get it, why the heck would someone want my bank statement, its not like they are giving me a loan or something...anyways....Smiley

Cex.io and if you are unable to do business with them then you wont be able to do it with any other exchanger because they are the most simple

And easy user friendly exchanging services.
ahh thanks for reminding me about it. I totally forgot about it...was having login issues with the site so I just stopped using it. Am already registered there, will try it again! Smiley
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:50:38 PM

I am from the Philippines and I am a member of Coins.Ph but because I am a local here am not really familiar if it is also dealing with foreigners especially one residing in other countries and in Middle East at that. Yes, it can be good to maybe talk to the support of Coins.Ph and ask how to buy Bitcoin when one is based in another country.

I feel lucky that in the Philippines we have Coins.Ph and there are two more Bitcoin exchanges coming soon and has already got the approval from the Central Bank no less. Cryptocurrency is now very much alive in the Philippines.
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:57:56 PM

well nice elaboration and it is nice to see how much support is given to the people through this forum many people are making money through this and it is hope after hope so keep trying you will learn very soon. Just follow a few steps first of all you need to search about bitcoin In internet and then buy bitcoin and keep it in your wallet and forget about it for long time it will make you earn good profit… after that if you still have money then invest your money in different sites it will help you a lot buy bitcoin at this time will be good because it is increasing in price rapidly.
zulkarnaen

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 08:14:41 PM

I think holding bitcoin in about 1-5 years is certainly an investment that has minimal risk of loss but has good chance of earning big profit in the next few years.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:18:07 PM

In asking for utility bill, they really don't have interest in the name on the card what they want to confirm is the address and determine whether the address on your id card is the same as the one on the utility bill in other to ascertain that you really live there. Looking to buy exchange sites means you will have to use you debit  card which by default carries quite an amount of your details as well. I guess there is no two ways about that.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:22:39 PM

hello, i am from India and I am 18. I do not have a bank account so I am also kind of the same situation like you but I am using a local trader which I got from the localbitcoin site. I will suggest trying finding a local trader there and if you do not find any then be the first and start buying btc. and if you do find anyone who can exchange your money with Bitcoin then always is secure and alert if he completes a deal with you successfully then you can deal with him again and again.
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532

Presale is live!

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:32:45 PM

When you buy Bitcoins for the first time you should use LocalBitcoins or Coinbase. These are the simplest platforms and also very trustworthy and you don't need to worry about losing your money or getting hacked/scammed because these companies are very big and well known and would not risk their reputation. Tongue

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:00:12 PM

Brother you do not need your ID or anything like this if you use LocalBitcoins. It is a little bit more expensive, but this is my recommendation for you.
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:12:11 PM

hello, i am from India and I am 18. I do not have a bank account so I am also kind of the same situation like you but I am using a local trader which I got from the localbitcoin site. I will suggest trying finding a local trader there and if you do not find any then be the first and start buying btc. and if you do find anyone who can exchange your money with Bitcoin then always is secure and alert if he completes a deal with you successfully then you can deal with him again and again.

Yes!!! You picked the right site, LocalBitcoins it is the best one to buy Bitcoins because you can trade with people in your area in many different ways and it is also anonymous because you do not need ID or SMS verification. Good job, bro!
jamalnasir (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:15:09 AM

can someone please recommend which one is best among these two and why? Planning to buy using my debit card.

www.kraken.com
https://cex.io
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:09:19 PM

If you have completed 18 then you can open bank account. Else you can use your parents bank account and then trade easily on any exchanges local or international. So how do you buy then when you do not have bank account through local dealer? Is it through cash transaction or some other mode of payment you do it to purchase btc?
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 12:17:31 PM

can someone please recommend which one is best among these two and why? Planning to buy using my debit card.

www.kraken.com
https://cex.io

I'd definitely recommend Kraken, I've been buying Bitcoins there for years and I also pay with my debit card.
I've personally never used cex.io, so I can't recommend them personally, I have also heard good things about them though.

You should contact their support if you have any questions.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 12:17:58 PM

Hi, brother, I am from India and situation is almost same BUT the price is around 10% to 15% more than the international exchanges so it is not an issue.

I agree that the price is low on the international exchanges but since if we decide to buy directly from the international exchange, the cost of transferring amount from our currency to USD will be almost 10% to 15% and it will take hours or even days for payment confirmation so I don' think there any practical solution as of now to transfer funds in less than that of Bitcoin fees.

KYC verification is not an issue, most of the international exchanges support govt issued identity cards.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:25:13 PM

On the other hand you can find your local seller through this forum also. I'm sure definitely you can find your neighbor gay to sell bitcoin to you in relatively right prices. After localbitcoin, this forum must be having more sellers world wide, you can make use of them.

If you are having all the facilities like bank wire transfer facility and all the required documents then you can buy from any international exchanges. Personally I have done this with Xapo. You may check them too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: