News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Why Altcoin falling
Btc pump - 13 (65%)
Altcoin back after the pump - 4 (20%)
Btc sewgit success - 3 (15%)
Total Voters: 20

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin is falling. Who knows why?  (Read 2713 times)
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:57:56 PM

I think the price of Bitco has risen so much in the past, which makes all altcoin fall and we still do not know what will happen if Bitcoin reaches $ 10,000 if that happens . People will sell altcoin
Of course people will see, but that would be people who don't believe in the technology they are investing in. For those who pick their investment carefully, they will hodl
PhilPrime

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BlockChainBroker - The Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:10:23 PM

I think the price of Bitco has risen so much in the past, which makes all altcoin fall and we still do not know what will happen if Bitcoin reaches $ 10,000 if that happens . People will sell altcoin
Of course people will see, but that would be people who don't believe in the technology they are investing in. For those who pick their investment carefully, they will hodl
.aybe the btc pump is also the reason, since more is into focusing on btc . And git the idea that holding it more is better as see in btc. We're hoping altcoins can achieved btc value too. That's why some were holding into alts for future pump.

okinnas

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:39:40 PM

Not totally, though lots of alternative coins depends on btc price. Was really surprised with monero. I sold mine for over 1M satoshi per monero now it's over 3M sats. tsk tsk.
Saoha (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:05:59 PM

Btc increased dramatically and altcoin was down. My account😂😂
bananadines

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:08:17 PM

The altcoinmarket are falling down because of the huge pump of BTC. But that the same pattern like at the other 10 ATHs of Bitcoin Cheesy Hope we see bitcoin coming down a bit in the next time. I think the september will be a good moon month for altcoins
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:24:45 PM

I just based this on my observation and I observed most of the time when bitcoin price goes up, most of the altcoin prices do go down. I'm not sure why that is happening but usually that is the case.
DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:32:02 PM

Looks like BTC is pumping again, time for the alts to make a nice dip. It's like watching a dance each taking turns dipping before carrying on.
FrenchinHK

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:33:47 PM

We need a huge BTC crash
prabakharras

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:34:23 PM

Altcoin falls because the market is more volatile in comparison to Bitcoin
Small movement makes high percentage change. New coins come in steals away bitcoin marketcap.
Which is things make look a bit flawed than meet the beauty of the eyes.
Keep monitoring coins, and it will be OK, hold BTC no matter what along alts

redhack
Legendary

Activity: 1860
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:38:27 PM

I know. Because Bitcoin price is rising. Altcoins can't keep up with Bitcoin when there's a pump phase. After Bitcoin pump stagnate altcoins will recover and catch their same place. But in the pump people try to sell altcoins and jump on Bitcoin. If you are not a daytrader you shouldn't be worry about these waves. Bitcoin need to take a breathe, then altcoins will recover. You won't lose money.
ZZ8ZZ

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:58:59 PM

Don't ask questions OP, profit from this ! Explanation: no one has a clear idea why some of the altcoins are falling, where others are raising up like crazy from nowhere.
Buy low/sell high and you're good to go.
defined

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:07:18 PM

I lost quite a lot of Sc, stratis, xrp and Dgb. And you
Old altcoins are down, new altcoins up. When the pump no longer works, the pumpers move to a new coin.
Pumpers do not care about any coin and they do not care about you.

See http://coincap.io/, click %24hr.

EmberCoin EMB up 95%
Primas PST up 61%
VOISE VSM up 50%
Breakout Stake BRX up 40%

Too many bs coins pumping.
HAARP

Activity: 206

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:08:48 PM

This is normal because people try to get more bitcoin right now. They saw bitcoin is going up dramatically and they didn't want to miss this action. Whenever this happens, there is big dump happenin on all the altcoins, as usual.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:02:09 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2017, 03:21:54 AM by andrei56

some are doing fine: like PTOY, Vertcoin, Waves, Lisk, UBQ
But well, it's not really a loss until you sell them, so hold and they will rise again Wink
even wave is down and having a hard time to go back to where it was
Many coins are having trouble at the moment since there is not enough money since bitcoin has taken most of the market cap to itself once again, there needs to be a new influx of money and that will take some time to materialize since in this year alone many coins went up to 10 times.
BITSPANISH

Activity: 486

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:29:16 PM

This is normal because people try to get more bitcoin right now. They saw bitcoin is going up dramatically and they didn't want to miss this action. Whenever this happens, there is big dump happenin on all the altcoins, as usual.
You also understand that situation is the scenario of whales want attractive more investor interested to Bitcoin, the volume trading increases everyday => New capital will deposit to crypto market => New cycle created and transfer to altcoin cheap price for take x2 profit Smiley

✦ ───   OATH   ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium  ────── ▌▐ 
JustLooking7

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:49:53 PM

It may that altcoins dropping because BTC will probably fork again so everyone is stacking BTC hoping to stay on real BTC and sell fork for "free money". Also BTC increasing as more and more people hear about concurrency and their first pick always BTC just because its first ever.

Zakhal

Activity: 280

I love crypto

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:06:21 PM

I feel that most altcoins are overvalued currently. It can cost lot to buy even handful but still for small investor the coins are often useless beyond the speculative value. If you own like 1000 or 10000 more then you can mine or stake but then the price is impossible.

Many altcoins have lost lots of value lately, like MCO and even NEO. I tried to buy them a bit but now that their price drop so easily its proven that they are no good for holding value.

However there are some altcoins that hold their value much better than others. I think I will use that as a main factor for future investments.
BitcoinSkull

Activity: 63
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:24:34 PM

I think you really need to just look at some altcoins that have really good future potential. Looks for good projects that have natural growth and solid potential. I try and listen to the community for and against each coin and decide from there.
Hammonds

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:01:48 AM

I think the mistake is yours, it seems you bought some coins at the time after being pumped and have a high enough price, and when returning to the starting price you get a loss.
NJB18

Activity: 663

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:08:20 AM

Same here. I also have some of the coins you are mentioning. This is temporary though. There is serious pump happening to Bitcoin that is why the alts are suffering. By the time this will end and stability with Bitcoin's price will take place, the alts will fly again. That's what happened right?  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: