Author Topic: ---  (Read 3756 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 03:36:04 PM

Every Bitcoin users has different goals and wishes so not everyone would sell at the same point. Some really want to save their coins on long term but my opinion is that just holding Bitcoins without using them for anything don't lead nowhere. Depending on estimations is good to combine spending and saving, that is the only way that you can have actual use of Bitcoins

But what's the real use of Bitcoin today?

Even if you can buy something with bitcoins, they are almost instantly converted back to fiat, and to me, spending them in this way is pretty much meaningless. You could just as easily convert them to fiat yourself and spend fiat instead of Bitcoin. And what is left? The only thing that you can meaningfully do to your bitcoins is to speculate with them, and this is what most people do anyway. So does this count as leading anywhere?

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:33:32 PM

Every Bitcoin users has different goals and wishes so not everyone would sell at the same point. Some really want to save their coins on long term but my opinion is that just holding Bitcoins without using them for anything don't lead nowhere. Depending on estimations is good to combine spending and saving, that is the only way that you can have actual use of Bitcoins.

You are bang on! I might make large profits in percentage terms by selling my Bitcoin, but I wouldn't really be hitting the jackpot. So for me it makes sense to wait. If Bitcoin increases further, my life would become comfortable.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:11:24 PM

Unless you'd arrived in the last couple of months you would've had to have worked rather hard not to have huge profits by now. Overall I'm up plenty. I don't really ever want to sell and I never have. I'd much prefer to spend if there's a need for something and I don't give a shit if it's instantly converted, that's their problem.

It all depends on what your goals are and what your immediate needs are. No one should be going without something vital if they have profits to play with. Equally they'd be monumentally stupid to spend it all on Steam games.

The stars are only just beginning to align. If people can afford to then they should at least wait a few more years until after the next halving.
fishbonez11

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:17:04 PM

I cannot tell you an exact number because it will need data and studies to make that accurate. But what I can say is that I think that many people can and will resist selling off their bitcoin if they know and believe in the potential of bitcoin to earn huge profits. Should everyone know this for a fact, then I guess there is no other reason for selling other than pure need.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:58:34 PM

I think that to give more value to Bitcoins and start using it as an actual "GLOBAL" currency, it's necessary to be used in that way.
People think that this is just an opportunity, a way to satisfy their hopes, their demands of making more money over their already invested fiat.
Do you know Tim Draper? He's the man who actively took part in all those seized Bitcoins' auction held in US and bought more than 50k Bitcoins at ~650 bucks (if I'm not wrong). Did he sell his coins till date? I think NO. Because he is fueling his own experimental projects with those Bitcoins as well as handling over few projects to his son too. Sharing is caring and investors never look for smaller profits, they make huge differences in the society with their decisions.
ckorbba

Activity: 672
Merit: 144

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:44:56 PM

I think that to give more value to Bitcoins and start using it as an actual "GLOBAL" currency, it's necessary to be used in that way.
People think that this is just an opportunity, a way to satisfy their hopes, their demands of making more money over their already invested fiat.
Do you know Tim Draper? He's the man who actively took part in all those seized Bitcoins' auction held in US and bought more than 50k Bitcoins at ~650 bucks (if I'm not wrong). Did he sell his coins till date? I think NO. Because he is fueling his own experimental projects with those Bitcoins as well as handling over few projects to his son too. Sharing is caring and investors never look for smaller profits, they make huge differences in the society with their decisions.
and yet I believe that it is the huge holders of Bitcoin that have a very great influence on the pricing of the crypto currency. Perhaps there is no fault with the Chinese government In today's situation, namely such people made an artificial collapse.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:55:16 PM

It's not hard to resist i normally change my mentality in terms of bitcoin i imagine if it's a form of saving then it should be used only when required and with this i don't sell my bitcoins even when i have a higher profit. Others may have bought for other purposes just think of those you won't be able to convince yourself to sell bitcoin
Hawkers7

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

“OPEN GAMING PLATFORM ”

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:07:27 AM

What percent of people do you think are able to resist selling their BTC when confronted with huge profits they've obtained.  Say 500% or more even?
I think having an offer like that, will force me to sell my bitcoin. It is because it is rare to have an offer like that 500% or even more but it always depends to the person with bitcoin. It depends to him if he will sell their bitcoin with that amount of profit, or they will still patiently wait until they can gain even higher profit. Its about being wise and managable in bitcoin.

|▌   AQUA™   《   REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY   》   AQUA™   ▐|
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰◤       TOKEN SALE : MAY 7, 2018       ◥☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
Telegram    Twitter    Facebook    ONE PAGER    Instagram    LinkedIn    Medium
agus_purno

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:35:02 AM

What percent of people do you think are able to resist selling their BTC when confronted with huge profits they've obtained.  Say 500% or more even?
I think having an offer like that, will force me to sell my bitcoin. It is because it is rare to have an offer like that 500% or even more but it always depends to the person with bitcoin. It depends to him if he will sell their bitcoin with that amount of profit, or they will still patiently wait until they can gain even higher profit. Its about being wise and managable in bitcoin.

it's true that everyone has their own thoughts on whether to get a profit of what it depends on each bitcoin holder.
maybe with that offer many people agree and will want to sell it.
but not a few will also choose to get more profits

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:46:29 AM

Many people are resisting as their goal is long term profit, doesn't matter how much profit they can get now. If the price is increasing too much on short-medium term, imagine how good it can be on long term. 500% is nothing for who is holding since Bitcoin was created or since some years ago. And those who will sell won't sell all their coins, they will probably keep holding a good amount of Bitcoins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:00:47 PM

In past this percentage was too low as many people sell their bitcoin savings as soon as the price goes high, but with the passage of time people began to realize that holding is more beneficial than to sell. To be honest no one knows the exact percentage of the people who can resist selling their BTC on huge profit but i am sure that the percentage is increased a lot (may be about 500% but not sure) during the past couple of years.
It's been proven as time passed by, is value can really increase. For those who are really into saving then we can really resist cashing out.  But if were into spending when it's value increases we are tempted to spend it.
Yeah. It very much depends on the nature of the investor. If he is kind of person who wastes money a lot then he can of course not resist cashing out bitcoins when they show some good pumps but wise man is never ever going to withdraw maximum bitcoins on little pumps. He is going to wait until bitcoins touch his target.

Yes of course. The price of bitcoin is around 4250$.Every investor only cash out dollar only they want money in emergency. You will get huge profit only if the price of bitcoin reaches the moon or peak.It very hard to brought a Bitcoin in future. But it's possible to keep the bitcoin coin.
I think it is the total amount of profit that counts.
If you invest one dollar and get six dollars for it one day, you have a profit of 500%.
That would be no reason to cash out for me.
But if I had invested 100K and got 500K profit, things would be different.

This, it is not only about the return on investment it is about absolute numbers as well, someone that invested 1 dollar in bitcoin when bitcoin reached the dollar parity now only has one bitcoin and while that is more than many members of the forum that is not a big amount, but if someone bought when bitcoin was 1000 dollars but he bought 100 BTC then it becomes a lot more difficult to keep holding thanks to the huge profits that you have in absolute terms.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:11:02 PM

Many people are resisting as their goal is long term profit, doesn't matter how much profit they can get now. If the price is increasing too much on short-medium term, imagine how good it can be on long term. 500% is nothing for who is holding since Bitcoin was created or since some years ago. And those who will sell won't sell all their coins, they will probably keep holding a good amount of Bitcoins.

I am trying to put myself in their position, people who are in bitcoins from beginning have a lot of bitcoins and they were
in situation to take profit many times and probably it is hard to resist to sell or be greedy and wait more. 500% profit is a lot
of money and I would transfer some money on other places, I would be afraid to wait more, I am not a greedy person, but
I would not withdraw all, some I will stay for future.
   I tried to find answer on question how much will be the highest price for one bitcoin and I found many different answers, if
just half is true bitcoin is worth holding for a long time and to have at least one for next 20 years where price can go over $100k.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:24:32 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 11:30:36 PM by Kingofbitcoin12345

If I'm out of cash and need that urgently,, I can't resist converting my bitcoin on fiat.. I'll be much open to it than others who bought they're bitcoin for I only earned it through social media campaign,, signature campaigns and many more ways..But I don't have to cash it all just a fraction of it for I still hold for future used.. But if in emergency situation I won't hesitate to exchanged it all..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:25:19 PM

I couldn't resist selling at big profits.  Something that is keeping me from seeing huge profits regrettably.
If you can't resist selling at big profits but you want to keep holding those coins for a little bit longer then leave the market for a while because that is how you are going to make your holdings for a bit longer because if you will just get tempted to sell your coins at a big profits but you know that it will be better to sell it in the future then take a break to make it happen.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:35:19 PM

Resist if the profit is so high? I don't think anyone can do that. Because we won't know if the chance will ever come again.
But still, there're some people that will keep their bitcoin. Because they believe they price or profit will surely increase, so maybe if they wait any longer the profit will be even more greater.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
gotya1

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:45:42 AM

What do you think? Because of the good possibility of more, better profits.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:58:35 AM

500% of people? You know what it's hard to give a percentage on how many people can resist of selling their bitcoins when facing huge profits or after getting huge profits. The first question would probably this, why they would have to resist selling if that's going to give them a good profit. And personally I'm going to sell no matter what the price is as long as it pass my standards of getting profit.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:09:05 AM

not everyone thinks so, for example there are some people who rely on bitcoin as their main job so he used to use day to day he needed it for his living expenses, another case with people who invest his bitcoin, of course they have other jobs than bitcoin.
Probably for a 1000 people holding BTC only 1% of that thinking for selling it. Because more investors thinking of more profit and they believe that, holding it for long time the more they become more profitable us it's price hits in the market.
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:30:25 AM

For new users like me, it is very difficult to refrain from selling my coins. I sold some of my BTC earnings three months back. I wanted to feel the fun in profiting from Bitcoin. But now I feel like a fool. Had I held on to my coins, then I would have got a better ROI.
The price of Bitcoin has been signalled it will increase to the moon after bearish trend start in June.
Sell your Bitcoin is your wrong because you do not reseach about the price of Bitcoin on market, this is result by lazy!
Maybe some of them are selling their BTC because of some emergencies and they are totally need of money, and their's nothing to depend just only selling BTC. But we can blame them because that's their decision, and they made just to save other very important than bitcoin. Anyway, is just a money and still we can find it by making it again. Sometimes we sacrifice for the seek of others.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:21:03 PM

For new users like me, it is very difficult to refrain from selling my coins. I sold some of my BTC earnings three months back. I wanted to feel the fun in profiting from Bitcoin. But now I feel like a fool. Had I held on to my coins, then I would have got a better ROI.
The price of Bitcoin has been signalled it will increase to the moon after bearish trend start in June.
Sell your Bitcoin is your wrong because you do not reseach about the price of Bitcoin on market, this is result by lazy!
Maybe some of them are selling their BTC because of some emergencies and they are totally need of money, and their's nothing to depend just only selling BTC. But we can blame them because that's their decision, and they made just to save other very important than bitcoin. Anyway, is just a money and still we can find it by making it again. Sometimes we sacrifice for the seek of others.
This could be the reason for selling your bitcoin otherwise I think selling your bitcoin is not a sensible decision. Just think about the value of bitcoin in the future and the price. May if someone has more money he will buy more and more bitcoin besides he sells his holdings. If someone needs the money then he can sell some of his bitcoin and not all, if not then hold it for future needs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: