Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:34:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LTC] The Litecoin Owl Sanctuary  (Read 3378 times)
laris2

Activity: 688
Merit: 506

CryptoCurrency Evangelist

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 09:06:15 PM

Hey all, wow, paid out over 170LTC now Cool

I'm still tweaking the numbers a bit -- in particular trying to get the "next price" multipliers down so that more people can have fun at the low levels before the price gets higher.

I REALLY wish transaction fees were lower as it would be great to have start prices like 0.1LTC, 0.01LTC Sad

Anyway -- Every owl keeps the same set of rules and stats until it expires, and then if there are any rule changes waiting to be applied they automatically kick in at the start of that owl's next game. This keeps everything fair for current owl sponsors Smiley So, if you're waiting for a reset so you can sponsor a lovely cheap owl for yourself, do make sure you check you're still happy with its rules in case they have changed a little before buying it Smiley

<3
Yeah that comission on litecoin transaction is really killing me Sad low owl cost would be best imo

TEST
JonnyBravo (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 01:24:03 AM

Just to say I did another timer reset for current owl holders at 23:08 UTC, to make up for a couple of minutes of server unavailability just before then Smiley

Operator of the L8 site family, featuring classic Roulette, Blackjack, Video Poker, Dice and more on your favourite altcoins (CLOAK, DOGE, LTC and more)
Mogumodz

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 01:30:25 PM

Fast Gold Owl got reset Sad

Bitcoin OTC rating GPG ID: 3E7974A1 P2Pool statistics: p2pool.info
laris2

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 04:24:37 PM

Fast Gold Owl got reset Sad
I bought the fast owls, wow instantenious rebought after the reset, some nice easy money. Should rebuy now untill people come to their pc's and buy them Cheesy

TEST
Mogumodz

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:27:45 PM

Tried to buy the Fast gold Owl at 2.3 which would give 3.9 and this popped up trying to send lolwut?

O.o'

JonnyBravo (OP)

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 11:38:07 PM

Huh

Ok, I THINK this can happen in the situation that your coins are made up from a lot of little payments -- but to be honest I'm not sure :S Anyone can explain this?

Grrr tx fees :--( We NEED to be able to do micropayments!

Operator of the L8 site family, featuring classic Roulette, Blackjack, Video Poker, Dice and more on your favourite altcoins (CLOAK, DOGE, LTC and more)
laris2

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 11:40:11 PM

Tried to buy the Fast gold Owl at 2.3 which would give 3.9 and this popped up trying to send lolwut?

O.o'
WOW,
Are you mining on P2P pool?
The transactions come from different sources, and it costs xx for xx bytes cant tell precisely. But leave your client up and running and after some time the transaction cost will drop to 0,001.

These transaction fees should be adapted to current LTC price, otherwise micropayments are not possible. like awsome pic!

TEST
Mogumodz

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:40:29 PM

That was one of the smallest fee's it said, highest was 11.something O.O'

Trick is to just keep trying until it says a nice 0.3 or something I don't mind paying.

*Edit* Yes I mine p2pool. Way around it is just keep rolling the dice until it says a smaller number. I will record a video for giggles to show the randomness of it.

*Edit* Also my client has been up and running for days, if not weeks now. *Startup time: 04/09/13 04:46:00*

laris2

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 11:49:35 PM

That was one of the smallest fee's it said, highest was 11.something O.O'

Trick is to just keep trying until it says a nice 0.3 or something I don't mind paying.

*Edit* Yes I mine p2pool. Way around it is just keep rolling the dice until it says a smaller number. I will record a video for giggles to show the randomness of it.

*Edit* Also my client has been up and running for days, if not weeks now.
Wow, really strange.
I mined on ltcmine/litecoinpool so had money in big chunks.
But maaan when i tried to buy that owl and it said tx fee -0.2 i was like wtf?!?
Only P2P pool pays tx fees, and other tx fees end up in pool owners pocket.

TEST
Mogumodz

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:43:14 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2013, 03:54:52 AM by Mogumodz

Oh well, I just have to keep trying till it's reasonable like a 0.3

One owl just got reset. Cheap Cheap Cheap it said.

Mogumodz

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:56:21 AM

Just had a thought, could you make a Feathercoin one, would fit with the Owls theme. Grin

JonnyBravo (OP)

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 12:38:20 PM

Mogumodz, sorry mate, had replied to your PM but hadn't realised you'd posted here -- yes, great idea Cheesy Cheesy

efx

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:06:47 PM

Tx. fees are decided by several factors iirc. Transactions that contain lots of dust (size of the overall transaction) will require a higher fee and also the 'age' of the coins since they hit the wallet plays a large factor, as someone mentioned. Originally, the high fees were necessary to prevent intentionally malicious transaction spam.

Now that we can safely bet on not going under 5 cents per unit, there should be a pretty significant reduction coming with the 0.8 client.

Neat website.  Wink
laris2

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 08:55:49 PM

Tx. fees are decided by several factors iirc. Transactions that contain lots of dust (size of the overall transaction) will require a higher fee and also the 'age' of the coins since they hit the wallet plays a large factor, as someone mentioned. Originally, the high fees were necessary to prevent intentionally malicious transaction spam.

Now that we can safely bet on not going under 5 cents per unit, there should be a pretty significant reduction coming with the 0.8 client.

Neat website.  Wink
Wow,
Nice news, where does the 0,8 client come published or ir is it something that can be changed by recompiling the old client?
Also I like this site consolation model, their 40% consolation gives me more money back than bitpotatos 70%.

TEST
JonnyBravo (OP)

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 09:44:26 PM

efx, thanks for the clarification, and that's really great to hear re the .8 client Smiley

244.81 LTC paid out so far, wow!!! I've had to do the occasional refund here and there for transactions that fell outside the window -- and at one point today there seems to be an unusual lag on the block chain -- but apart from that launch weekend has gone really well Smiley

EDIT: Yes, our consolation really is quite a bit higher percentage-for-percentage; bitpotato gives you 70% of the round profits as your consolation, whereas we give you the stated percentage of your stake.

If you do the maths, you'll see that in fact n% of your stake is quite a lot higher than n% of the profits made that round, counterintuitive though that is Cheesy

laris2

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 09:48:40 PM

efx, thanks for the clarification, and that's really great to hear re the .8 client Smiley

244.81 LTC paid out so far, wow!!! I've had to do the occasional refund here and there for transactions that fell outside the window -- and at one point today there seems to be an unusual lag on the block chain -- but apart from that launch weekend has gone really well Smiley
Was that the network bug, or the bug you encountered? Cuz look

my tx never went through and I missed the timer not once, twice!
THANK YOU FOR REFUND.
P.S.  - Had similiar issue with bitgrenade, and wonder-what they wont refund tx that missed the timer!!?
P.S.S. - For Gratitude enjoy my signature sir!

TEST
JonnyBravo (OP)

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 09:53:24 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2013, 10:30:46 PM by JonnyBravo

No probs laris2 Smiley

If there's anyone else who had problems due to the blockchain strangeness today, please DO get in touch so I can refund you.

To protect user's privacy I really don't log anything at all beyond the current game, so if you have a problem you need to get in touch Smiley

EDIT: I would really like to say thanks to the friendly pentester who pointed out a couple of issues in a completely benign way and who I had a nice conversation with Smiley

efx

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:05:43 PM

Neat website.  Wink
Wow,
Nice news, where does the 0,8 client come published or ir is it something that can be changed by recompiling the old client?
Also I like this site consolation model, their 40% consolation gives me more money back than bitpotatos 70%.

We will have to wait for the official release (unless people want to take on a decent amount of work independently, +1 to decentralized chains  Wink). The github has been pretty active, so I don't think it will be too much longer. Considering the issues bitcoin is still experiencing with their new client (slush found one of them with his pool, heh), I suspect they are trying to get the jump on those fixes before releasing the new client.

IIRC, there may be a way of forcing lower fees in the meantime.
laris2

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 06:58:48 PM

Neat website.  Wink
Wow,

We will have to wait for the official release (unless people want to take on a decent amount of work independently, +1 to decentralized chains  Wink). The github has been pretty active, so I don't think it will be too much longer. Considering the issues bitcoin is still experiencing with their new client (slush found one of them with his pool, heh), I suspect they are trying to get the jump on those fixes before releasing the new client.

IIRC, there may be a way of forcing lower fees in the meantime.
Wow, did hear about slush pool problems. Its good that they fixed it!
If you tell ideas to the dev on reducing the fees, we would all benefit!

TEST
matt_boyd

Activity: 246

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:00:50 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the own is mine Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: