Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ---  (Read 3756 times)
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:29:27 PM

Unless you'd arrived in the last couple of months you would've had to have worked rather hard not to have huge profits by now. Overall I'm up plenty. I don't really ever want to sell and I never have. I'd much prefer to spend if there's a need for something and I don't give a shit if it's instantly converted, that's their problem.

It all depends on what your goals are and what your immediate needs are. No one should be going without something vital if they have profits to play with. Equally they'd be monumentally stupid to spend it all on Steam games.

The stars are only just beginning to align. If people can afford to then they should at least wait a few more years until after the next halving.
Most alts went up about 10 times its price and bitcoin has gone up 4 times in this year alone, this is the perfect market for holders, just hold your bitcoin and get great profits, however even in this favorable market I have seen people claiming they have lost money, something that I find incredible but it may be possible for those that think they can outsmart the market only to find themselves left behind by bitcoin and the other coins.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:07:11 PM

For new users like me, it is very difficult to refrain from selling my coins. I sold some of my BTC earnings three months back. I wanted to feel the fun in profiting from Bitcoin. But now I feel like a fool. Had I held on to my coins, then I would have got a better ROI.
The price of Bitcoin has been signalled it will increase to the moon after bearish trend start in June.
Sell your Bitcoin is your wrong because you do not reseach about the price of Bitcoin on market, this is result by lazy!
Maybe some of them are selling their BTC because of some emergencies and they are totally need of money, and their's nothing to depend just only selling BTC. But we can blame them because that's their decision, and they made just to save other very important than bitcoin. Anyway, is just a money and still we can find it by making it again. Sometimes we sacrifice for the seek of others.
This could be the reason for selling your bitcoin otherwise I think selling your bitcoin is not a sensible decision. Just think about the value of bitcoin in the future and the price. May if someone has more money he will buy more and more bitcoin besides he sells his holdings. If someone needs the money then he can sell some of his bitcoin and not all, if not then hold it for future needs.

I always remind myself that the value of bitcoin may increase tenfold in the years to come every time I get tempted to sell out my coins. I'd probably sell it during emergencies too or at times of need and only if I had no other choice; Bitcoin would be my last resort. As much possible, I would want to hodl all the bitcoins that I have.

Some sell out their bitcoins on a regular basis because they treat earning bitcoins as a sideline or regular income and they use the profit they get from it for regular and daily expenses.
sheryl26

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:14:28 PM

What percent of people do you think are able to resist selling their BTC when confronted with huge profits they've obtained.  Say 500% or more even?

I can give a percentage but I know that the majority of the people are holding their bitcoins in order to have much bigger profit. Because we all knwobtahg bitcoins value never stops to grow. So that is angrrat opportunity to have a lot of bitcoins in your wallet. Because much bitcoins can lead into much profit, it can almost doubles you money that you're holding. Me and my friends are still holding our bitcoins for a while, it is almost a year and we have gain a lot of profit without doing anything lately because of the huge pump.
Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:20:35 PM

What percent of people do you think are able to resist selling their BTC when confronted with huge profits they've obtained.  Say 500% or more even?
I think there is just a minimal or let us just say a small percentage of bitcoin users do resist of selling their bitcoins in exchange of gaining a large offering of profit in their account. They probably do sell their bitcoins so that they can have some funds to buy more bitcoins compared to the initial earning they have. Maybe in some reasons, people tend to sell their bitcoin because they are desperately in need of money and selling their bitcoin is the only way they can see to gather and gain enough money to sustain their needs. Since people tend to buy and buy and buy bitcoins to maximize their capacity and capability of earning.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:29:17 PM

For new users like me, it is very difficult to refrain from selling my coins. I sold some of my BTC earnings three months back. I wanted to feel the fun in profiting from Bitcoin. But now I feel like a fool. Had I held on to my coins, then I would have got a better ROI.
The price of Bitcoin has been signalled it will increase to the moon after bearish trend start in June.
Sell your Bitcoin is your wrong because you do not reseach about the price of Bitcoin on market, this is result by lazy!
Maybe some of them are selling their BTC because of some emergencies and they are totally need of money, and their's nothing to depend just only selling BTC. But we can blame them because that's their decision, and they made just to save other very important than bitcoin. Anyway, is just a money and still we can find it by making it again. Sometimes we sacrifice for the seek of others.
This could be the reason for selling your bitcoin otherwise I think selling your bitcoin is not a sensible decision. Just think about the value of bitcoin in the future and the price. May if someone has more money he will buy more and more bitcoin besides he sells his holdings. If someone needs the money then he can sell some of his bitcoin and not all, if not then hold it for future needs.
I also think that we should consider selling of bitcoins only when we have no other option of meeting our demands. Bitcoins are far better to be kept for long time in wallets than selling them off in short time in terms of profit. I don’t think so bitcoin investors are not holding bitcoins for future purposes. Everyone is keeping them for bright future.
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:13:29 AM

we are still in the beginning of crypto currency revolution. 500% is a reason why they wont sell their btc, because they believe it can be more than that. So I think its just less than 5%. Its difficult to decide when you want to open a buy positon right now when the price are high, but its even more difficult to cash out when you buy it at low price.
It is actually going to be more than that. Most adults (not new born babies) in this crypto world today from experience already know that holding is far better than trying to quickly sell for profit. Ask those who made the mistake few years ago and they will tell you.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:51:07 PM

If that is the case we cannot blame people from withdrawing their bitcoin in a moment when they need it but at the same time we know that bitcoin is going to become extremely valuable in the future, so we need to do everything we can to accumulate as much of it as is possible for us and it is obvious we are never going to accomplish that if we keep spending our bitcoin.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:08:18 AM

Actually if you are trading most of us will sell it to lock in your profits specially if you know that it is just a spike in price. You can always buy back in pullbacks. It will actually depend on your strategy. If you sit and hold i understand that strategy but some of us are also risk taker who would like to get more profits.Imagine if you bought 1 coin for $3,000 and we know recently it spike at $4,500. If you were able to sell it in that price you earned around $1,500. Then the price pullback at $3,200 because of the China news and Dimon bashing Bitcoin. if you were able to buy again around that price  your gain is $1,300 and you still have you coin. Trading is not for all but it's more profitable if you know what you are doing.

Anyway my strategy is to hold some of my coins in my wallet and i have coins for trading.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 01:39:40 AM

I think there are people who would sell some of their bitcoin for the sake of taking small profit. It would not affect its portfolio that much if what he is taking is only profit but not a part of his initial capital. I,myself would take small profit because I want to enjoy my profit from time to time. With cryptocurrencies being so volatile, we never know what the future will be so taking part of profit is a safe way of diversifying my investments as well so that I will have more income generating business/investment aside from cryptocurrencies.

franco123

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:55:30 AM

I really cant say exact. This is a question like asking what is the percentage of Bitcoin conservative investors or those who tades regularly.

I for one is a conservative investoe which means i can hold my Bitcoins and not sell it for a long time especially if I dont need the money yet anyway. This is because I believe that the price may still continue to increase. And beside I have my regular job to sustain my needs and even wants.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:58:13 AM

well if you have a clear cut plan with what you want to do with your bitcoins i guess nothing can make you sell them  and so i'm a perfect example and i hardly sell what i have stored and maybe it's because i haven't had any pressing need to.
Mikasa77

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:03:36 AM

It depends to the people who have bitcoin. Those people who have their own bitcoin that is experiencing a financial problem, cannot resist selling their bitcoin knowing that they can gain a large profit. But to those people that are stable enough with their lives, can resist any amount that will offer to them because they think of the future.

♦ UNIQUE GAMES ♦     Tower.bet     ♦   DAILY RACES   ♦
██   ██   ██   ██████████████████████████████████████████████   ██   ██   ██
$41,000+ Level Bonuses   ★   300 DOGE Signup Bonus
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 10:09:34 AM

Everyone has their own circumstances and will act in the way that suits them best. Personally, I find it very easy to resist selling as I got involved in 2012 and first bought at $20. That meant I was able to sell only a very small amount of coin to recover my investment and make a large profit. Since then I just work on accumulating more coin from trading, investing and the occasional bit of work.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:14:08 AM

well if you have a clear cut plan with what you want to do with your bitcoins i guess nothing can make you sell them  and so i'm a perfect example and i hardly sell what i have stored and maybe it's because i haven't had any pressing need to.

Normally, for anyone with a proper means of income outside bitcoin, I do not see any reason why they should have that huge pressing need to withdraw their bitcoins since the most important part is to HODL for future and they can always cover up with what they are earning from the outside. Circumstances differ though, but having bitcoin is more like buying a stakes in a company knowing that one day that stake is going to be worth so much than you can imagine and then selling to someone at a cheaper rate than it would have been later on.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:08:44 PM

not everyone thinks so, for example there are some people who rely on bitcoin as their main job so he used to use day to day he needed it for his living expenses, another case with people who invest his bitcoin, of course they have other jobs than bitcoin.
Probably for a 1000 people holding BTC only 1% of that thinking for selling it. Because more investors thinking of more profit and they believe that, holding it for long time the more they become more profitable us it's price hits in the market.
Holding for a long term has always paid more than anything and even those who have been holding right from the onset are still holding while putting some of it to work to get the best of the life they have always dreamed about.
The truth is that bitcoin has huge potentials and for all those who can see the potentials, they will know bitcoin is just on the first gear which will still take some number of years before it even switches to gear 2.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2254
Merit: 787

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:35:41 PM

The decision really boils down to the preference of the individual when it comes to his/her profit and investments. If one speculates that his/her investment would benefit in the future, then withdrawing it at an early stage is unlikely. But when the individual sees his/her investments only for the short-term perspective, then that would benefit them. Do remember that people generally invest into bitcoin hoping that they would yield profit in the long-run. But in the event that an opportunity like this one arises, then the obvious choice would be to cash out it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:37:25 PM

not everyone thinks so, for example there are some people who rely on bitcoin as their main job so he used to use day to day he needed it for his living expenses, another case with people who invest his bitcoin, of course they have other jobs than bitcoin.
Probably for a 1000 people holding BTC only 1% of that thinking for selling it. Because more investors thinking of more profit and they believe that, holding it for long time the more they become more profitable us it's price hits in the market.
Holding for a long term has always paid more than anything and even those who have been holding right from the onset are still holding while putting some of it to work to get the best of the life they have always dreamed about.
The truth is that bitcoin has huge potentials and for all those who can see the potentials, they will know bitcoin is just on the first gear which will still take some number of years before it even switches to gear 2.
Yes and that is the reason that still most of the wise people do not interested to sell their bitcoin, even some people are there who are holding their bitcoin for previous few years and now they can even get a good amount of money but still they are too much confident about bitcoin and therefore they are not going to sell their bitcoins.
javalemcgee

Activity: 215

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:41:05 PM

well if you have a clear cut plan with what you want to do with your bitcoins i guess nothing can make you sell them  and so i'm a perfect example and i hardly sell what i have stored and maybe it's because i haven't had any pressing need to.

Normally, for anyone with a proper means of income outside bitcoin, I do not see any reason why they should have that huge pressing need to withdraw their bitcoins since the most important part is to HODL for future and they can always cover up with what they are earning from the outside. Circumstances differ though, but having bitcoin is more like buying a stakes in a company knowing that one day that stake is going to be worth so much than you can imagine and then selling to someone at a cheaper rate than it would have been later on.

People can't make sure the future of bitcoin will be successful and they sell in case of profits they earned. Otherwise, nobody would trade bitcoin in the exchanges and they would hold it forever.

This will never happen.
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:00:25 AM

Eventually, everyone who ends up selling for profit will always end up feeling like a fool when they see the price shooting up gradually except for those who are trading though.

However, even if you are trading, it is still not wise putting all your currencies back for fiat when you know there is always either a possibility of one to keep having an increase or a decrease. Emergencies though like you said, can really force someone into using some parts of it, most especially if you do not have any other means.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:56:59 PM

It depends to the people who have bitcoin. Those people who have their own bitcoin that is experiencing a financial problem, cannot resist selling their bitcoin knowing that they can gain a large profit. But to those people that are stable enough with their lives, can resist any amount that will offer to them because they think of the future.
You really do have a point there though. There are some unforeseen circumstances that can make some people actually just dip their hands in their wallets even when they don’t feel like due to the pressing need to solve the problems at hand and that simply relates to bitcoin as well. I have been there and it is just how life is, you cannot fight it. But honestly I wonder how Satoshi Namamotto is managing himself to hold all his 1+ million bitcoins.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████